Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I tried...

Comments

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,552 Member
    I remember before the sims 4 was released everyone was, Oh the sims 4 I want it I want it, it's the best game ever, it's got to be better than the sims 3. Oh well, people tried to tell you but you just wouldn't listen. Maybe you are a bunch of sheep after all. :D
    Lol, surprisingly that is the first 'I told ya so' post I have come across.

I have to admit to being extremely skeptical from the start, and I wasn't even going to bother to buy the game at all. But I decided to do it so that I could judge properly for myself, otherwise I'd always be wondering...

Well, I'm not wondering now. I know I was right to have those thoughts and probably should have just listened to my gut feelings and ignored this version. I have tried to like it, but never mind, I won't have to spend any more money on it. It just makes me rather sad to think that the sims is gonna die out this way.

• Options
    ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    Welcome to the club. I tried, but my play style got taken away completely. So I'm happily playing my heavily modified TS3, with TS1 and TS2 ready to be played at any time.
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited December 2014
    Its okay...I feel the same way too. At least you found the light and now know the heart breaking truth :'(
    giphy.gif

• Options
    PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited December 2014
    Simster wrote: »
    > @Starglitters9909 said:<br />
    > I remember before the sims 4 was released everyone was, Oh the sims 4 I want it I want it, it's the best game ever, it's got to be better than the sims 3. Oh well, people tried to tell you but you just wouldn't listen. Maybe you are a bunch of sheep after all.<br />
    <br />
    Actually I never read any of the reviews or what people tried to tell me about any of the sequels. My disappointment in part 4 has somehow given me a voice to actually come to the forums and complain LOL. I wish I had read up before hand, but I just played my games and carried on like always. Then, part 4 happened...

You're actually what they were marketing on (along with new players) Not that it's a bad thing. It's all in brand recognition; you knew the brand, it delivered at least once before and nearly twice (unless you also played TS1, in which case 3 times) so why would this be any different?

It's all in brand recognition & brand loyalty. Marketing for this game was pretty dull and the lack of reviews was telling. I kept an eye on the development of this game on here and for the most part, there was hardly any news. Nothing at all like 2 or 3. And the news I was hearing was either lackluster or bad.

I consider this $60 save a smart one. It's sad though because there were elements of this series I would have liked, but the cons outweigh the pros to me.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,653 Member
    edited December 2014
    I know for myself, that it is far more RPG than what the Sims really is all about. And while I enjoyed the daily tasks in Sims Medieval and hated the lack of truly Sandbox play in that game, this isn't quite the answer,either. I used to take the surveys EA put out during the installing of a disk version Sims game. What bothered me is how they manipulated the results. It's much like polling. You can't trust those results, either, since it's all in how the question is presented. In these surveys that I took (and in my own defense I have to say I was very green, as in NEWBIE) to the whole gaming thing. I knew that RPG, for instance, stood for RolePlayingGame. But since EA conveniently left out Simulation as one of the choices (and for the record missing in action was the box for "other", too.) I would select RPG. (In some sense, to me playing the Simulation is like taking on a role. My grown daughter, after the fact, explained to me the difference. :( Sadness, the damage had been done.)

Suffice it to say, EA wanted to make the switch from Simulation to RPG and made their 'surveys' such that it would look as if the majority of players wanted it, too. This, I imagine, they took into their "Board of Directors" or what have you, to convince them (with trumped up evidence) that their customer base would support such a move.

