Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Everyone is a goofball who loves outdoors?

I am going through fixing all my townies, and everyone has those two traits, with a random third one, and soooo many have the fishing aspiration. Wut.

Anyone else having this?

I'm just gonna go through a major cull, I think.

Comments

• Options
    nateslicenateslice Posts: 1,440 Member
    I've seen other people post similar things. I suspect it's caused by the fact that computer randomizers aren't truly random; they're based on counting CPU cycles or something like that. So, sometimes they can get stuck in a particular pattern for a while.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Seems all the random townies I get are evil...then of course they visit my store and make my good sim sad lol

For aspirations, Mixologist seems to be the most popular one among them
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    At the moment all the townies have the mean trait or evil! I've never had this before in my game so something seems ot have gone a bit funky with the randomizer. Also I have so many fishermen NPC's that it is just plain crazy! :confused: I was giving all the townies make-overs so it was easy enough to change the traits... but weird, just weird.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Mine are all slob and mean... you are lucky.
  • Options
    Feel yr pain @SiliClone I dislike the slob trait. That gross farting animation... yuk and ewww. And the fact they don't wash their hands after using the bathroom. I know it's just pixels... but ewwww. *shudder*

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Good fact is that slob and mean can be changed... loves outdoor leaves the tense buff if you change it.
  • Options
    I use the Loves Outdoor Traits on nearly all my sims. I love the positive buff it gives.

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    If it's just townies, maybe they pick those two traits so they will like being out and about in the hoods and friendly to our sims when we meet.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    After seeing so may sims with the same negative traits, I now use the cheat that allows me to take them in and change up those traits. The ones that nearly every one that is generated by my game, have the mean trait.
  • Options
    belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    The mean trait is very common in my game too. I find it frustrating, because there may be townies that I would like my Sims to hook up with, but if they're mean that's not going to happen. I never use the mean trait on my own creations. (I might do it the once, if I decide to make one Sim with a criminal aspiration.)
  • Options
    NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    I've never noticed the "loves outdoors" and "goofball" correlation in my game, but it's possible. I go through my townie bin often and edit every new one who appears. I use a truly random "random generator" for a lot of townies. With others, I choose traits for a specific reason. For example, if I want to "pretend" that a sim is a high-profile attorney, I might use traits such as ambitious, materialistic, and snob. I also re-dress them to make them fit the role I want them to play.

It's all part of a major "townie project" I'm working on, and it's been interesting. It's added a lot to my game. (If you want to know more about what I'm doing, check out my blog and look for posts on the Townie Project.)
  • Options
    DeeTsimsDeeTsims Posts: 176 Member
    I wish that I had goofball and outdoors, instead mine are all evil and mean. Which I dislike tremendously and I haven't been able to edit them to the more positive traits that I prefer to use. I think om going to start deleting many of the mean NPCs.
  • Options
    ModifienModifien Posts: 363 Member
    Yeah, I do remember in one of my old worlds, everyone seemed to be mean and/or evil. It's good to know it's not just my game. :P

I ended up doing a cull and deleting everyone. I got tired of seeing the same faces, anyway. Still a lot of goofballs in the new generating townies, and now a lot of people want to be Fabulously Wealthy. Ah well. When I'm giving them make-overs, might as well roll up new traits for them, too.
  • Options
    AntoninaAntonina Posts: 77 Member
    All of my townies hate children. I'm doing the 100 baby challenge. Cue an awkward conversation when my Sim finally manages to try for a baby with these kiddy-hating devils and then shares the big news with them. At least there's less heartbreak when one of my matriarch's past lovers catches her trying to get with someone else.
    chloe_zpsmil76epk.gif
    "I knew nothing but shadows and I thought them to be real." - Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    I just have a ton of mean sims in my town. LOL
    Before that, it was a lot of Neat sims.
    The recent children that aged up this time around had Glutton or Mean with the Social Butterfly aspiration. I guess my new generation is going to be filled with gluttons with the way this is going... Not that I'm complaining, I like seeing gluttons eat. They look like they're having a great time. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I went from having evil, children-hating, slobs to outdoor-loving goofballs.
    I'm curious as to what the next batch of 'random' traits will be...