Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need night shift for Vamps.

Need night shifts for Vamps and have them teleport home when they get off like in the house so the do not burn to death just trying to get into house after work. Need to be able to plant Gardens in basements so we can grow our Plasma trees. A special job just for Vamps would work too. Could pay them with Plasma fruit and sim money as a perk for a good job. Like bring home the bacon but instead it Plasma fruit.

Comments

• Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited February 2017
    Only one of my vamps works and he's a criminal (who fortunately work at night), but yeah night shifts would still be cool, I agree :) I mean, if vamps didn't have to pay their rent/bills they wouldn't really need any money at all, so I'd also be okay with FH being so forgotten, bills never arrive there :D
  • Options
    DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 300 Member
    Would loved a cycle icon in the interface so it's easier to keep track on time a day it is, since if you have a big screen like i do sit a bit far away from it. It become really hard to see the clock in it's almost miniature format since Sims 4 doesn't seem to have UI scaling support.

Second thing i feel is really bad currently is you can't see travel time going to a location on a invitation, if it's a date a social event in San Myono or something different. Had times where i was invited at night thought it was safe enough to go for a while as long as i got in door shortly after, but by time i arrive it was burning hot day.

Game doesn't really support turning npcs well either, because NPC inability to buy things themselves so if you turn NPC's not living in household into vampires you have to go redecorate their house individually or they will have a need hell each time you meet them. Not sure how this can actually be made in a less troublesome way if there need to be some cemetary for NPC to go sleep in coffins? Since while you can decorate a coffin in their homes, it means a lot of work plus you have to merge families to provide coffins for homeless sim vampires too.

Other than that i find new expansion to be quite nice, as for the plasma tree i never really got that part. It doesn't make sense to me mechanic wise to have a thing you strongly depend on only be possible to tend during night time without a gartner. Thought would made more sense with a plasma plant that require you grew and tended it in a dark area like a basement example. But you can always get a gartner to do some initial work try tend it during night and hibernate during day. But that does present a challenge with having a job on side. Less you paint or do some other things that is tied to indoor activities. Another options but this almost slightly costly in long run, would be to go to nearest bar and order plasma Janes for blood. but it cost i think 10simeleons for each at a npc bar, cost think 8 if you make it at your own bar.
  • Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    Just paint and write you can make tons of money with it. As far as growing plasma trees just take care of them at night. They will still grow and bear fruit. Also as long as you don't have "thin skin" as your weakness you can go out in the daylight for a pretty long period of time with a full bar. I've had my vampire go out in the daylight to feed, to water the plant, and to self-publish still had plenty to spare.
  • Options
    Just paint and write you can make tons of money with it. As far as growing plasma trees just take care of them at night. They will still grow and bear fruit. Also as long as you don't have "thin skin" as your weakness you can go out in the daylight for a pretty long period of time with a full bar. I've had my vampire go out in the daylight to feed, to water the plant, and to self-publish still had plenty to spare.

But unless you buy the sun resistance it wont be very effecient since your sim would still have uncomfortable complain and interrupt their work several times during the gardening. Buy yah writing books, painting and programming or hacking usually beat suited ways i seen for earning money, at least until you buy sun resistance given you don't pick thin skin, once you have 3in sunlight resistance you can go out as much as you like in sunlight. But might be worth a note that if you're a biting vampire however your abilities in sun light are super weak when it comes to feeding of sims forcefully during day time outdoor sunlight resistance or not. You will have to bite them indoor or during night time, if you don't have high enough relationships with the sims that they allow you to bite voluntarily that is.
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    You can plant the trees in a basement! You just need to raise your walls. My daughter made a beautiful basement garden with her plasma fruit trees. You can't use the short (or default) wall size though. She used the large planter box and put the seeds in the middle and they grow just fine. You can also use the higher walls and build a greenhouse for your vampires to garden without burning up. If you have CL then there is a clear floor dance floor that makes a nice clear roof for the green house.

Having a writer/painter who hunts at night and goes collecting makes my sim a pretty nice living. :)
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    You can plant the trees in a basement! You just need to raise your walls. My daughter made a beautiful basement garden with her plasma fruit trees. You can't use the short (or default) wall size though. She used the large planter box and put the seeds in the middle and they grow just fine. You can also use the higher walls and build a greenhouse for your vampires to garden without burning up. If you have CL then there is a clear floor dance floor that makes a nice clear roof for the green house.