I do have to say, I am starting to get the hang of it, though. After these couple of months I'm now better at managing my Sims' time, again. (Sims3 really dumbed down my playing abilities, nice to know they are returning.) I've finally realized what others have said. Use both the Aspiration and the job requirements simultaneously to achieve an end. So far, so good. And I do have to admit, that I like a more hands on approach to the jobs and schooling. It isn't quite the same, of course, as being able to accompany one's Sim to their job, such as Ambitions gave us, but I still can have a hand in the results. Now, if our school Sims could actually make friends, instead of it just being a way to keep them from getting tense…
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    DCPuppyGirlDCPuppyGirl Posts: 1,318 Member
    Don't worry about it. I've tried to like this game too, but since the new patch I've ran into many bugs that make the game unplayable.
    5dK3aTu.gif
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    I always enjoyed the family aspect of the Sims and when they turned the babies into objects and removed toddlers the game seem dead to me.Also the lack of lots and fun stuff for our Sims to do is another issue I have with this version.So in short your not alone.
  • Options
    LuanaLuana Posts: 41 Member
    The Sims 4 is the first of the series I've ever played and I'm enjoying it immensely.
  • Options
    dmel25dmel25 Posts: 1,514 Member
    Luana wrote: »
    The Sims 4 is the first of the series I've ever played and I'm enjoying it immensely.

You very lucky and unlucky at the same time. You are lucky because you don't know the disappointment that us simmers have experienced because we played Sims 2 and 3. But you are unlucky because you haven't experienced the amazing games that are Sims 2 and Sims 3.

Seriously, drop Sims 4 and go play Sims 2 and 3 you will not be disappointed and you will probably not want to go back to Sims 4 after playing those two.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    There is no one who deserves to be called a sheep on this thread, or any other. There is no one who deserves to be called a hater either. It is their money and they have the right to spend it however they choose. If they used it to buy the game they have the right to be unhappy or happy about it and to express that by giving their opinion.

I sorry you didn't like the game. I am disappointed with it too. Now it for the most part collects dust.
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    dmel25 wrote: »

You very lucky and unlucky at the same time. You are lucky because you don't know the disappointment that us simmers have experienced because we played Sims 2 and 3. But you are unlucky because you haven't experienced the amazing games that are Sims 2 and Sims 3.

Seriously, drop Sims 4 and go play Sims 2 and 3 you will not be disappointed and you will probably not want to go back to Sims 4 after playing those two.
    No, don't! Just keep playing Sims 4. It's the only way you will love it. Don't ever look at Sims 2 and Sims 3. You don't want to turn like how we all are now.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I still like the game, but the latest patch definitely made some things worse, not better. It takes Sims forever to get promoted now, even with the easier job requirements; they seemed to balance those out by slowing down job performance progression. Families all starting out on the sidewalk means I have to take the time to start each of them on a task, where before they were at least doing something even if it was just playing a video game or watching TV. I haven't run into any of the game-breaking bugs that some have reported, such as post-date glitches.

I'm staying with it because I like my current families and look forward to continuing them for another generation. I do hope though that the current bugs get squashed pretty quickly, and that they'll continue to make improvements and additions to keep the game fresh. Sims 4 isn't Sims 3, but Sims 3 wasn't Sims 2 and Sims 2 wasn't Sims 1. Each game has been different from the other in some way -- sometimes it's hard to remember that.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    Jimil wrote: »
    dmel25 wrote: »

No, don't! Just keep playing Sims 4. It's the only way you will love it. Don't ever look at Sims 2 and Sims 3. You don't want to turn like how we all are now.

Yeah, like what @Jimil had said, don't play the prequels! After all, curiosity killed the cat!
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • Options
    Kuypers125Kuypers125 Posts: 781 Member
    They didn't try to make this game a life simulation game so that must be the problem and I'm sorry :'(
    This game is more of a Life Simulation Game than the Sim3 Base ever was.
    I remember before the sims 4 was released everyone was, Oh the sims 4 I want it I want it, it's the best game ever, it's got to be better than the sims 3. Oh well, people tried to tell you but you just wouldn't listen. Maybe you are a bunch of sheep after all. :D
    People did 'tell us'; and yet thousands of us are still able to enjoy Sims4, and many of us even think it's the best Base Game in the series.

To the OP: if you can only be happy with a bug-free game than you should never have been able to be happy with Sims3, because even now it's way more Buggy than Sims4

• Options
    GillieGillie Posts: 1,708 Member
    I see y'all are drinking Jimil's truth tea.

