January 15 - Is everyone ready for the Friday Highlights? Check them out here.
Welcome to all new Simmers joining us over the holiday season! 🎉 Have fun on the forum and please make sure you check out the forum rules and
the rules about necroposting.
December 22 - It's the time of year again: Join the 12 Days of Simsmas! 🎄

Not So Berry Legacy Challenge

Comments

  • veritEAveritEA Posts: 3 New Member
    3KNPen wrote: »
    @veritEA It can be a bit tricky and take a bit of patience to get the colors to stick. What you need to do is change the hair on the toddler/child and then switch it over to an adult Sim and wait a second or two before closing out of CAS (make sure the toddler/child's hair color in their portrait on the bottom of the scree is the color you want it before you close out. It should stay that color in-game until the next time you go into CAS when it might switch back to a normal color again.

    I really hope they fix this in a patch soon.

    isn't there a way where you use cc hair with single swatch?
    (thanks for the help!)
  • alwaysimminggalwaysimmingg Posts: 82 Member
    veritEA wrote: »
    3KNPen wrote: »
    @veritEA It can be a bit tricky and take a bit of patience to get the colors to stick. What you need to do is change the hair on the toddler/child and then switch it over to an adult Sim and wait a second or two before closing out of CAS (make sure the toddler/child's hair color in their portrait on the bottom of the scree is the color you want it before you close out. It should stay that color in-game until the next time you go into CAS when it might switch back to a normal color again.

    I really hope they fix this in a patch soon.

    isn't there a way where you use cc hair with single swatch?
    (thanks for the help!)

    maybe youll have some luck here :: http://sssvitlans.tumblr.com/tagged/s4tod mmhair recolor
    43a9e79e48f14f5ed6488469d6d1976f.gif
    co-creator of the Not So Berry legacy challenge // I'm a lover // twitter // twitch
  • cherrypopcherrypop Posts: 64 Member
    In the second generation, how do you leave someone at the alter?
  • FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    cherrypop wrote: »
    In the second generation, how do you leave someone at the alter?

    @cherrypop I had asked this question a while ago and then again posted this a about a week ago.... below that is what I got in response..
    Fizzstix wrote: »
    I haven't been playing this save file for a while now. Still not sure how to approach the leaving at the alter. Has anyone gotten to that point? What did you do? What worked? What didn't?

    Someone mentioned there is a broken heart to click if you elope immediately? Is there something that can be done if you plan a wedding?
    3KNPen wrote: »
    Yes you can do it if you plan a wedding. Have the engaged pair start the wedding, then once it's in progress select the sim you want to do the leaving and then click the wedding arch. The option to "Leave at the Alter" should come up if it doesn't check under the "Mean" Interactions.
  • SayoTheSimmerSayoTheSimmer Posts: 7 New Member
    I just started playing and created my sim Pepper Berry. <3
  • SayoTheSimmerSayoTheSimmer Posts: 7 New Member
    > @BlindxSecrets said:
    > @alwaysimmingg Oh, please do! <3
    >
    > I've been looking around the last few days for an interesting legacy to try to get me back into the game (I've been away for two years) and this is such a neat idea, I have to try it. :D I'm not terribly far yet, only just started (though I did spend a lot of time decorating my Sims' apartment lol). My Sim's name is Cerulean Blue (even though it's supposed to be Minty, I couldn't think of another name). Really enjoying her so far.

    Sooo cute.
  • cherrypopcherrypop Posts: 64 Member
    Fizzstix wrote: »
    cherrypop wrote: »
    In the second generation, how do you leave someone at the alter?

    @cherrypop I had asked this question a while ago and then again posted this a about a week ago.... below that is what I got in response..
    Fizzstix wrote: »
    I haven't been playing this save file for a while now. Still not sure how to approach the leaving at the alter. Has anyone gotten to that point? What did you do? What worked? What didn't?

