The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weird vampire attack

On her second night in San Myshuno, my sleeping sim was attacked by a vampire. The front door was locked (which shouldn't bar the vampire) and my sim awoke dazed with the vampire in the apartment hallway. The female vampire then proceeded to play with her cellphone, sing (sounded like "Oh Susanna") and cackle to herself and never came in the apartment (which didn't have any garlic around either). I tried to get my sim to use the Sim Ray on the vampire (which would have been tons of fun), but the only action which she seemed to do was to fulfill the whim to sleep. The vampire ended up going away at around 5 a.m. and my sim napped till morning at which I couldn't get her up for work. I exited the game without saving. This the first sim I've had that was attacked and I'm wondering what the heck happened.

Oh, I'm playing without CC or mods.
PDWxp40.jpg

Comments

• Options
    TurloughdudeTurloughdude Posts: 662 Member
    edited February 2017
    lsnishi wrote: »
    On her second night in San Myshuno, my sleeping sim was attacked by a vampire. The front door was locked (which shouldn't bar the vampire) and my sim awoke dazed with the vampire in the apartment hallway. The female vampire then proceeded to play with her cellphone, sing (sounded like "Oh Susanna") and cackle to herself and never came in the apartment (which didn't have any garlic around either). I tried to get my sim to use the Sim Ray on the vampire (which would have been tons of fun), but the only action which she seemed to do was to fulfill the whim to sleep. The vampire ended up going away at around 5 a.m. and my sim napped till morning at which I couldn't get her up for work. I exited the game without saving. This the first sim I've had that was attacked and I'm wondering what the heck happened.

Oh, I'm playing without CC or mods.

If you don't want any vampires around your place, install garlic braids and garlands around your apartment, and garlic wreaths on the outside. It works for me.
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    I'll do that. But I was wondering why the vampire seemed more interested in her cellphone than attacking my sim. Are all vampires this distracted?
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Maybe she's absent minded. I've had a few attacks where they never went through with it.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    It happened again. Last night Vlad himself crept down the apartment hall, mesmerized my sim and then never came in the apartment to drink. I'm beginning to think the locked front door is keeping the vampires at bay. Either that or I have completely inept vampires in my game.
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    Selena_SouleSelena_Soule Posts: 438 Member
    It happened again. Last night Vlad himself crept down the apartment hall, mesmerized my sim and then never came in the apartment to drink. I'm beginning to think the locked front door is keeping the vampires at bay. Either that or I have completely inept vampires in my game.

that is obviously the issue... the locked door prevents them from coming in... not all vampires have the ability to unlock doors so when one attacks and it cant get in it glitches out and doesnt know what to do.
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    edited February 2017
    I thought all vampires can just come in, especially if it is the night time attack! Funny thing that happened last night was that I added the 3 noble and rebellious vampires to Forgotten Hollow and my sim was turned my Caleb when he came over as the only welcome wagon! I am using my autonomous turning mod and it worked flawlessly :) So the night my sim was turning he slept and suddenly the noble female vampire with the yellow dress came by and wanted to sneak in, she mesmerized my sim and they walked outside.

As she was approaching him for the bite he suddenly turned and she stopped in her way and giggled XD LMAO! Problem is, my sim stayed mesmerized and dazed, and the stupid sound that comes with it kept going. So I left to the night club and as I returned home the dazed sound started fading away. This was a very weird encounter :D She almost drunk from him before he turned.
  • Options
    flippinmaryflippinmary Posts: 180 Member
    I thought vampires had to be invited in unless they have the Eternally Welcome power
  • Options
    I think all these vampires do not have the Eternally Welcome power. I had my third attack in five days and this time the vampire waited till 5:30 am/6 am, didn't come in and hung around the hallway for awhile, then left. My sim then had to go outside to witness the vampire's death from sunlight on the sidewalk outside. For me, the vampires are more an irritation than anything scary.
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    I think all these vampires do not have the Eternally Welcome power. I had my third attack in five days and this time the vampire waited till 5:30 am/6 am, didn't come in and hung around the hallway for awhile, then left. My sim then had to go outside to witness the vampire's death from sunlight on the sidewalk outside. For me, the vampires are more an irritation than anything scary.
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,438 Member
    No amount of garlic stopped Vlad from entering into my sim's home and drinking from my sim. I've check, and he does not have the immune to garlic strength.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I've seen Lilith vatore enter 2 different households and drank one of the sim's blood then leave. Another time some wannabe vampire was outside of my sim's house but i had my sim freeze her. I play rotation so I'm still noticing new things with vampire behavior. So far so good. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    OK, my sim has had five attacks in eight sim days. LaBst night it was Lilith Vatore and I did get to freeze her too, @BlkBarbiegal. So far none of the vampires have been able drink from my sim. I may have to put the garlic up to stop the attacks.

