Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How does Bills work in Rational play?

islem101islem101 Posts: 59 Member
Does anyone know how bills work in rational play?
Like when you play a household for 3 sim days en then switch to another household,
how does the process go? :/

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    The bills only come to the household you're playing on billing day. (The same is true of income: households you aren't playing do not have any finance changes at all.) Useful if you have a rich house that can afford its bills and a poor one you're trying to nudge up ;)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    rodneyclintrodneyclint Posts: 496 Member
    Honestly, 90% of the time when I switch back to a household their bills are due. It hardly ever fails lol
  • Options
    islem101islem101 Posts: 59 Member

The bills only come to the household you're playing on billing day. (The same is true of income: households you aren't playing do not have any finance changes at all.) Useful if you have a rich house that can afford its bills and a poor one you're trying to nudge up ;)

That is kinda handy :) thanks for your answer.

• Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Bills are always on a Tuesday in my game. Whatever family you're playing pays them.

I haven't had a single bill in my new save though. I'm not sure if I should be concerned.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    I've seen some weird behavior when switching. I got a bill for $12K at a HH that usually has bills in the 1K range after switching back from briefly setting up relationships in a wealthy HH I wanted in my game. Also I've seen extremely high bills when receiving a bill on the Granite Falls lots too (~4K again for a household that usually costs around ~1K - this one seems to happen everytime, as I've gotten bills while visiting lots in Granite Falls multiple times and it's always led to large inflation of the bill).
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    It's broken. Some Sims get a bill as soon as they move in like five minutes later. Some never see another bill again.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ambrownambrown Posts: 804 Member
    i read somewhere in the forums that bills generate every 7 sim days, regardless of what family you are in.
    you can be playing the 'Amber household' and lets say in game it is monday, but by next in game monday (so 7 days later)
    you switch and play they 'Taylor household', the Taylor household will receive bills.

it's dumb i know, it should go based on each individual household, but it doesn't, at least not right now.
    you're ele-phantastic
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    edited July 2015
    @starcrunch that's probably because those Sims had many expensive items in their inventories - they count towards bills too (don't ask me why). I once played with an astronaut, he had these UFO fruits in his inventory when I switched to play with his girlfriend. I played with her for a long time, he came over to her place a lot and she went to his place quite often too. When I returned to him, he got like a 12 or 24K bill (don't remember exactly which), even though he lived in a tiny starter. I honestly didn't know why the bill go so high, until I realised his UFO fruits had a value of 132K! It's because the value of rare harvestables increases on every loading screen (and maybe also just travel, not sure about that though).

But back on topic, the bills usually come in every Monday for the household currently played. So if you play the same amount of time with each household, like I do, everyone get's to pay the same amount of bills - they do not necessarily pay the same amount of money though ;).
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    My bills are always like 10k. I don't get it. No one's bills are that much and it's too hard to try and make that much. And I haven't been paying attention to bill days but I feel like it''s about twice a week.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    @MDianaSanders: Knew about that and the bills always return to normal in the next cycle with no intervention.
  • Options
    Sam6284Sam6284 Posts: 115 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    It's broken. Some Sims get a bill as soon as they move in like five minutes later. Some never see another bill again.

And some get bills every day. Happened to me a little while back. I'd load the game and play for an hour or two and every morning, bills. When I moved over to a different family, I guess the old family got the new ones bills as well, cause I never got any bills with that family. *shrug*

I had to remove the game because of computer issues and once I got it back up and running, the family I'm currently playing gets bills on an irregular schedule and only when I follow my sim to work. :P *shrug* I just go with it.
  • Options
    It's really interesting seeing everyone's responses/troubles here. This seems like something for gurus to take a look at, as there's all kinds of weird reported in this thread.

As a reference I always get my bills on Monday in the mail (which I believe is the appropriate time for them to arrive).
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    who cares about bills ?
    sims don't advance when let unplayed, get probably spawned with some strange career level 9 & maybe even some skill out of nowhere & eventually probably culled for good to be replaced by a random jogger or a ghost of some spawned sim, so why care about bills ? sims don't care & the devs neither
    just hit motherlode & everything's ok :cookie:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    PapayaPancakePapayaPancake Posts: 867 Member
    @starcrunch that's probably because those Sims had many expensive items in their inventories - they count towards bills too (don't ask me why). I once played with an astronaut, he had these UFO fruits in his inventory when I switched to play with his girlfriend. I played with her for a long time, he came over to her place a lot and she went to his place quite often too. When I returned to him, he got like a 12 or 24K bill (don't remember exactly which), even though he lived in a tiny starter. I honestly didn't know why the bill go so high, until I realised his UFO fruits had a value of 132K! It's because the value of rare harvestables increases on every loading screen (and maybe also just travel, not sure about that though).

But back on topic, the bills usually come in every Monday for the household currently played. So if you play the same amount of time with each household, like I do, everyone get's to pay the same amount of bills - they do not necessarily pay the same amount of money though ;).

I hope this is a bug and not intended. My gardener Sims bills went from 3k to 40k and the culprit were the perfect blackberries, 8k per piece. I had him eat most of them since selling them felt like cheating lol.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member

I hope this is a bug and not intended. My gardener Sims bills went from 3k to 40k and the culprit were the perfect blackberries, 8k per piece. I had him eat most of them since selling them felt like cheating lol.

Your poor sim probably never wants to see a blackberry again.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5