The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Easier Done than Said?

We've all heard the phrase "easier said than done" but what things would be easier done than said? I've been pondering on this question a lot recently.
ypU37gD.gif
Pricefield forever.
Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared

Comments

• Options
    ShimmyShimmyYaShimmyShimmyYa Posts: 545 Member
    Giving someone driving directions. Meaning I can show you easier than I can tell you.
    thnom_nom.gif

• Options
    ShimmyShimmyYaShimmyShimmyYa Posts: 545 Member
    Asking to have Worcestershire sauce added to anything. It's easier to just get it yourself rather than try to pronounce it..lol.
    thnom_nom.gif

• Options
    Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    We've all heard the phrase "easier said than done" but what things would be easier done than said? I've been pondering on this question a lot recently.

I guess the best example to this question is a comparison between a Kinesthetic learner & a Theorectical one.

Theory learners register information best through discussion while kinesthetics need to see & feel to understand.

I'm a visual learner, I need images or to analyze something by sketching it to fully understand.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    I can eat 8 cheeseburgers - some people cannot - so that is deffo, for me, easily done than said.
  • Options
    Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    @plopppo you deserve a trophy :star:
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Options
    I forgot to mention that they are quarter pounder ones - so that is like 2+ pound of burgers (not including the bread and all the trimmings).

Yeh.

It's the way I roll.
  • Options
    I've eaten 4 already tonight - but I am saving the other 4 for the Super Moon.

Plus, I've eaten a ton of other stuff too.

I'm not even fat - well, not what you would expect from someone who annihilates food in seconds.
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Something that's easier done than said is teaching someone how to do something on the computer.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    HanskuHansku Posts: 1,735 Member
    For me, almost everything is easier to do than start explaining something. sweatdrop.gif
    AlA2dUe.gif
    finnish | ♀ | ♓ | intp
  • Options
    DrewRowlandDrewRowland Posts: 2,057 Member
    Esine wrote: »

I guess the best example to this question is a comparison between a Kinesthetic learner & a Theorectical one.

Theory learners register information best through discussion while kinesthetics need to see & feel to understand.

I'm a visual learner, I need images or to analyze something by sketching it to fully understand.

Haven't learning styles been more or less discredited though?
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,847 Member
    Asking to have Worcestershire sauce added to anything. It's easier to just get it yourself rather than try to pronounce it..lol.
    WORST-Steh-Sure sauce. Emphasis on the first syllabel. Sure, not Shire. My husband drives me crazy over this. LOL It's one of those words, a lot like vegetables, where you are actually compressing some of the letters used in the spelling. Don't ask me why, I didn't make up this language. :p I just use it. Comparable is another one. Most these days mispronounce it, too. It's Com-PRA-ble. Not Com-PARE-able.

Back on topic, sometimes it's easier to wash the dishes myself than to have someone else do it. At least then, I know they're clean. ;)

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    hope1275hope1275 Posts: 264 Member
    As an RN, there are a lot of things at work that are easier for me to do than to explain to someone else. Something that takes me maybe 5-10 minutes to do will take 20-30 to explain to someone else: what to do, what to look for, what to watch out for and what to do if something's wrong. Still, it has to be done - we've all been new at one time or another, and we all need to learn. :smile:

z8Bu8FZ.gif

• Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    Developing a game that everyone will like
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    Something that's easier done than said is teaching someone how to do something on the computer.

and failed so many times that I gave up in the end!

• Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member

this is why I call it wort sauce cos I cannot pronounce it correctly, everyone I speak to knows what I'm talking about anyways.

• Options
    rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,274 Member
    How about being completely silent?
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Easier done than said? Asking my husband to do something.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright