Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please Stop Automatic Gatherings

I have two families in tow different houses who make up an invite only club, for my storyline. Even if two family members who live in the same house talk to each other it starts a gathering, it is driving me insane! Has anyone figured out how to stop it? I have searched everywhere, or is it a bug?
2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1

Comments

• Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    It's weird as soon as a few club members talk somehow someone is calling a club gathering and all the members show up . I had an intimate dinner party with a couple of friends and one was a club member who my sim was attracted to. Next thing I know all the members are gathering in my house. Go home this food is not for you!
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    it is odd when a few members are meeting outside an official club gathering one of the members wants to make it an official gathering and calls everyone.

Don't make roommates club members, noted.
    I have the 3 sims living in different places now and it's a lot better if they don't live together.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I'd like to be able to turn off the auto-gathering for specific clubs, ideally. Alternatively, for all clubs an active household is in and during parties.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    lol @Frn0731 I can just imagine what your sim had in mind and then BLAM, romantic interlude interrupted!! Yes, a candlelit dinner would be nice without the crowd but reading it did make me giggle, I'm sorry.

Thanks for all who responded, I didn't know whether this was happening to everyone, or whether I was just missing something, has anyone tried a repair game? just out of curiosity, I haven't yet, but I might if I knew it worked?
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    Simfreak982Simfreak982 Posts: 121 Member
    edited January 2016
    It's so annoying! My sim runs a retail shop, she and her husband are part of a club. There's also a club member who is regular customer to the shop and once the three of them are on the lot, they start gathering.

Like, dudes, I'm trying to work! I don't have time to handshake with you. I'm losing customers because of this so I hope they fix it soon.
  • Options
    Simfreak982Simfreak982 Posts: 121 Member
    @Dglbr1969 I repaired game before the patch, same problem. Repaired game after the patch (for a different issue) and it's still happening. I'm on a Mac though so that's another special situation.
  • Options
    klovesjenklovesjen Posts: 361 Member
    Wow that sounds annoying. I haven't played with the clubs feature enough yet to have experienced this. I hope they fix it!
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Would this mod be something for it?
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=570273
    If so you can use this for now until a patch addresses the issue....if it ever happens. (Unlike the useless Get To Work employees).
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    Oh dear, @Simfreak982 yeah, I share your pain! I'm playing my other challenge for a while, it's too annoying and I don't want to disband the group cause it's part of my story in that legacy. Thanks @aws200, I'll head over there now and have a look, I don't really like using mods though :cry:
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Hopefully they patch a fix by the time you wanna play with clubs @klovesjen , otherwise just be aware of sims belonging to the same group from one household :confused:
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    FWIW, this isn't a bug; it's part of how the Club system works (an acknowledged feature). It makes sense for keeping vibrant clubs in the background but much less sense in situations like households etc.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    ndbethndbeth Posts: 61 Member
    The automatic gatherings of non-clubs is also really, really annoying. The neighbours want to greet my sims when they first move in? Cool, don't turn it into a gathering.
    i'd like it a lot, more than you'd think, if the sun would come out and sing with me.
    260wkkm.gif
    so curse everyone and everything, even the sun.
  • Options
    Oh dear,my post completely disappeared! I did actually post a thankyou @luthienrising . We haven't met, but I do know you are respected here and I appreciate you popping in to add your knowledge, I know you have some exp in coding etc, what I asked was do you think it is something they can refine? or no :( , don't get me wrong, I love gatherings etc, just don't want the auto ones when chatting in same household. I do see the value of them for the neighborhood and what goes on around you, otherwise they wouldn''t happen I guess :(
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I wish I did have experience coding, but mostly I have a good memory and am married to a QA guy. @Zerbu, @Neia, or @Deaderpool might be able to help. I know @Zerbu has been looking at Club-related code. (Also, thank you for the kind words!)
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    Dglbr1969 wrote: »
    I have two families in tow different houses who make up an invite only club, for my storyline. Even if two family members who live in the same house talk to each other it starts a gathering, it is driving me insane! Has anyone figured out how to stop it? I have searched everywhere, or is it a bug?

this maybe happening in my game ill try to test more tonight.
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    This bug is decimating my gameplay.

Sims who are at work are being dragged into group gatherings that the game auto-creates.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, I thought this post was buried lol it was hard to find the other day for me, but I appreciate everyone coming and commenting, now that I know it's not a bug I'm a little more worried that we are going to be stuck with it :( I hope something can be done. I know that @plopppo my second family in that legacy were getting dragged from work, although I didn't see any negative effects when I went back to play them (from missing work) I must take more note of that when I go back to play.

If you could post back @ceejay402 that would be awesome.

Well, @luthienrising I may not post a lot, but I do drop in often to catch up on what's happening around the traps, and I know you help a lot of people, alongside your friends, so no need to thank for the kind words :smiley: you are very welcome
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    @Dglbr1969 i thought it was happening in my game but i cant seem to have the issue occur on purpose. Are you still having problems?
  • Options
    Thanks @ceejay402 I haven't played that legacy again and haven't created any groups in the legacy I'm playing atm, just to clarify, so if you have a household with two people or more from that household part of a club, it doesn't create an auto gathering if they talk to each other? Strange, I might go into that legacy again later and try it again, but it does for me, even if the chat is auto, it will create a gathering.
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    For those that are happy with mods. There is this:

No Auto Club Gathering for Active Sims
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    For those that are happy with mods. There is this:

No Auto Club Gathering for Active Sims

Wow this is intended? :| Well thanks for sharing the mod fix
  • Options
    CACTUSROSE1CACTUSROSE1 Posts: 66 Member
    O my gosh is that what happened. i was having a family night and my spouses are in the same club next second i had sims walking around my house and the kid going into my kids room to play with their teddy bear while they were sleeping. i guess i shouldnt have household members in the same club..... that sucks