May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Feedback Thread - come share yours

Comments

• Options
    simplydawnsimplydawn Posts: 181 Member
    edited May 2015
    Hello!

So here's what I have after writing and re-writing many times over several months. I'm giving up and posting already...

- The scenery is beautiful. I love the diversity of the towns.
    - I really enjoy all of the hidden little nooks and crannies. I'm still discovering!
    - The personality upgrades and emotions are really well thought out. Much more going on in their little Sim heads!
    - Multi-tasking!
    - Despite the deceiving look of the daunting dislike list below, I really enjoy playing TS4. A LOT! Over 800 hours online so far, not sure how many hours off-line or on my laptop.

Dislikes:
    - The daily duties that go along with the jobs/professions (including homework for the kiddies) are quite time consuming. I'm OCD about my Sims working first and playing later (including extra credit HW) so my Stepford-esque Sims don't get a lot of play time. Some of my families have gone days without speaking to each other because everyone is too busy. But if I don't trudge through it, they become elders and/or they die of old age before they've reached the tops of their careers. I can't have them dying off without fulfilling their (my) dreams! I have recently been playing with aging turned off, which helps but doesn't make their days any longer.
    - Going to work with the new professions is fantastic but much better for single Sims. When I go to work with them and they have an employed spouse and kids, the rest of the family suffers (daily tasks and homework aren't done). When I send them alone, I suffer. Conflicted.
    - The Aspiration-to-Job relationship could be improved. My Sims tend to complete more than one Aspiration in their lifetime and career but the choices for a new Aspiration are restrictive if the Aspiration objectives include changing jobs. If I don't want my Sim to change jobs - and I usually don't - then those Aspirations aren't options unless I'm playing a Renaissance Sim. My Oracle is on Aspiration #4; being mean, he isn't going to wake up one day and decide to be a Friend to the World.
    - Yard clutter. Giant microscopes and rocket ships everywhere. Ugh-ly. (See what I did there?)

My wish list:
    - Jobs to go with the new aspirations. It'd be nice if my Outdoor Enthusiast could be a Park Ranger. I've also noticed that adult townies have jobs that my adult Sims can't have, such as Librarian or Community Gardner. (I think that second one is correct; sorry if it isn't.)
    - I wish the adult Aspirations were more involved and/or took longer (not to be confused with more difficult) . Six levels instead of four?
    - Less boring teens. It'd be nice if they had their own Aspirations instead of immediately jumping into adult Aspirations. Learning to drive and sneaking out past curfew in TS3 always made me laugh. Plus they don't have time to date or get those cool part-time jobs...too much homework. Once they become an A student, I usually just age them up and move them out. Thought I don't know why I bother with the homework...it's not like it helps them get a better job or into a university (hint hint).
    - More children's Aspirations (or none?). After you've completed each of the four Aspirations five or six times (remember those multiple births?) you start to resent them. They don't serve much of a future purpose anyway.
    - More and larger home lots. The multiple birth epidemic left me with few empty homes (the ones my Sims can't afford without 'motherlode'). Need a rocket ship? Swimming pool? Triplets again? Larger lot and home! Until there are none.
    - An urban area with apartments à la Bridgeport. It remains my favorite TS3 town of all time.
    - More things to do! I assume more will come with each new EP so I probably just need to be patient. I'm thinking a movie theater, nerd hang out, grocery, spa, sports arena, etc. I could make some of my own, I guess, but there are only so many lots.
    - I wish my Sims transferred between machines and that I didn't have different Sims on my desktop than I have on my laptop. Plus the Achievements and My Library in the Gallery are also sadly machine-bound and not account-bound. Found that out the hard way. EDIT - I may be wrong on the achievement note. I believe an "alien in disguise" discovery from my laptop play did, in fact, show up on my desktop. My sincerest apologies.

Things that maybe bother others but not me:
    - No toddlers? Meh...they're okay but I don't miss them. Reading all of those books was an all day library affair (yes, every child was read every book). And why would anyone miss potty training? LOL
    - Way back when, I didn't really miss the pools. They're nice, but I don't use them much because my over-achieving Sims are too busy for the benefit of leisure and most lots don't have room for a pool anyway. Might add a pool to a gym later on but I guess it'll have to be a basement pool.
    - Don't care about dishwashers at all. I always buy the trash bin that gives you $10 for each use and drag-and-drop works fine. I do the same for cleaning the fridge.
    - Cars? It was nice to work your way up from a bike and scooter or to get a free one just for being a celebrity, but for me they're a want and not a need since Sims now teleport everywhere. Current lots don't even have room for garages. Although it was funny watching Sims ride bikes during blizzards.

