Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm so torn. Install or ship it back/get refund.

~*Disclaimer*~ : This is not a bashing topic, I am not bashing The Sims 4.

I've gone through the motions!

- Fed up with everything I read about Sims 4

- Decided not to buy it.

- Felt weird not buying a sims game in the series.

- Ordered the game.

Now here is where I didn't really think about it. I'm busy writing my story for sims 3. I told myself I wouldn't install sims 4 until after I finish the finale of my sims 3 story (end of September)

- My sims 4 came via UPS from Amazon.

- Buyers remorse set in

- Today I was reading a bunch of reviews, and comments.. I just felt like I made a mistake ordering the game.

- Tonight I contemplated sending it back for a refund.

So where I'm at now is.. I don't know what to do. I feel like 50% of me wants to keep it, and just try and like it, see where the EP's take it in the future. The other 50% of me is like.. just send it back, buy a PS4 game.. keep playing/making stories with sims 3. I'm soooo torn. I need to find some gameplay videos on youtube and read more comments on this site... I really don't know what to do lol. Do you guys have any opinions or advice? pros or cons about the game? Help me out here haha..
tumblr_nbohhmBjJm1r9tnsko1_1280.png
>>>>Origin ID : BeeFierce <<<<

Comments

• Options
    Hellbiter88Hellbiter88 Posts: 916 Member
    if you're really that torn then just wait. no harm in waiting for the price to drop. personally i'm having a blast with the game, but the asking price is steep, no denying it.
    Welcome to the forums!
    hD8C13932
  • Options
    kayla1686kayla1686 Posts: 1,697 Member
    If you're really that torn, then I would suggest sending it back and purchasing the game digitally through origin instead, that way you can actually play it and still have the option to refund if you are unsatisfied.
  • Options
    Madiza86Madiza86 Posts: 158 Member
    I went through the same motions and I ended up buying it. I would say its a solid 3 out of 5. I think it also depends of what you value in the game and what you use it for.
  • Options
    TheBuffster73TheBuffster73 Posts: 201 Member
    Hi, I am one of those who bought the game and now have the odd glitch/crashing error.. however I do not regret buying the game. It's so fun when it works fine - and for me that's most of the time thankfully. Yes it has glitches, bugs etc but I am hopeful EA will sort that. Oh and no demon babies for me mine have all been perfect YAY!! :)

I still have Sims 2 and 3 so if my Sims 4 does something silly and stresses me out I go back to them and then I soon want to go back to Sims 4 - hope that made sense :)

My advice, open it - unless you spent a lot of money and are really worried.
    If the Apocalypse comes beep me
  • Options
    TheBuffster73TheBuffster73 Posts: 201 Member
    Just seen Kayla1686 post and have to agree.. you can get a refund on the digital copy if you dont like it :)
    If the Apocalypse comes beep me
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    You enjoy writing Sims 3 stories--so did I. So I hope I am in a good position to help you decide. I am working on my new serial story with Sims 4 and LOVING IT!!!! I can have multiple characters in a serial drama. I turned off aging and am having a blast! I've got material for at least 20 chapters already, and I am hooked. I wont ever play sims 3 again.

You should try it, if you like story writing. My opinion, but I think you will enjoy writing stories with it too.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    Well I love it but if you're not sure then perhaps now is not the time for you to buy it. If you like making stories though, the new emotions in the game make for some funny moments. Anyway just a thought.
    Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited September 2014
    M, I think you'll enjoy the sims themselves. I'm not sure if you play children too much, and, you do have to get creative with decorating. But the sims expressions are really cute to me. It's all in how you play. I still play sims 3 as well. If the ps4 has a more exciting game than you think sims4 has, go with that.