Having a writer/painter who hunts at night and goes collecting makes my sim a pretty nice living. :)

Interesting had not really thought about raising basement roof level because it was my first intuation to making a basement for the trees. So thanks for that advice will keep that in mind for future vampires. Would certainly give more plot space up ground too not having to fill it with a huge garden so again thanks for the tip.
  • Options
    I'll let my daughter know you liked her idea! Good luck with your sims!

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    ibaeshaCibaeshaC Posts: 679 Member
    edited February 2017
    Would loved a cycle icon in the interface so it's easier to keep track on time a day it is, since if you have a big screen like i do sit a bit far away from it. It become really hard to see the clock in it's almost miniature format since Sims 4 doesn't seem to have UI scaling support.

Second thing i feel is really bad currently is you can't see travel time going to a location on a invitation, if it's a date a social event in San Myono or something different. Had times where i was invited at night thought it was safe enough to go for a while as long as i got in door shortly after, but by time i arrive it was burning hot day.

I definitely agree about the cycle icon. Some type of very visible indicator about whether it's safe to be outside or not. For a short period of time, I had thin skin, and my sim would be out fishing/gardening safely one moment, frying the next.

Some jobs are obviously more conducive to a creature of the night, and already have night time hours. However, that kind of pigeon-holes vamps into certain careers/money-making activities, reducing gameplay freedom. OR it kind of forces you to choose sunlight resistance if you have a daytime job. I'm not sure how hard it would be to add night shifts to careers, as much as it would be GREAT, however. Additional, a special night school for vampire teenagers! They obviously wouldn't have sunlight resistance yet!
    Gallery: ibaeshaC
  • Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member

But unless you buy the sun resistance it wont be very effecient since your sim would still have uncomfortable complain and interrupt their work several times during the gardening. Buy yah writing books, painting and programming or hacking usually beat suited ways i seen for earning money, at least until you buy sun resistance given you don't pick thin skin, once you have 3in sunlight resistance you can go out as much as you like in sunlight. But might be worth a note that if you're a biting vampire however your abilities in sun light are super weak when it comes to feeding of sims forcefully during day time outdoor sunlight resistance or not. You will have to bite them indoor or during night time, if you don't have high enough relationships with the sims that they allow you to bite voluntarily that is.

So far the complaining seems to be pretty minimal for me as long as they aren't low. I always start with a full bar tho. Yes you will fail more often with feeding, but if you keep trying you will succeed eventually. It usually takes me 3 to 4 tries. I just use different sims.
  • Options
    RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    So far cannot figure out how to make wall taller..
  • Options
    Rudiarose wrote: »
    So far cannot figure out how to make wall taller..

Sorry it took so long to reply! I was in game and check here after I got out but went back in to grab a screen for you. If you click the room select then you will see 3 wall sizes above the move button:

16403198_1446904472010941_7272975002612769017_o.jpg?oh=df05fe9dcd4a5138b9617ed9b36c19d3&oe=5913066E

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    ibaeshaC wrote: »

I definitely agree about the cycle icon. Some type of very visible indicator about whether it's safe to be outside or not. For a short period of time, I had thin skin, and my sim would be out fishing/gardening safely one moment, frying the next.

Some jobs are obviously more conducive to a creature of the night, and already have night time hours. However, that kind of pigeon-holes vamps into certain careers/money-making activities, reducing gameplay freedom. OR it kind of forces you to choose sunlight resistance if you have a daytime job. I'm not sure how hard it would be to add night shifts to careers, as much as it would be GREAT, however. Additional, a special night school for vampire teenagers! They obviously wouldn't have sunlight resistance yet!

Alternatively however a bit more then boring options here, you could simply earn enough money before becoming a vampire so you don't need to work less you want too. But it kinda give an excess of time on your hands to fill out doing something else instead i guess too, but would free up a lot of time for gardening at night however.
  • Options
    simduck88simduck88 Posts: 89 Member
    Rudiarose wrote: »
    Need to be able to plant Gardens in basements so we can grow our Plasma trees. A special job just for Vamps would work too. Could pay them with Plasma fruit and sim money as a perk for a good job. Like bring home the bacon but instead it Plasma fruit.

I was able to use a planter to plant a plasma tree in the basement.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Don't forget a vamp school. We need a vamp school. That is a school for vamps, at night :)
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited February 2017
    Yes, I would love for some night jobs and night schools in the future, too. :smile:

ETA: Apparently, my teen vamp doesn't care about the time of day; he keeps inviting his human boyfriend/soulmate to a date at the restaurant in the sunlight times, lol. What a rebel. :tongue:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)