Okay...I'm posting after another hour of re-writing.
    Post edited by simplydawn on
  • Options
    MsHoneyluv21MsHoneyluv21 Posts: 15 Member
    edited May 2015
    BRING BACK TODDLERS. If some people dont like toddlers, give them the option of turning that life phase off. But for people who DO love toddlers, give rewards/traits when the toddlers are raised a certain way. And why do the teens look adult? I bought this game back when it came out and I havent played it since because its so lacking. Today is the first time I turned it on. Also, I refuse to buy expansion packs if they wont have toddlers or at least make the teens look like teens.
  • Options
    Ally9207Ally9207 Posts: 57 New Member
    Please please, I'm begging...(I just read the ENTIRE recent update, hoping for this to be there..)
    *Due to many complaints, we've added an option for alien abduction frequency. There are two options: Turn on abductions-Turn off abductions*
    OR
    *Due to many complaints, we've added the option for alien abduction frequency! There are four options: Super frequent-Frequent-Rare-Off*

PLEASE. Aliens & male pregnancy were what I was looking forward to MOST in the GTW EP. I didn't even have a chance to experience abduction because the patch was released before I got the EP. I was abducted the other day - after more than two weeks (earth weeks XD) of trying.

I'm actually really disappointed, because he didn't conceive. Luckily I saved while he was going to investigate, so I just reloaded five times before he actually got pregnant. Please add this, it'd make the expansion pack way way way x999999 better for me.
  • Options
    bowiecasualtybowiecasualty Posts: 62 Member
    Makeup for men please
    tumblr_m7h64cQNLm1qdp7wqo1_500_zpsf8obocq4.gif
  • Options
    MyEnchantedaisyMyEnchantedaisy Posts: 14 New Member
    I Like:
    Item search feature (OMG I wanted to poke my eyeballs out trying to find items in TS3)
    Neat-o building features like push/pull manipulation and wall heights
    Emotions and items that manipulate those
    Multitasking
    Integration of Gallery and features to make that easy (like renaming a lot and identifying #br/ba, multiple pics)

:'( Not a fan of:
    Lack of "Speed through current action" button
    Lack of customizable skins for furniture, walls, floors, and clothing <--my single biggest disappointment in the game.
    Limited styles (clothing, walls, furniture, etc.)
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    OK...
    After the May 4th Patch, I really feel compelled to post in this thread.

•What you liked.
    The original loading screen. I much preferred the modern simplicity of the original larger plumbob design, when compared to the silliness of the new spinning one. Ascetically, it looks much cheap and makes the game appear much less like a full PC game and more like a free mobile app.

•What you didn't like.
    The new loading screen and this chosen method of forcing changes on all simmers based the feedback of a small portion of players.

•Suggestions?
    Instead of forcing changes onto all simmers, please give us options by placing settings in the menu system. For example, have a loading screen preference where we could either choose the original or new loading screen. Or, allow options to select or customize the backgrounds after bringing back the original larger plumbob design.

•Overall thoughts?
    While I originally adored the Sims 4; however, after these forced change(s) to our game (i.e. alien abductions) EA/Maxis is doing a great job at making me dislike this game more and more. :(
  • Options
    skippingcoconutskippingcoconut Posts: 1 New Member
    edited May 2015
    Okay so I have a few suggestions/fixes to improve the game which I think should be in the game rather than added with mods.

-Fix the doctor profession, when at work, the doctor in charge always end up leaving the hospital after an hour or two, resulting in not being able to complete anything because the doctor is missing! (We shouldn't have to get a mod just to be able to play the doctor profession)

-Stop random Sims from interrupting dates! It's so irritating to go on a date and have some random Sim join in the conversation (and ruin the date). I've also had times where I went on a date and failed right away for no apparent reasons.

-Detective career sometimes doesn't have any convicts to search/fingerprint/mugshot. It doesn't happen too often but it's kind of annoying.

-Have the Sims put books back in the bookshelf when they're done instead of having to be told to do so every single time.

-Have Sims keep guitars, tablets, books and other items in their inventory after use instead of placing them in the world every time they use it.

-Door locks for specific Sims like in Sims 3.

-The option to designate beds like in the Sims 3. I keep having my Sims going to the best bed in the house instead of their own. It's annoying.

-An option to turn off Aliens all together would be nice.

-I've had couple of Sims go to work and return from work but their mood UI is stuck at work (it only shows the "at work" options. I can't see their mood, interact with objects or see their moodlets/whims). Starting the game again did not fix this and I also tried to reset them but it didn't work. I had to replace those bugged Sims altogether. Not cool.

-Why no toddlers?!

-Please have the Sims wash the dishes in the kitchen sink. My Sims keep going to the bathroom sinks to wash their dishes when the kitchen sink is available...

Personal Feedback:

Overall I really like playing the Sims 4 but there has been a huge lack of content since the release of the game (literally months of not playing the game because there was nothing to do). I seriously felt like I paid $60 for a demo of a game when I first bought it. Lack of lots, lack of jobs and other Sims 3 features was a huge disappointment but I really like the new models, CAS, simultaneous actions and the revamped build-mode.

I understand that they changed the game so that it wouldn't lag as much but this has resulted in my Sims staying at home because it's time consuming to go out and you can't really control your other Sims (beside the care for self, socialize with and build skills) while you have one Sim out. The game does get pretty laggy/buggy after a few hours on the same saved game.