I enjoy sims 4. It took a while to get used to the controls, matching furniture and etc. :)

Oh it's even more fun because my husband simself needed friends so I found Wolverine, Tony Starks, some green dude from the gallery to be friends with him. It's so funny. Wolverine are best buds with him while my best bud is Barbie who seem to always come over in her formal wear. Typical. lol
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited September 2014
    Bear in mind that a lot of the bashers on the forum don't even have the game and are in no position to make a judgement, and you are letting those ID10t's cloud your view of the game. But., sending back for a refund would be the best option for you and just buy the digital version like others have suggested, then you actually get to play and make a decision based on your own experience of the game and not the baaaing's of a lot of brainless sheep. If after a few hours of gameplay you think its a waste of money then get a refund
  • Options
    KiwiLover875KiwiLover875 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Oh wow, I made this topic, and then went to do some writing. Its 2am where I am, didn't think it would get any replies so soon. I wish I could quote each of you and respond directly, but that would take too much time. So I'll just say that I read over all of your replies (I see you Barbie ♥) and the digital thing sounds like a good idea. Thanks for giving me opinions, and lots to think about. I think after a good nights rest I'll know for sure in the morning what I'm gonna do :)
    tumblr_nbohhmBjJm1r9tnsko1_1280.png
    >>>>Origin ID : BeeFierce <<<<
  • Options
    Good night. <3
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    AtomicusAtomicus Posts: 2,438 Member
    Definitely keep.
  • Options
    mizzgreenthumbmizzgreenthumb Posts: 637 Member
    I can't honestly say if you will enjoy it or not, I don't know... what I do know is, I personally absolutely love TS4! I have played TS1, TS2, and TS3, and TS4 is by far my favorite of the bunch!

If I were you I wouldn't go by what others think of the game, you need to at least try it and see what you think. You're always going to find people speaking negative about any game on the market, as not everyone is going to like certain games. Just because some folks hate TS4, don't mean that you will.

The price is steep I won't lie, but to me it was well worth it. I have been playing TS4 every single day since the game was released. I love TS4 so much that my husband not only bought me the Origin digital download so I could play right away, but he also surprised me with the DVD version through the mail!

I'd say you should at least try the digital download.
  • Options
    Yeah, it's a game you have to "experience".
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohwbklm3w_E&amp;feature=player_profilepage

LGR'S are honest. He doesn't sugarcoat anything. Maybe this will help. I find he is pretty right on. I was sitting on the fence, but bought the Premier Edition at Target on the 2nd. I didn't open it until the following Sunday. I have been playing since sims 1. I think it has a lot of potential. People have been able to tell stories with it. There are a lot of loading screens, but they are short. If you like to build, you will have fun. You have to learn the new UI, but it is not that bad. There are quiet a few game cheats out there, but I have noticed if you go through a loading screen, it will cancel the cheats. Do I regret paying full price. No, but I agree with the LGR.
  • Options
    EGYPT87771EGYPT87771 Posts: 224 Member
    If you're still doing things with TS3 there is no rush for you to get TS4. Honestly, the asking price is pretty out of pocket. You can ship it back and wait for the price to go down! There's no pressure. Then again you can just try the game and really see how you feel about it! Can you install the game and try it? Or if you do that you can't return it? There's a lot of pros about the game and of course a lot of cons - but I still think TS4 is a pretty good game. I've been having fun with it ever since yesterday :) I'm worried I won't be able to get any work done lol.
  • Options
    loobylou1985loobylou1985 Posts: 2,125 Member
    I say give It a go if you are on the fence about it all. I got the game and I am honestly having a great time. With Sims 3 I never sat more than maybe 3 hours until I thought I had had enough sims 4 I played for 6 hours the other day.
    Mine was bought for me as a gift at £31.95 now for the 15 hours I have played already there is not much entertainment wise that is that cheap, even if I went to the cinema with my husband it would cost that much now for just a couple of hours.

Also I think you need to go in with an open mind remember it is a new game and just take your time and enjoy it.

Now I just have the fun of when I load my game of trying to look after twins :open_mouth:
  • Options
    abe70280abe70280 Posts: 519 Member
    LGR, best reviewer of the Sims franchise!
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    If you're really worried, return the physical one you ordered and buy it via Origin so you can refund it within 24 hours if you're not happy. But at least give it a few hours before deciding too if you do give it a shot.
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited September 2014
    Quill's Let's play of TS4 is great. He usually does let's play of complex grand strategy games, to put his channel in perspective. He doesn't know diddly-squat about how TS4 works and went in as unprepared as we are. He gets swept up in TS4 and gets really into it. He makes no opinions on the game, but he's happy when his Sims are, he panics if they go off the rails and is sad when his Sims are.