*sticks to truth coffee*
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    edited December 2014
    Kuypers125 wrote: »
    They didn't try to make this game a life simulation game so that must be the problem and I'm sorry :'(
    People did 'tell us'; and yet thousands of us are still able to enjoy Sims4, and many of us even think it's the best Base Game in the series.

To the OP: if you can only be happy with a bug-free game than you should never have been able to be happy with Sims3, because even now it's way more Buggy than Sims4
    *gasp* I didn't know being able to walk and drive anywhere isn't simulating life. I didn't know that actually neglecting the toddler life stage is really simulating life. Those fake houses and buildings must be so in touch with reality. Thank you for finally opening my eyes.
  • Options
    ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member

Yeah um...nope, nope, nope. Not at all. The executive producer even disagrees with that statement.

And to say if you want a bug free game you would NEVER be able to be happy with Sims 3, um what? One word; NRaas. That will solve nearly every bug and performance issue TS3 had. So don't pose such statements when you don't have a clue that they are 100% fixable.
  • Options
    crebo19crebo19 Posts: 286 Member
    People sure do love attention.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member

Wow, you never give up, do you? You should know by now that the tone of your posts is only going to alienate people, and not convince them to see "the error of their ways". And I'm happy to know you're content with a Base Game that has had so much content stripped out of it (not even talking about toddlers here), and that it has "potential."

No doubt, you're also willing to pay to have all that "potential" added back to the "best Base Game in the series".
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    vcosleyvcosley Posts: 880 Member
    I tried also
  • Options
    SimsterSimster Posts: 24 New Member
    Sorry to start a thread of debates. I think we all have our favorites. For me it is Sims 2. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to get it back just yet. Somehow it has vanished from my computer and I can even deal with losing the families I had there and starting over fresh. Even if I did have several generations of the families and countless hours spent playing them. To those of you backlashing at me with the sarcastic remarks about TS3, I had to make myself like and adjust to it. I don't think I ever said I freaking loved it? I tolerated it and for me the celebrity status thing was fun for a while, as well as the high rise apartments.
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    I never tried, I gave it a chance when I played it, but that didn't work out.
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    I agree.

This space is for rent.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    > @PsychYourMind08 said:
    > Simster wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You're actually what they were marketing on (along with new players) Not that it's a bad thing. It's all in brand recognition; you knew the brand, it delivered at least once before and nearly twice (unless you also played TS1, in which case 3 times) so why would this be any different?
    >
    > It's all in brand recognition & brand loyalty. Marketing for this game was pretty dull and the lack of reviews was telling. I kept an eye on the development of this game on here and for the most part, there was hardly any news. Nothing at all like 2 or 3. And the news I was hearing was either lackluster or bad.
    >
    > I consider this $60 save a smart one. It's sad though because there were elements of this series I would have liked, but the cons outweigh the pros to me.

It certainly has opened my eyes up to reading about and reviewing prior to buying any games in the future. I won't make this mistake again, LOL. You were right, it was a smart $60 save on your part.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    > @Jimil said:
    > dmel25 wrote: »
    >
    > Luana wrote: »
    >
    > The Sims 4 is the first of the series I've ever played and I'm enjoying it immensely.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You very lucky and unlucky at the same time. You are lucky because you don't know the disappointment that us simmers have experienced because we played Sims 2 and 3. But you are unlucky because you haven't experienced the amazing games that are Sims 2 and Sims 3.
    >
    > Seriously, drop Sims 4 and go play Sims 2 and 3 you will not be disappointed and you will probably not want to go back to Sims 4 after playing those two.
    >
    >
    >
    > No, don't! Just keep playing Sims 4. It's the only way you will love it. Don't ever look at Sims 2 and Sims 3. You don't want to turn like how we all are now.

LISTEN TO THEM LOL!