Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Read to Child Bug after 11/4 Update

I have both Adult Sims and Children that need to be read to for 3 hours. Everything goes well until the Adult sits at a table with the book. The child eventually follows, but then the Adult's action won't cancel out at all. The child will auto cancel the action after a few minutes but I end up having to reset the Adult. Any one else experience this?
Signature-Light-2.jpg

Origin ID: simmerdownsouth
Twitter: @simmerdownsouth
My Sims 4 Blog/Stories: http://www.simmerdownsouth.com/
YouTube Channel: SimmerDownSouth

Comments

• Options
    KimZ1111KimZ1111 Posts: 10 New Member
    I'm having the same problem with the adults becoming frozen reading to children, having to reset the adult.
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Same problem -- in fact, after the child left, the UI showed his father as being asleep. When I exited and returned to the game, however, everything was okay. I didn't think to reset the father, d'oh.
  • Options
    bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    mine is freezing too.
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I just pause the game and save. Sometimes the time keeps going on the clock but saving the game unfreezes everyone and puts the clock back to where you actually clicked pause. Also, sometimes if you pause and hit enter they will unfreeze. If you don't want to save just go into buy mode or options. Theses actions unfreeze the sims for me.
  • Options
    SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    I have both Adult Sims and Children that need to be read to for 3 hours. Everything goes well until the Adult sits at a table with the book. The child eventually follows, but then the Adult's action won't cancel out at all. The child will auto cancel the action after a few minutes but I end up having to reset the Adult. Any one else experience this?

Yes. But it wasn't introduced by the patch. It has always been there.

Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Options
    rodneyclintrodneyclint Posts: 496 Member
    Wow, so many bugs. Can you still not show off babies as well??
  • Options
    simmesesimmese Posts: 1,536 Member
    I had to do this after the patch and experienced no bug at all

And my babies Father got the 'show off baby' option too (when the child was a baby of course)
  • Options
    Rockinchica777Rockinchica777 Posts: 131 Member
    This happened to me too. But only once because I Had the same parent do it 2 other times and she was fine.
  • Options
    7aquaman77aquaman7 Posts: 250 Member
    I had this same problem and found that it seemed to be caused by another adult in the household attempting to put the book away while the adult is reading it to the child. This happened to me 3 times and then I put my adults to work on their own projects before having the last one read to the child and it went off without a hitch.