The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires and dark forms

I haven't seen any vampires in their dark forms. Vlad pop up all the time in my neighbourhood either wearing the ridiculous apartment living clothes or his normal form... have you guys seen their dark forms? Also if the crazy outfits bug is linked to vampires dark forms... and not city living festivals, is there a way to simply prevent vampires from changing outfits at all?
21mbz47.jpg

Comments

• Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Vlad showed up here:
    EXGBamF.jpg
    But that was a number of patches and fixes ago.
    I only see them in dark form when they're feeding, so it's only when my Sims ask to be turned.
    Lilith changes whenever she feeds, even at work:
    wxuJZjx.jpg
    I don't know what the crazy outfit/wacky hat bug is linked to. It happens so often that I just take it for granted that everyone in San Myshuno is a little crazy now. Maybe it's the water.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Vlad showed up here:
    EXGBamF.jpg
    But that was a number of patches and fixes ago.
    I only see them in dark form when they're feeding, so it's only when my Sims ask to be turned.
    Lilith changes whenever she feeds, even at work:
    wxuJZjx.jpg
    I don't know what the crazy outfit/wacky hat bug is linked to. It happens so often that I just take it for granted that everyone in San Myshuno is a little crazy now. Maybe it's the water.

My vampires are drinking the same water then haha
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    mckenzie9artmckenzie9art Posts: 2 New Member
    Mine did the same thing as well. I have three sims in a club and one of the club activities to do is use vampire powers. So when they changed into their dark forms, their outfits were not at all what they were supposed to be. Once they hid their dark forms, all was well. This happened the day I posted this. I hope this gets patched up! Because the outfits sometimes are just downright hideous.
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,970 Member
    Is there a way how I get an uncontrolled Vampire in to his darf from?
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Busufu wrote: »
    Is there a way how I get an uncontrolled Vampire in to his darf from?

I use the MC Master Controll mod to do that.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    I don't use mods :/ , so no other way?
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
  • Options
    ChelsmazingChelsmazing Posts: 60 Member
    I get vamps on a fairly regular basis, the only time I've seen them change forms was to feed on my sleeping sim. Leads me to believe the only time you can see a NPC vampire in dark form is when they are feeding upon a sim. I haven't played into the vamps too much though so I can't be sure that's only way it will occur.
    Spread love, not hate.
    The world is dark enough as it is.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Busufu wrote: »
    I don't use mods :/ , so no other way?

The only other way that I know of is to play as a vampire and ask the other vampire who's stuck in their dark form (usually Vlad) to a sparring match. He should change back into his regular form after that.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    yup, sparring matches or (if the sim you're playing isn't a vampire, getting into a real fight with them) will get the vampires into their dark forms. you can also look at a vampire's dark form (and an alien's undisguised form) in manage worlds. i go there at least once a gameplay session to check on townies, alter outfits of those that don't know how to dress themselves, delete super irksome ones (like kleptos) or the like.
  • Options
    Ok thanks guys, I will try that.
    Sul Sul!
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,209 Member
    I have my Vampire Sims to have their human form match their dark form with the cool eyes & fangs. No Vampire scars don't like them.
  • Options
    EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top