The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Storage - Is there something to put my stuff?

My sim has tons of stuff in her inventory and it's hard to find stuff among all the other stuff. Is there like a storage thing like with sims 3 World Adventures with the chests you got from other places? I know there's a family inventory in build mode but everything has to be placed on the ground and if I have 99+ of one item I want to put away it will take a lifetime to do them all :(

Comments

• Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    edited September 2014
    Geez, I didn't spot there is another thread about this already.

Same question. And same problem.

Mods please delete/close my thread, no need to have two of them:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/781738/any-proper-container-except-food-in-the-fridge?new=1
  • Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    I couldn't find any. Please, please EA/Maxis can you add some storage boxes and proper display cases (Ones like in Supernatural would be great)
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    Actually there is a display case for minerals but I still don't get how does it work.
    Maybe it's automatic, dunno. :(
  • Options
    ThoddyEAThoddyEA Posts: 108 Member
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    Actually there is a display case for minerals but I still don't get how does it work.
    Maybe it's automatic, dunno. :(

Same here. I bought it but can't put the minerals (got them back from the geologist in a case) in it. How does it work?
    This poster is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
  • Options
    GennacyGennacy Posts: 17 Member
    I simply put the items in from my inventory, hover over and let go, same as putting things in the fridge or bookshelf.
    It only allows one of each element though :(
    Gennacy xx
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    I believe that in one of the two hidden lots, I found some crates that are supposed to hold stuff. You might look for those. Not sure which hidden lot it was though.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    bludhoundbludhound Posts: 297 Member
    edited September 2014
    The chests in WA are dangerous if you forget to take out all the items when selling them, or if they get stolen by the maid or repoman. If they ever come to TS4, I hope all items will be placed in the individual inventory when the chests are sold. Portable containers that can be placed in the individual inventory would also be nice.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Why on earth would anyone sell a chest?
    And repomen... Cmon. All they ever "steal" is your toilet seat.

Mylita thanks I'll check those lots (still didn't, I'm currently on fishing to see if anything spectacular comes out of it, not hoping much though).
  • Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    Mylita wrote: »
    I found some crates that are supposed to hold stuff.
    Can anyone confirm that the crates are able to hold stuff and if so how much/what stuff?
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    Actually there is a display case for minerals(
    I know about it, but it's not what I consider a proper display case... only one of each element (and it's kinda ugly). I would like them similar to how they were in supernatural where you could display a few and keep the rest stored similar to a chest
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    Just to bump this up.
    There are no containers in secret areas.

Which means you still have to keep all the stuff disorganized in your horrible sims 3 design inventory. :(
    Or drop it on the ground and try to at least organize that through the build mode.

I'm utterly disappointed, honestly. It's not just plants or frogs, there are so many collectibles and at one moment your sim's inventory looks like a mess. Can't understand none of betatesters or QA guys didn't say anything about this to devs.
  • Options
    alli21alli21 Posts: 4 New Member
    I know this thread is from a few months ago, but in case you haven't found it yet... There are shelves/displays in Build Mode under Surfaces. Only collectable that won't display are the frogs. They will, however, fit on any of the tables.
  • Options
    StephkittyStephkitty Posts: 1 New Member
    alli21 wrote: »
    I know this thread is from a few months ago, but in case you haven't found it yet... There are shelves/displays in Build Mode under Surfaces. Only collectable that won't display are the frogs. They will, however, fit on any of the tables.

I still do not know where you found Surfaces. There is nothing in build mode referencing that. The only things I found you can store stuff in. Were chests you buy in World Adventures, each location has 1 to store relics and other stuff from that country in. I bought like 10 of them to use as storage.
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,283 Member
    Stephkitty wrote: »

I still do not know where you found Surfaces. There is nothing in build mode referencing that. The only things I found you can store stuff in. Were chests you buy in World Adventures, each location has 1 to store relics and other stuff from that country in. I bought like 10 of them to use as storage.