Great stuff. Again, he's no EA billboard and does not push his opinions. He plays the game and as far as I'm concerned, he's the first one to do a Sims Let's play that's worth anything.

Quill's Let's play of TS4
  • Options
    safersavioursafersaviour Posts: 507 Member
    Honestly, I'm loving it. The creation tools (CAS/Build Mode) are particularly strong and the Sims themselves feel more distinct and driven by their personalities. Emotions and multitasking are great additions and community lots are much better populated. However, as a long-time fan of the Sims franchise, you will be very aware of what the Sims 4 lacks. In some cases ('normal' careers, story progression, lot types, lot/world quantity) its obvious that expansions will fill up those spaces but there are some features (CASt, toddlers) that may never return.

As a base game, I think it's one of the best and is certainly stronger than Sims 3, but it's really obvious it's a base game so if you're looking for a special feature or piece of content, it may be worth waiting for expansions.
  • Options
    keyb0xkeyb0x Posts: 1,641 Member
    If you bought it from Amazon don't you have 30 days to return it in NZ?

Just wait until you feel ready to play it and see what you think, then send it back if you still feel like it.
  • Options
    ArkansasWoman777ArkansasWoman777 Posts: 601 Member
    If you want to see videos...or actually streams of it, head over to twitch.tv there are tons of people that are playing the Sims 4
    i7 6700k, 1tb ssd, Rx MSI 480 8gb, Evga 750G2, Corsair H100i V2, 16gb of ram
  • Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    Honestly I have to say that even with all of the LB and videos I watch, prior to the game release, none of them showed me the depth I found while playing the game. IMHO it is great for story writers. I really can't express how much alive my sims are now. Sims 3 sims just stood around not doing much on their own, my sims now are always busy off doing something. Husband and wife in the same room doing separate thing will autonomously blow kisses at each other. This game is very enriched with depth to not only our sims but also the jobs and the world around them. Parties are Awesome and going anywhere you find groups of people to add to your story.
    I don't know how you play or what you want/like from your game but I think that if you write stories you will love it! Of course after you get out of the dang tutorial/lessons! :p

Happy Simming! :D
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    ~*Disclaimer*~ : This is not a bashing topic, I am not bashing The Sims 4.

I've gone through the motions!

- Fed up with everything I read about Sims 4

- Decided not to buy it.

- Felt weird not buying a sims game in the series.

- Ordered the game.

Now here is where I didn't really think about it. I'm busy writing my story for sims 3. I told myself I wouldn't install sims 4 until after I finish the finale of my sims 3 story (end of September)

- My sims 4 came via UPS from Amazon.

- Buyers remorse set in

- Today I was reading a bunch of reviews, and comments.. I just felt like I made a mistake ordering the game.

- Tonight I contemplated sending it back for a refund.

So where I'm at now is.. I don't know what to do. I feel like 50% of me wants to keep it, and just try and like it, see where the EP's take it in the future. The other 50% of me is like.. just send it back, buy a PS4 game.. keep playing/making stories with sims 3. I'm soooo torn. I need to find some gameplay videos on youtube and read more comments on this site... I really don't know what to do lol. Do you guys have any opinions or advice? pros or cons about the game? Help me out here haha..

I sent it back because I didn't feel it was quite what I wanted this time. I knew that going in but I tried it anyway to see if it would be worth the full price since so many claimed they were amazing. I really didn't find them anymore amazing than the TS2 Sims then consider a lot of things were omitted that I do love in the other games, so, I felt it was better I return it, wait for them to patch all the really bad bugs and see what they do about toddlers and adding more sandbox to the game rather than more goals. If that makes sense. You know a restaurant instead of more goals for my Sims to complete. I feel I made the right choice to return, wait for a sale, more patches and better content that suits my play style.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.