Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CC hair not working?

14567810...Next

Comments

• Options
    KrispyNickyBKrispyNickyB Posts: 167 Member
    edited April 2011
    I agree with the communication error. That actually makes a lot of sense.

I apologize I wasn't meaning that all of TSR is bad. I've read really bad things about them. Now for me personally I have had no problems with them. The only complain I have is how slowly that website runs. I actually admire anyone with the bravery to create CC and even put it out there in the first place!
    Join me on Youtube !
    First Videos launching on October 3rd
  • Options
    KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited April 2011
    Sorry if that sounded a bit harsh - that wasn't my intention. I just mentioned it, because all 3rd party Sims3Pack content is made with that tool, so it can't be just TSR.
    I never have a problem with TSR - only if i browse over some of those stupid ads I get warnings. There are a lot of great creators there, and some very mediocre ones, and everything in-between.

But to get back on the topic: what I find the most puzzling is the 'now you see it, now you don't' - sometimes I think fiddling with the graphics settings helps, but then suddenly the hair is gone again. It's so irritating when a problem isn't consistent. :?
  • Options
    DivinelyGeekyDivinelyGeeky Posts: 3 New Member
    edited April 2011
    I am having problems with ALL CC hair as well. At first I thought it might be some hair I had recently downloaded but I removed it and the CC hair didn't return. Then I thought "maybe I just have too much content" and deleted all the content from the game and started it with like 4 custom hairs...no dice. Then I thought "maybe if I reinstall Late Night" and that didn't work. Then I did a full clean install and downloaded a new hair and loaded the game with just that hair. It still didn't appear. *waits for new patch*
  • Options
    inyourlineinyourline Posts: 1 New Member
    edited April 2011
    I'm in the same boat....oddly enough, there are a few that work, but the rest are bald/balding, which just doesn't look good. It's a little bit like gambling though, because sometimes I'll start it up and all the hair will be there. Does anyone actually think that a new patch could fix it?
  • Options
    HoldynSnydyrHoldynSnydyr Posts: 187
    edited April 2011
    I figured out the hair that was consistent for me everytime and found the creator on TSR. I asked them about it and said that all of the newer hairs should work on Macs. They fixed the tool that makes the hairs so I guess the only option is to delete the ones that dont work and download only newly created ones.
  • Options
    KrispyNickyBKrispyNickyB Posts: 167 Member
    edited April 2011
    inyourline wrote:
    I'm in the same boat....oddly enough, there are a few that work, but the rest are bald/balding, which just doesn't look good. It's a little bit like gambling though, because sometimes I'll start it up and all the hair will be there. Does anyone actually think that a new patch could fix it?

I honestly highly doubt it. A new EP or Patch means a lot of re-coding for developers.
    Join me on Youtube !
    First Videos launching on October 3rd
  • Options
    arcadiawildearcadiawilde Posts: 1 New Member
    edited May 2011
    bump, any progress?
  • Options
    OhEmGeeJessssOhEmGeeJessss Posts: 11
    edited May 2011
    And here I thought I was the only one with this kind of issue. I recently deleted all my CC because the game was slow and I didn't feel like looking through all the downloads for what I really wanted. After that I re-downloaded only a few things I frequently used with my sims like hairs, patterns, and a random dress or two, but now nothing is showing up in the game. I reinstalled all my games and still nothing. Before I deleted it my CC was in the regular documents file and was working perfectly well, now it just won't work. I've got the latest patch (6.2.4.010001) and am completely confused on how to fix it. Can anyone give me some advice or point me in the right direction? I can't even play the game because of the lack of good hair/
  • Options
    FlightlingFlightling Posts: 283 New Member
    edited May 2011
    I have a mac and that used to happen to me all of the time, has anyone tried going to the in-game menu and opening the launcher. For me it minimizes the game window and then the launcher comes up and I quit the launcher and the hair returns.
  • Options
    zelenabzelenab Posts: 5 New Member
    edited July 2011
    When it happens to me, I exit my game and download more. After that it usually works.
    But it just happened again and it didn't work.
    Try it! Don't delete!

(I download from the exchange. I can't figure out how to download custom content from MTS.) :oops: :lol: :shock: :?: :-o :D:( :-) :):mrgreen: :roll: :wink: :!: :? :thumbup:
  • Options
    brendanmelbrendanmel Posts: 7 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Isn't that the worst? You get all excited to play and then you see a bunch of balding-man-hair people everywhere and you need to start over.

Mine is really iffy, usually it doesn't work the first time and then the next it does. I don't know why. The moon phase. The weather. Who knows.

I think there's probably bad cc in your batch. You need to take it all out and filter it in little by little. See if it comes back. If so, it means there's at least one bad egg. I have a couple folders in my mods: confirmed and new--put them in the new and if the cc shows up then immigrate them to confirmed. That way, you'll catch the bad egg as soon as you put it in and it will be easy to pinpoint in the "new" folder.

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    KowaiChanKowaiChan Posts: 3
    edited January 2012
    I don't know if anyone found the solution yet, or if anyone tried this before, but here's how I got it to work every time I play (I've only tried these steps, so I don't know if it'll work if you do it differently):

1) Make your setting like this: http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m598/Kowai-Chan/Screenshot2012-01-07at62300PM.png
    Enable/disable rendering does not matter, so just keep it on if you want nice looking grass! ◕ヮ◕
    *Now, I am pretty sure that other settings would work as well, but just to be safe, try these settings first!*

2) When you're done with the settings, it will ask you to restart the game, BUT!! That's not what we're doing~ What we do? TURN OFF THE MAC COMPLETELY.

3) Start up your MAC again, but DON'T OPEN ANY APPLICATION! Not a single one! Just go straight to your sims 3 game (which I have it in my docks) and click it and play~

Just so everyone knows, I haven't tested this on any other computer so I am not sure if it'll work for EVERYONE, but it would be awesome if this works for others too! (^ω^)

Oh, I've been playing Sims 3 everyday for the past 2 weeks and all I did was turn off and re-start up my computer! There has been past solutions where it works, but only sometime. For me, this solution made it work every single time so far! ◕ヮ◕

EDIT 1: There might be better solution out there, but right now this is all I've got. (っ´ω`c)

EDIT 2: Forgot to mention! This works absolutely with EVERY hair (since I've download from ALL over the place. xD) Except some icons still appears "bald", but if you click on the hair, it works fine!

EDIT 3: AHH! I KEEP ON FORGETTING THINGS! I have a Macbook Pro, with Mac OS X 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo!

Please try it and tell me if it works or not~