Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Work from Home, lot type

Seeing the new vet stuff made me think I'd like to have a vet office(part-time) at home. People could stop by randomly(less than an actual clinic) and ask them to see their pet. The same would go for restaurants and retail stores.
It would really cool if your home lot could also be used to run a store full-time, you could have an apartment above the store/restaurant/clinic.
I suppose this would be a lot option like home/retail, home/restaurant, home/clinic.

Comments

• Options
    whyaccesswhyaccess Posts: 182 Member
    A daycare at home too.
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    whyaccess wrote: »
    A daycare at home too.

We don't have a daycare employment option yet, but yeah that would be interesting. I've done 7 toddlers twice, kind of fun, kind of not.
  • Options
    ChelsmazingChelsmazing Posts: 60 Member
    I used the daycare profession in almost every sims 3 family I made, it was a fun challenge learning to effectively care for all those kids. I would definitely love to see the daycare option make it's way to the sims 4!

I think that the idea of combination home and work lots would be one of the biggest improvements they could make at this point.
    Spread love, not hate.
    The world is dark enough as it is.
  • Options
    I hardly ever use the Generations pack and I never tried the daycare profession. All of my sims who have had restaurants or retail stores have abandoned their home lots to live on the retail one. I know a lot of people do that and it'd be nice if we could do it officially.
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I would love the ability to run a buisness on your home lot. Its the only issue i have with the retail system and vet clinic.
  • Options
    Have a garage attached to your home where you can fix up your on or other sim a cars, bikes, and bicycles, or fix cars up to sell out of the garage.
  • Options
    Have a garage attached to your home where you can fix up your on or other sim a cars, bikes, and bicycles, or fix cars up to sell out of the garage.

That would be fun, but it seems kind of pointless in this game where our sims seemingly teleport and don't need cars.
  • Options
    They have fake cars in this partially simulated world, why not give some more reality for why the cars are there. It is just pretend after all.
  • Options
    HarlowandMeHarlowandMe Posts: 231 Member

I would love that:)) I really want Mobile Holmes, and camper's too. I wouldn't mind the whole teleportation thing, if they had too. I really love the daycare Idea too:))

I would love the work from home trait Idea. It could add new kind of careers too like
    - Door to door sales person ( essential oils, Wraps, Tuba-wear, diet pills, books, specialty clothes and jewelry, ect.)
    Your sim could join the pyramid scheme, rise to the top. Other sims could ignore them at the door, and get annoyed. Have online parties
    and host parties to get a discount. It would be a fun new spin
    -Bed and Breakfast
    -Maybe they could even pick a room for only customers can enter, so people can not randomly go through the rest of your house.
    -A real photography career, that you could set up at your house, where people could schedule appoints on your lot or
    studio, or different places like the park. Give you good and bad reviews on your business
    -Lemonade stand/bake sale for kids to have small business
    -Maybe they could extend and let you be a Handy Man Career

• Options
    GodleyjeansGodleyjeans Posts: 336 Member
    yes to everything! I’ve never gotten over the ability to run businesses at home in sims 2 and the choice to work from home As a whole is a must for me.

Call me old fashioned but I’d love the option to run a produce stall from home, neighbours come over and buy a plants worth of this or that and we can also craft meals and sell them to locals from our kitchen.
    If your sims neighbor is poor, they can have the option of giving it away for free or for much less, or trade even! Your sims children can sell their friends cupcakes and or help run the fruit stall outside, or create pester power moodlits increasing their friends need for fruit and veggies and will therefore pester their parents to buy more.

Also and some will no doubt disagree, the option to breed puppies or kittens and sell them to neighbours. Say your dog or cat has a litter of three and you only want one of them, you’re low on cash or space and so you can either put them up for adoption at home and have neighbours come see or sell them through newspapers and computers. They will only be sold to sims in the universe so you can’t lose them forever, but you will get a decent amount depending on the breed, stranger less common breeds earn more and attract more attention. Again it is a debatable career and yes sims in game will make complaints about you but given the right skills and the right person, it can be a genuine business that lasts two maybe three litters and you get to see your pets babies have good homes, maybe even start a dog walking group with the family XD
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Rae357 wrote: »

That would be fun, but it seems kind of pointless in this game where our sims seemingly teleport and don't need cars.

Im pretty sure cars like they were in the sims 2 would work.