    Someone mentioned there is a broken heart to click if you elope immediately? Is there something that can be done if you plan a wedding?
    3KNPen wrote: »
    Yes you can do it if you plan a wedding. Have the engaged pair start the wedding, then once it's in progress select the sim you want to do the leaving and then click the wedding arch. The option to "Leave at the Alter" should come up if it doesn't check under the "Mean" Interactions.

    Thank you! ^^
  • alwaysimminggalwaysimmingg Posts: 82 Member
    cherrypop wrote: »
    Fizzstix wrote: »
    cherrypop wrote: »
    In the second generation, how do you leave someone at the alter?

    @cherrypop I had asked this question a while ago and then again posted this a about a week ago.... below that is what I got in response..
    Fizzstix wrote: »
    I haven't been playing this save file for a while now. Still not sure how to approach the leaving at the alter. Has anyone gotten to that point? What did you do? What worked? What didn't?

    Someone mentioned there is a broken heart to click if you elope immediately? Is there something that can be done if you plan a wedding?
    3KNPen wrote: »
    Yes you can do it if you plan a wedding. Have the engaged pair start the wedding, then once it's in progress select the sim you want to do the leaving and then click the wedding arch. The option to "Leave at the Alter" should come up if it doesn't check under the "Mean" Interactions.

    Thank you! ^^

    yep! you just click on the other sim once you've started the wedding and it'll be an option! quite a fun little interaction if you ask me!
    43a9e79e48f14f5ed6488469d6d1976f.gif
    co-creator of the Not So Berry legacy challenge // I'm a lover // twitter // twitch
  • cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 234 Member
    This is the first legacy challenge I've managed to stick with. Loving it.
    I have a question about the 3rd generation, yellow, who is meant to have a friendship with 1st generation grandparent who ,unfortunately, is about to die of old age.
    Do I let her use a potion of youth? So far I have stuck to all the challenge rules and would like to continue.
    Also thank you for the tips on the 'leave at altar'. Very helpful.
  • SayoTheSimmerSayoTheSimmer Posts: 7 New Member
    I am currently addicted to this challenge.♥ Pepper is pregnant with her second child and has already given birth to her first daughter Blossom Berry. Her and her husband steven are super happy! xD And yeah... Pepper is level 4 of the scientist career, her mischief skill is level 7 nearly 8 and her logic skill is level 6. She is a young adult and has 6 more days until she ages up.
    I just really love this challenge. It's the first one i acctually love to play.♥ *w*
  • AbigalFlynnTheSimAbigalFlynnTheSim Posts: 16 Member
    I love this challenge! I'm already on Gen 4!
    I wish I could go slower but in having so much fun, it's almost addictive!
  • alwaysimminggalwaysimmingg Posts: 82 Member
    This is the first legacy challenge I've managed to stick with. Loving it.
    I have a question about the 3rd generation, yellow, who is meant to have a friendship with 1st generation grandparent who ,unfortunately, is about to die of old age.
    Do I let her use a potion of youth? So far I have stuck to all the challenge rules and would like to continue.
    Also thank you for the tips on the 'leave at altar'. Very helpful.

    i dont see why not! <3
    43a9e79e48f14f5ed6488469d6d1976f.gif
    co-creator of the Not So Berry legacy challenge // I'm a lover // twitter // twitch
  • alwaysimminggalwaysimmingg Posts: 82 Member
    I am currently addicted to this challenge.♥ Pepper is pregnant with her second child and has already given birth to her first daughter Blossom Berry. Her and her husband steven are super happy! xD And yeah... Pepper is level 4 of the scientist career, her mischief skill is level 7 nearly 8 and her logic skill is level 6. She is a young adult and has 6 more days until she ages up.
    I just really love this challenge. It's the first one i acctually love to play.♥ *w*

    nice!
    43a9e79e48f14f5ed6488469d6d1976f.gif
    co-creator of the Not So Berry legacy challenge // I'm a lover // twitter // twitch
  • SnowfootTheSimmerSnowfootTheSimmer Posts: 1 New Member
    I plan on doing this challenge soon, it looks super fun~will be posting my founder soon
  • priscapuppriscapup Posts: 1,670 Member
    I don't usually play any challenges, but this one intrigued me. I've started, and am really enjoying this. My founder is Absinthe Wormwood. She chose not to marry, instead she flirted up Salim, and ended up with twins! One boy, one girl, who have just aged up into teens. I did use a nanny in the toddler stage, it was a terror! I think I'm going to put my play on hold until this next game pack releases... teens with the new pack! How much fun?

