Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's talk about Seasons!

How long do you make each season? Do you keep it at default or make Seasons longer or shorter? (Or skip one altogether) What is your favourite season?

All my seasons are set to 10 days each apart from winter, that's set to 7 and my favourite season is Spring or Autumn as it's so pretty.

Comments

• Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    I play a 91 day life span so keep all my seasons at 7 days. I do not skip any seasons but I do use NRaas' Tempest mod to alter the temperatures and amount of fog, rain, snow and sunshine (I turn off hail altogether) of each season to fit the world/town. I reduce the amount of rain in all the seasons in all the towns, some such as Lucky Palms, more than others. I set up so that there is more rain in spring then in other seasons. In towns where I allow snow I reduce the amount mostly, except Aurora Skies and Hidden Springs get the EA default amounts.

My favorite seasons are fall and winter with a blanket of snow.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    It depends on the world. In Dragon Valley I have rain enabled because I associate the world with Ireland and Scotland and, well... :p I have all seasons almost equally set there (7 days each, winter 5). In Isla Paradiso where I play now however, it's always summer. I do enable rain every now and then, but manually, not by default. Just after a long dry period (I love a thunderstorm in that world, but not too often). So yeah, it depends ;) I'd treat Sunlit Tides the same way, if that world wouldn't be so amazingly beautiful covered in snow :blush:
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    It depends. I'm currently playing with a full epic lifespan, and have the seasons set for 14 days each. But my sim is currently living in Isla Paradiso, which is tropical, so I have only spring and summer enabled, with each being 28 days. With NRaas Tempest, I've set the spring weather to be only slightly cooler than summer, and have all four holidays enabled. I also have given children and teens summers off from school, with NRaas Story Progression.

Normally, I play shorter lifespans, and have each season set for 7 days. But I have decided I like playing longer lifespans, and when I am finished with the current game, I'm thinking of trying something like 300 to 400 days, and having summer and winter each last 14 days, with spring and fall lasting 7 days each.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I think that I keep it long. Prolonged seasons do not bother me and if the worst comes to it I can turn some effects off by the options such as too much snow will keep kids off school for too long so I am sometimes forced to turn it off for a day and then back on again if I feel that it is safe to do so
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,935 Member
    Mostly I have all four seasons but usually turn off rain and hail.

I have my life span set to max except for babies who are allowed to stay as babies for up to 10 days.

The reason I have such long lifespans is because I like to play most households in a world and don't want a baby to be born and grow up and die of old age before I get to play it.

This is one of the reasons I have the boarding school. I really have lots of different interconnected games using NRAAS Traveler mod. My sims live in several different worlds and they don't age while I'm playing in another world.

I'm currently learning about settings in Tempest that will allow me to control temperatures in the various seasons. So far I haven't had much success but haven't tried very hard to have success so can't complain.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I love the snow! I've never actually enabled snow in Sunlit tides. I think it's because I see enough snow and bad weather in real life and Sunlit Tides is the only way I will ever "live" in a tropical paradise ;)

Speaking of snow why is it every time my kids get a snow day the darn bus turns up and takes them to school? Is that a bug or meant to happen?

I always forget I can turn things like hail off and on!
  • Options
    Namaya92Namaya92 Posts: 934 Member
    i usually leave it at the standard settings, unless I play in a tropical world then I usually only have summer. Or when my sim is a gardener, then I only have summer as well because I never make greenhouses for some reason.
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I usually set seasons to 10 days each just to prevent the holidays from occurring on the same day of the week. For desert and tropical worlds (like Strangetown and Isla Paradiso) I'll modify that and set winter to 5 days and summer to 15. I use Tempest to set the temperatures above freezing for Fall and Spring. Unfortunately that doesn't prevent plants from going dormant in early fall, but at least freshwater fishing is available for most of the year. I also reduce the chance of rain in Summer, Spring, and Fall and increase the chance of sunny days, particularly in Summer. The only weather I regularly toggle in Options is hail. Sometimes hail lasts for far too long no matter my Tempest settings, so sometimes I'll turn it off completely.

University is a big exception. I set seasons to 14 days in that world since my sims usually attend 2 week terms. I like having the season remain constant over the term.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,435 Member
    edited September 2017
    I live in Ca-na-da... :D So I put my Seasons at 28 days for winter, 7 days for Spring and Fall and 14 days for Summer. :mrgreen:

https://youtu.be/2ic3xNfEP_o

I'll tell you why "when I thaw out". :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,829 Member
    edited September 2017
    I keep it to default if I'm playing on normal lifespan or it depends on the world I'm playing.

Fall is my favorite season, much like in RL. I would enjoy winter but the endless heavy snow and constant snow days really bug me. With NRaas: Tempest in place, it's not as bad but again... depends on the world because I have different profiles for each world.

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    eric6a01eric6a01 Posts: 69 Member
    Just keep the original setting, 7 days every seasons
    I prefer fall season, look at those orange leafs!
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited November 2017
    I play with aging off and hop back and forth between several families, so the pacing of my game tends to be rather languid. I like leaving summer on 21 days and the rest of the seasons on 14. I grew up in an area with long hot summers and very mild winters, so maybe that's why I like my summers so long.

I usually play with all seasons and all weather enabled unless I'm in a world like Isla Paradiso or Sunlit Tides, in which case I play eternal summer. My favorite season is fall.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    ktorres08ktorres08 Posts: 14 New Member
    I like to play whatever season I'm currently in. Right now it started snowing in on the East Coast, so I've switched my season from Fall to Winter :smile: I need to start decorating for Christmas!
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    7 days each seasons. But only for Isla Paradiso I put 19 days spring, 27 days summer, 7 days fall but no winter.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    I use the default seasons, but I like the idea of making them 10 days so the holidays always fall on different days. I do use NRaas tempest, so my tropical worlds are warm in the winter and hot in the summer and when I play colder worlds, I adjust according as well.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,605 Member
    All of them are on 7, except Winter. There is no winter in my country so I just play it a little longer.... also because its my favorite season :) If only there was snow at my country I will be very happy B)
  • Options
    SummerskydreamerSummerskydreamer Posts: 1,681 Member
    edited January 2018
    I love the seasons so on all my games the season are all on 28 days lol. I do take the snow out of Sunlit Tides an IP an will usual set the temp at one temp for fall an winter a few days then change it but i might see what happens if i do not do this lol.XD