Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where are disagree and LOL buttons?

Comments

• Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    ejoslin wrote: »
    SimSwim2 wrote: »
    I think it was because certain people kept using the disagree button exclusively for one person and don't actually do anything else besides that. They literally just followed the person around and spammed it wherever they went, which was noticeable. Still, I wish they didn't take LOL away. That was useful.

Then that person, or small handful of people, should have been dealt with appropriately. Isn't that how things should work? Do we take something away from EVERYONE because one or two people insist on abusing it?

Dare I say it... don't improve, remove!

Before the "disagree" button, people used "lol" the same way. So I guess they figured they couldn't take away "disagree" without "lol."

I did see some threads get derailed by people wanting to discuss how many disagrees they got.

I had about 80 disagrees. I could care less how many disagrees I had. People probably disagreed with me because we shared different opinions. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. People shouldn't get their panties in a wad if someone disagrees with them.

I had a lot more disagrees than that :) I was sad that there was no disagree badge. They probably were afraid of people actually trying to obtain those.

Me too. I had hundreds, if not thousands. Didn't care.
  • Options
    FabooshFaboosh Posts: 160 Member
    edited October 2015
    I was disliked and was given the lol! It was awful my butt hurt for days! Lol! Not really,Can we have our buttons back now?
  • Options
    Mightydan wrote: »
    At least I'll always have this to remember my disagree achievement
    H2SOa3M.png

Haha that is an epic post, thank you :)
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Mightydan wrote: »
    At least I'll always have this to remember my disagree achievement
    H2SOa3M.png

Got your number, _____ insert LOL approval_____
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    blewis823 wrote: »
    I feel naked without my LOLs and disagrees now. D:

This!
    What am I gonna do now?! Waaaah!
    87929_movie-will-ferrell-anchorman-ron-burgundy-anchorman-2.gif

I went to Lol your gif.. Sigh :disappointed:
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,922 Member
    So I won't have any more disagrees on everything including the color of the sky I guess. I get why they did it. Now maybe people who disagree can say why. That should make for better discussion.

Maybe we should have had both a Disagree and an Agree button (instead of Lol) as I can see more heated arguments and more active trolling occuring.

At least it was a way of diffusing some Simmers feelings. I didn't worry about it much. I could see that someone was actually reading my post.
  • Options
    zagadoo! zag adooooooooo forevah!!!!!

unicorn_meat.jpg

See? THIS is why the LOL button should be enshrined. *sobs*
  • Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    Faboosh wrote: »
    I was disliked and was given the lol! It was awful my butt hurt for days! Lol! Not really,Can we have our buttons back now?

true. existing hurts. i would LOL your pain, but i have been silenced.
  • Options
    Wow... this is one fassssssssst thread. It should be loled!
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    @Simgurudrake has been monitoring the lols and disagrees and stated the MAJORITY was abusing them.

She said the majority abused them? Was that in a personal message to you because in her post it simply says she saw in increase. I did not see where she stated the majority of user here abuse the buttons. And it all comes down to perception, doesn't it? Who is to say someone didn't honestly find stuff funny? Some people have a really weird sense of humor.

On her wall she said it
  • Options
    @Simgurudrake has been monitoring the lols and disagrees and stated the MAJORITY was abusing them.

She said the majority abused them? Was that in a personal message to you because in her post it simply says she saw in increase. I did not see where she stated the majority of user here abuse the buttons. And it all comes down to perception, doesn't it? Who is to say someone didn't honestly find stuff funny? Some people have a really weird sense of humor.

Yes I honestly hand on heart don't know how you can decipher what is 'malicious' and what is otherwise.

At least when disagree was a thing there wasn't just daft 'I disagree, you are wrong' to and fro's. *sigh*
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    I think it was because certain people kept using the disagree button exclusively for one person and don't actually do anything else besides that. They literally just followed the person around and spammed it wherever they went, which was noticeable. Still, I wish they didn't take LOL away. That was useful.

Then that person, or small handful of people, should have been dealt with appropriately. Isn't that how things should work? Do we take something away from EVERYONE because one or two people insist on abusing it?

But it's much easier to do it that way, far less difficult. Think of all the work that would have to go into dealing with each individual who did that. LOL
  • Options
    OriginalNameOriginalName Posts: 347 Member

I know I only hit the LOL button when something actually made me laugh. Maybe when a few people complain that their post didn't get liked enough they will just remove all buttons.
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member

This. I was thinking the same. I seriously doubt 'the majority' was abusing anything. They just like to control what is being said on the forums. I guarantee this thread will be deleted soon. You can't let people with different feelings go on for too long, now!
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    MandysAMessMandysAMess Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited October 2015
    Piperbird1 wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »
    Bummer. I guess forums have to be unicorns and rainbows then. Bad enough having the game watered down, let alone forums. I guess it is back to spamming LOLs again especially for Colton's posts.

No, the forums don't have to be unicorns and rainbows, people just have to actually own their rude responses instead of being able to do it anonymously.

I don't understand. If someone disagrees with you, they are rude? You are allowed to have different opinions, that isn't being rude.

Of course not! But when I post a photo showing off my family in their costumes and get several 'disagrees'? That's just rude...how can you disagree with a picture? The buttons were clearly being abused and were not adding anything constructive to discussions. This is a forum where people should actually state their opinion if they want to participate.
    My Simblr: WaffleKone
  • Options
    FoxyLovesKittyFoxyLovesKitty Posts: 889 Member
    This is such a bummer, I really got used to the Disagree and LOL buttons. Now I miss them...
    At least the Awesome button is still here... My precious.
  • Options
    Why don't they just give up and add and "I don't like you" button. Then nobody will ever be confused about the disagree or the Lol. (Just kidding. I'm annoyed at this childishness)
    If they'd had a disagree button AS WELL as a Lol in the beginning, the Lol would not have been "abused"