Here's Lilith outside my sim's apartment door.

02-09-17_5-41-53PM.png

PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    OK, my sim has had five attacks in eight sim days. LaBst night it was Lilith Vatore and I did get to freeze her too, @BlkBarbiegal. So far none of the vampires have been able drink from my sim. I may have to put the garlic up to stop the attacks.

Here's Lilith outside my sim's apartment door.

02-09-17_5-41-53PM.png

PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    Sorry for the double post...
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

The apartment door is the problem. My welcome wagon Sims can't enter the apartments either. They hang in the hall til time is over. It's a bug with the door.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    No amount of garlic stopped Vlad from entering into my sim's home and drinking from my sim. I've check, and he does not have the immune to garlic strength.

Yeah, he will tell you garlic won't work on him. lol It's funny.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »

The apartment door is the problem. My welcome wagon Sims can't enter the apartments either. They hang in the hall til time is over. It's a bug with the door.

That is something that I can say for sure, whenever I started new sims in apartments the welcome wagon was just standing in the floor not coming to the door... Sometimes another sim would come up and then the guy or girl with the fruit cake would start eating it, totally forgetting about the welcome wagon lol... I hope this will be fixed soon, it's really annoying
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! Now I know as long as I keep the door locked, they can't enter unless I invite them in. I have to say, I'm taking names of the vamps that come to visit, and am going to sim ray them if I ever see them outside at night. (Lilith was gone from the hallway when my sim came home from work). I'm curious if they will burn to death when the daylight comes.
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    EmmaNijiEmmaNiji Posts: 102 Member
    That's so funny!!! None of my sims have been attacked yet... Do they have to be in an apartment to be attacked or something?
  • Options
    EmmaNiji wrote: »
    That's so funny!!! None of my sims have been attacked yet... Do they have to be in an apartment to be attacked or something?

No it should happen with any sim who you play after the GP was installed. If you create a new sim it's probably more likely to happen at least once, while some people have it happen to them many times afterwards. I always saw the night attack when I started a new game with a new sim. However it should also happen randomly if your sim reads about vampires or meets one etc. This is something that is not only happening in apartments.
  • Options
    Tanja1986 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »

That is something that I can say for sure, whenever I started new sims in apartments the welcome wagon was just standing in the floor not coming to the door... Sometimes another sim would come up and then the guy or girl with the fruit cake would start eating it, totally forgetting about the welcome wagon lol... I hope this will be fixed soon, it's really annoying

Yeah, first time they didn't even knock and I didn't get the notice, either. They just stood out there with a fruit cake, the third one wasn't with them, either. Then two nights later, they came back (all of them +Vlad was with them..what?) and they knocked on door. I had no choice but to let Vlad in too that time. hahaha
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member

No it should happen with any sim who you play after the GP was installed. If you create a new sim it's probably more likely to happen at least once, while some people have it happen to them many times afterwards. I always saw the night attack when I started a new game with a new sim. However it should also happen randomly if your sim reads about vampires or meets one etc. This is something that is not only happening in apartments.

I've had the vampires pack since day 1 and noone's been attacked! And plenty of my sims have studied vampire lore.

• Options
    funny I just had Caleb sneak by and break into my new sim's home. I never have seen himself doing that, usually it was Vlad. I was surprised to see him get in and drink from my sim! :open_mouth:
  • Options
    AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    I mostly get randomly generated vampires walking into my Sims' houses. I need to get around to locking the doors lol.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »

I've had the vampires pack since day 1 and noone's been attacked! And plenty of my sims have studied vampire lore.

Same here :'(