Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Incoming calls so cool.

Has anybody had this before :#
2vmvg5j.png

this is so cool! now you can get incoming calls to be invited to event (dates, party etc..)
what do you think about this new adjustment.

Comments

• Options
    SimplyToriSimplyTori Posts: 1,804 Member
    when did this happen? did I miss something? was it with the last patch or is there a new patch? I'm confused :p
    justlurking.gif
  • Options
    Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    when did this happen? did I miss something? was it with the last patch or is there a new patch? I'm confused :p

This came with the latest patch.
  • Options
    simsilversimsilver Posts: 562 Member
    islem101 wrote: »
    2vmvg5j.png

this is so cool! now you can get incoming calls to be invited to event (dates, party etc..)

Awesome. Tell me how it works when you go with the date. Is it the same when you ask on date with someone? Or different?
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Read the patch notes.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    islem101islem101 Posts: 59 Member
    simsilver wrote: »
    2vmvg5j.png

Awesome. Tell me how it works when you go with the date. Is it the same when you ask on date with someone? Or different?

Its a little different than the normal date.
    when they ask you out you don't have to accomplish all these goals.
    but i am still experimenting ;)
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    yay, improvements :wink:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    simsilversimsilver Posts: 562 Member
    simsilver wrote: »
    2vmvg5j.png

Its a little different than the normal date.
    when they ask you out you don't have to accomplish all these goals.
    but i am still experimenting ;)

Wow yes. Thats what i hope for. :)
  • Options
    OmarSPiedraOmarSPiedra Posts: 44 Member
    I hope they add options for Sims to just casually invite you over or just to talk. They could also add group outings like in the Sims 2, where one Sim would invite you downtown to hangout with a bunch of friends.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    I had a call like this before the latest patch.

Phone%20Call_zpsdpgspjnn.png
  • Options
    Letty91Letty91 Posts: 432 Member
    clearly I need to get the latest patch ... plum you responsibilities, I need sim time!
    Dear EA/Maxis,
    I am incredibly disappointed with the lack of answers provided by you in regards to issues and bugs with TS4.
    I will not be purchasing anything more from you until a proper venue for dialogue is opened.

Sincerely,
    A concerned simmer
  • Options
    SlyStarDustSlyStarDust Posts: 341 Member
    Letty91 wrote: »
    clearly I need to get the latest patch ... plum you responsibilities, I need sim time!

Same for me! Dang real life not allowing me time!
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I hope they add options for Sims to just casually invite you over or just to talk. They could also add group outings like in the Sims 2, where one Sim would invite you downtown to hangout with a bunch of friends.

Evidently Sim kids can be invited for a play date -- haven't seen it yet in my game. And I don't have any singles (and none of my married Sims have any extracurricular romantic entanglements) so I probably won't get the dating one...oh, wait, my teen Sim Emily O'Dourke is the girlfriend of Alexander Goth so maybe she'll get a call, or my other teen Sim Adam Pollock will get a call from his girlfriend Lorena Daley. (I'm waiting for the Party Pack to throw him a big birthday bash then get him started in the Doctor career.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member

It came with yesterdays patch.... :smile:

Lol, I like how we are getting all excited about a feature that was already in the other games.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I had a call like this before the latest patch.

Phone%20Call_zpsdpgspjnn.png

You could get invited over before the patch, but you could not get invited to events like parties and dates.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    ok that cop is officially handsome. i have seen pics before from him and he totally reminds me of this guy

Michael Ealy

HCsO81g.jpg
  • Options
    EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    Yes. Some plum asked my married sim on a date. She said no. Would have liked it better if her husband left the house and beat the plum up for it. Then I might have been impressed with it.

Was it someone she flirted with before or had a previous romantic relationship? Is any part of their relationship bar pink? One of the gurus said, in another thread, it shouldn't happen unless they've flirted before.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    copygirl29copygirl29 Posts: 68 Member
    Haven't had this yet, have had a little while away, but quite looking forward to it. Kind of hoping they'll follow with marriage & move in requests, like previously – anyone else want that?
  • Options
    KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    When you go on a date or to a party, it's different. You don't have tasks to perform.

But, you have to stay the entire time for both. You don't have the option to leave until the event is over.

Also, you do get a message at the end, but it doesn't seem to effect the relationship in any way.
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    2vmvg5j.png

I have patched my game, but haven't received any incoming calls like that yet. Looking forward to it though.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    SimsFur wrote: »
    ok that cop is officially handsome. i have seen pics before from him and he totally reminds me of this guy

Michael Ealy

HCsO81g.jpg

Daamn...
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    EIisabetta wrote: »
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    Yes. Some plum asked my married sim on a date. She said no. Would have liked it better if her husband left the house and beat the plum up for it. Then I might have been impressed with it.

Was it someone she flirted with before or had a previous romantic relationship? Is any part of their relationship bar pink? One of the gurus said, in another thread, it shouldn't happen unless they've flirted before.

I'll check when I get home.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    edited May 2015
    Sul5ul wrote: »
    That new picture it shows when being asked on a social event really screams social or mobile game, much like many aspects of this game.

True. But I like how it looks better than the previous one. :lol: Their faces look clearer in the new one.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Mafe5125Mafe5125 Posts: 294 Member
    > @kremesch73 said:
    > Yes. Some plum asked my married sim on a date. She said no. Would have liked it better if her husband left the house and beat the plum up for it. Then I might have been impressed with it.

I've secretly wanted this for a while now. Hahahha the husband/wife finds out that their husband/wife got asked out on a date, and they go and kick the asker's butt.