Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pregnancies unpausing themselves (NRAAS Master Controller)

So long story short, I had about a dozen pregnant Sims in my town when I needed to end them all in order to retweak settings on another mod that dealt with pregnancies.

After that, I wanted to go back and get them all pregnant again. But I did not want to do it all at once, but to stagger them, so they wouldn't all be giving birth on the day 'nine months' later.
I suppose I should have just done it manually, every so often. Instead, I re-impregnated all of them... and then used MC to pause most of them. Planning to every so often un-pause one or two or them here and there until I got them all active again.

I have noticed though, that even when I do pause their pregnancies, if I check back another time, they are un-paused again.
Am I doing something wrong? Or is the pausing supposed to be temporary? I am doing it when my game itself is paused but I have never had trouble with changing settings in any of my mods while the game was paused before.

@igazor, @anyone?

I guess if I have to, I will just have to end all the rest of the ones I wanted to have been paused, and then just remember to start them again periodically... it's just so much easier to just go in and pause/un-pause instead of trying to remember who all the daddies are hahah.

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    If you MC Reset a sim, household, or world that contains a sim whose pregnancy is paused, then the "paused" status gets reset and the pregnancy will start advancing again. I've been taken by surprise by that one a couple of times.

You might want to consider CmarNYC's Pregnancy Controller mod. It offers far more options over pregnant sims than MC does, including being able to move where the sim is within the pregnancy back and forth if needed to account for staggering and accidental loss of stalling. As near as we can tell, it is compatible with everything NRaas; I've been using it for a while and have had no problems. But sims' pregnancies will still start advancing after a reset regardless.
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=485285
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    You should take the time to repause a pregnancy if the households had to be MC reset because I've switched families with pregnancies paused and they didn't unpause without me unpasing it manually.I would also set castes for each household and rotate between families to get them pregnant at slightly different times so they weren't all giving birth at the same time.I might have one get pregnant in a larger population and have another one try for a baby a few days later and get pregnant.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    Hm. I don't think I used Reset at all. Oh wait, I did it once on my one dead/ghost Sim because he wasn't appearing as a ghost in the MC demographics list.

Didn't realize it would affect the whole town, though. And I think I did that before I went and ended all the pregnancies/edited Retuner. So I'm not sure if it's related.

But I will check out that other mod; you say it's compatible with NRAAs, is that even if I changed pregnancy length settings in Retuner away from the default?
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I've never heard of stalled pregnancies resuming themselves without a sim or world MC Reset. Strange.

Yes, it doesn't matter if you have used Retuner to adjust pregnancy lengths. Cmar's mod uses the same sets of resources and adjusts itself to any defined pregnancy lengths. So let's say you have a 10 day pregnancy already set. You could use her mod to move one sim's pregnancy to day 2, another to day 4, another to day 7, etc. (by way of percentages of the full term whatever it is). She's an excellent mod developer and is actually a moderator at MTS.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    Sweet, thanks. I will definitely check that mod out. I am thinking it could be especially useful for horse pregnancies... since Retuner doesn't distinguish between the types of pets (nor any other mod I know of), and so if I set a number for dogs and cats, it's way too short for horses, realistically speaking haha. But with this, I can just pause them for a while... and wait it out before they finish the pregnancy out.

And yes, haha... I have no idea what happened. I had been looking at my Retuner settings, because I thought it was weird that none of my pregnant Sims were having their babies (I felt like more than enough time had passed), and then realized my numbers were crazy high because I multiplied wrong or something :lol:
    So then I ended all the pregnancies with MC, then fix my Retuner settings. Then started all their pregnancies again one by one. And I paused the majority of them so that they would be staggered as I slowly un-paused the rest of them.
    But when I'd go back to check on them, and un-pause a couple more, I noticed they were all running already again.

In any case... now I know what I can do to help myself out haha.