    So, been too long since I posted anything, I'll try to put up a picture of Absinthe if I can. And one question: Rules for Gen 2 says only one child. What if you have twins? :/

  • faerydreams13faerydreams13 Posts: 94 Member
    My gen two just had her daughter and she's a toddler, but I think I'm going to wait for the new game pack too to play some more!
    Currently Playing:
    The Chudwell Legacy: The Third Generation, featuring Cassie Chudwell.
    The Prism Legacy: A Not So Berry Challenge, featuring Patina Prism
  • BlindxSecretsBlindxSecrets Posts: 652 Member
    edited May 2017
    That's what I've been doing, lol. I started this challenge not too long before the announcement for the pack came out, and I've been biding my time and trying not to do too much for the challenge until I can get my hands on the game pack. :D It looks to be adding far too much new content, especially for kids and teens, that I don't want my challenge Sims to miss out on the new opportunities that will stem from it.

    @priscapup I took the information for Gen Two to mean that the second generation adult can only have one child, though I do wonder what the rules are in regarding twins since it's pretty random and out of your control when it does happen.
    The Noble Legacy (A Prettacy)
    Origin ID: BlindxSecrets
  • faerydreams13faerydreams13 Posts: 94 Member
    @priscapup I do remember seeing somewhere where if you use cheats that's totally acceptable to cheat for just one. But I assume if you have twins, just go with it. :) ive never played with an single parent until second gen...so even if I would have had twins it would have been a new experience for me, which is the whole purpose, to do things you haven't done. :)
    Currently Playing:
    The Chudwell Legacy: The Third Generation, featuring Cassie Chudwell.
    The Prism Legacy: A Not So Berry Challenge, featuring Patina Prism
  • priscapuppriscapup Posts: 1,670 Member
    @faerydreams13 yes, the twins were a complete surprise! Only used the Nanny through the toddler stage. I'm thinking if my second Generation has twins, I can use the birthday cake and age one up to adult, and move that one out. Just randomly choose one to keep in the house. Now I'm using CAS to add some pimples and outfits... love this new pack. And adding the board for curfew!
  • cey5cey5 Posts: 79 Member
    Here's my founder, Olive Emerald. I don't normally do legacies so let's hope I stick with this one!
    M3weWZQ.png
  • princess2109princess2109 Posts: 1,038 Member
    cey5 wrote: »
    Here's my founder, Olive Emerald. I don't normally do legacies so let's hope I stick with this one!
    M3weWZQ.png

    oh they're so cute!!!!
    n20i39.jpg
    What goes on behind a towny's door? find out in Around Towns
  • DivaEvie07DivaEvie07 Posts: 1,332 Member
    Hi! I have been doing this challenge for a while, just never got the time to post, but I am on gen 2, and I have a teen, and he looks like this.

    EI20dNX.png


    And this is what his mom looks like!

    T6G9ANE.png


    The teens name is, Xavior, and his mom's name is, Rose Flower!
    Evie
    I play Sims 4 and other games.
  • LilyBear94LilyBear94 Posts: 108 Member
    edited July 2017
    Progress:
    -Scientist career level 4
    -Mastered mischief skill
    -Level 3 and a half logic skill
    -Missing 5 elements
    -Got a boyfriend and child

    I'll try to remember to post when I get Blake and Mint married!
    Post edited by LilyBear94 on
  • LilyBear94LilyBear94 Posts: 108 Member
    Oops, that didn't work. Darn. I'll post pictures when I'm a member then xD
  • LilyBear94LilyBear94 Posts: 108 Member
    @alwaysimmingg thanks for making this challenge, by the way! I think it might be the only legacy challenge I actually stick with!
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top