Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ghost not.... ghostly?

Okay, in the time since I have been playing my game, a few months at least, there have been deaths. Three pets and one Sim.

I didn't remember getting the notices for them, but when looking through the Dead in MasterController, I saw them in there.

I did the manage the dead thing, though, as well, and had the stones for the three pets show up. And I put them in the cemetery.
Did bury the dead, had the stone for the Sim show up and put him in the cemetery as well.

The weirdest thing about it, when looking at the list of all the dead/ghost Sims, the majority of which started in the game that way, these four (three pets + one Sim) did not have the ghostly glow around them.

I waited a day or two, and checked the list again. The pets now have the glow, either red or blue. But the Sim still looks like his normal self.
I waited longer... he still does. I checked out his status, and he is listed as an "out of towner." Which I guess is true, since he's dead! But I'm just wondering why he's not appearing as a ghost?

I can provide a screenshot as well.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this. Or maybe I just need to wait for the first time he 'haunts'? I am guessing that is what happened with the pets, with them appearing normal first then glowy. Maybe for Sims it is slower?

Comments

• Options
    The_Black_FamilyThe_Black_Family Posts: 32 Member
    Have you tried resetting the sim via resetSim? Should set his status to ghost.
  • Options
    OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    Hmm, hadn't thought of that. Will try that out.
  • Options
    OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    Actually, that didn't seem to work. He's still showing up in the demographics/dead sims as himself without the glow like everyone else.

Oh well. It's not a huge deal I guess, I was just wondering what was going on, lol.