In Sims 4 you find kitchen furniture, shelves or displays under Surfaces. If you are playing Sims 3 you won't be able to find them. :)

• Options
    Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member
    Didn't they patch in two storage chests way wack when we had that Halloween "trick or treat" challenge? I remember you could put some things from your inventory in them
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    edited February 2017
    Stephkitty wrote: »

There were a few more in TS3 outside of WA. Many in other Eps. Such as my fave, the alchemy chests from Supernatural. Just like the rocking chairs and fake imaginary friends, they were awesome for any house.

Then in TS4, there are a few things for storage, but not many. And the ones that do exist aren't very useful. (fish tank = fish only, fridge = selected food only, weird red mini cupboard = limited number of skulls only, etc)
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Callum2000 wrote: »
    Didn't they patch in two storage chests way wack when we had that Halloween "trick or treat" challenge? I remember you could put some things from your inventory in them

Yep. They act like the ones in Sims 3. And @Cinderellimouse made the ones from WA for S4.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2017
    We have a couple of storage chests in different styles. I use them all the time.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Callum2000 wrote: »

Yep. They act like the ones in Sims 3. And @Cinderellimouse made the ones from WA for S4.

Yeah, I made a crate which holds anything that a Sim inventory can hold too. I've been using it with my current household to store flowers and fertiliser: https://simsinthewoods.wordpress.com/2016/02/21/ts4-download-storage-crate-test-version/

I'm curious about the inventory type for the flea market tables, it seems like they hold a lot of different things. They might make useful storage objects for people who don't use mods.
  • Options
    SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 797 Member
    There are shelves under Surfaces > Shelves that can store/hold items. There are also several chests under Storage > the 'three dots/other' area.
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • Options
    SteampunkAngieSteampunkAngie Posts: 11 New Member
    Hey guys!! I found the perfect item to store all your things from your sims personal inventory! It's with the Supernatural Pack, Aleister's Alchemy Cabinet. My character had finished the Future pack arch before I moved him to the world that came with Supernatural and was looking for something to unpack his pockets. Order to find it: Build Mode> Order By Function > Surfaces> Displays. It's a large cabinet for 415 Simoleons, and I've put hundreds of items into it now. I know this is way late but I just downloaded it today and was looking for answers, hope I help someone else in the future.
  • Options
    SteampunkAngieSteampunkAngie Posts: 11 New Member
    > @SteampunkAngie said:
    > Hey guys!! I found the perfect item to store all your things from your sims personal inventory! It's with the Supernatural Pack, Aleister's Alchemy Cabinet. My character had finished the Future pack arch before I moved him to the world that came with Supernatural and was looking for something to unpack his pockets. Order to find it: Build Mode> Order By Function > Surfaces> Displays. It's a large cabinet for 415 Simoleons, and I've put hundreds of items into it now. I know this is way late but I just downloaded it today and was looking for answers, hope I help someone else in the future.

BUY mode, not BUILD mode, sorry.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    The fridge for produce... the bookshelf for books... and the household inventory for other stuff. It's all I got right now.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    > @SteampunkAngie said:
    > Hey guys!! I found the perfect item to store all your things from your sims personal inventory! It's with the Supernatural Pack, Aleister's Alchemy Cabinet. My character had finished the Future pack arch before I moved him to the world that came with Supernatural and was looking for something to unpack his pockets. Order to find it: Build Mode> Order By Function > Surfaces> Displays. It's a large cabinet for 415 Simoleons, and I've put hundreds of items into it now. I know this is way late but I just downloaded it today and was looking for answers, hope I help someone else in the future.

BUY mode, not BUILD mode, sorry.

In The Sims 4 Buy Mode and Build Mode are the same thing. Also, sorry for double posting!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    Roni_ValentineRoni_Valentine Posts: 1 New Member
    For TS4, if you own the Jungle Adventure pack, you can get the chests from build mode, and they'll store anything. :)
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    For TS4, if you own the Jungle Adventure pack, you can get the chests from build mode, and they'll store anything. :)

There's BG chests for storage too. Also don't necro.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1