There has been a LOT of bugs that are really annoying that ruin the gaming experience. Fixes that were made by modders that should've been in the game from the start kind of makes me think that the game was rushed and released before it was polished... Hopefully the glitches will be fixed soon and more content will be released.

The "Get to Work" expansion pack was a great addition to the game but I feel like there still needs to be a lot of improvements.

PS: PLEASE BRING US SEASONS, THANKS.
    Post edited by skippingcoconut on
  • Options
    punkydepunkyde Posts: 1 New Member
    I have been playing for some time now and I am a daily player.... I will be honest.... I am not a fan of the Sims 4.... there is so much missing that you can do with the Sims 3 that 4 is just a disappointment. The worlds are to small... not enough lots... you can't go to college, there are no vehicles, pets, toddlers.... I could go on and on... I choose to play the Sims 3 every day over 4.. I feel like I wasted my money on 4......
  • Options
    LoreenEvansLoreenEvans Posts: 1 New Member
    I like the better manipulation of body types.
    I like the "get to work" that allows for more game play options.

I do not like:
    the babies and bassinets are as one almost always... why? that's pretty creepy.
    there are no toddlers
    the children's skills do not translate into corresponding adult skills. that's a gyp
    There are rigid color choices for hair. Some of us want to be able to be creative within the original parameters of the game without having to download a bunch of custom content. I struggled to make my own eye colors in TS2, this is supposed to be getting better, not more restrictive.

Speaking of restrictive... Can we talk about the neighborhoods? What the heck are these little zones about? It is really a buzz kill to have to "travel" a block up the street.

Overall I have to say, this is really a disappointment so far. TS3 took away a lot of the game play functions that were so fun in TS2 but at least you had more creative control as far as colors and patterns. TS4 is almost like going back to TS1 but with better graphics.

Suggestions?

A color wheel.
    Make up choices that aren't all glam rock
    The ability to manipulate hairstyles like body parts (dream)
    More toddler, child, and teen game play functions.
    Vacations and other expansion realms (like University or high school) where sims do not age up or have to miss work. This was the genius of the past Sims games, where you could gain skills and experiences without sacrificing other game play during the regular game)

Right now I don't feel like it was worth the money I spent. I feel like I should have waited another six months to a year for you to catch up to something resembling a full experience Sims game. (Sorry, but I'm not a big gamer and this is almost the only game I have played in 15 years, you really let me down.)
  • Options
    kirasososweetkirasososweet Posts: 172 Member
    The game is has so much potential to be great. I think just having to wait for EP or Stuff Packs is driving me nuts. The EP's I want to return the most are Generations, University Life, Island Paradise and Seasons. Just give me those I will be so very happy. o:)
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    simmer00 wrote: »
    I would love to see toddlers added. It's so weird seeing a baby grow into a child in just a few days.

This, and I'd love the all-in-one bathroom. I could just stick that thing in the hall, kitchen and corner of each of my sim's bedroom!
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    LittlebearLittlebear Posts: 73 Member
    I'll wait for the next expansions the game is still relatively fresh a bit with like 2 expansions I suspect there will be more stuff either re added or something. I don't mind if my sims wash dishes in the bathroom I find it funny hell in one house one prepares dinner in one lmao way out of the norm for me but I guess i find that amusing but not everyone shares that type of humor I also leave books around I never put them back lol if i were a sim id definitely be a slob lol XD
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,675 Member
    edited May 2015
    Can I make a suggestion to get separated options for the post-processing effects in game controls? I play the game on laptop mode and it turns off post-processing effects which include global focus (distance blur), lighting on sims, objects and sun flares/rays, and shadows.

It will great if I could turn on laptop mode and also maybe the lighting from post processing effects only. I really like having the sun rays because it makes the game more atmospheric. It's better to have some flexibility for our game controls. Thank you.
    My Top Song of the Day: Empty by The Click Five
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    GuruFanNo1GuruFanNo1 Posts: 389 Member
    My daugther's sims4 is up to date with all the updates and GTW EP. I struggle to get her away from the game but its kind of a blessing in disguise . With all the dangers out there today for young kids and teens I would rather have her play sims in her spare time instead of getting in trouble or wrong influences. I do not allow her yet on forums or chat lines so at this stage she loves what she's doing and its a win win for me.

I follow all the latest updates and EP through her game and it is a blast - a real mother daughter shared experience and loving it.
    Myself: I stick to the base game, mostly play the game off-line but can not resist downloading all those crazy, beautiful and creative designs. Thanks goodness for the gallery!! There are so many creative people out there and it amazes us time after time what people can do without cc, only using what sims4 offers. Builders like @jayocean, @Zita1966 @Zita1966z @WrathofCath is but a few of the exceptional builders that blow us away.

Keep them coming EA !! Great game
  • Options
    Dawn HunterDawn Hunter Posts: 31 Member
    :( Some the lots are to small .But the houses are cute
  • Options
    tonyb1_9696tonyb1_9696 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have an issue. Whenever my sim dies, they are basically deleted from the game a few minutes afterwards. There is no option to mourn. Just "Destroy" or "put in inventory". The living sims no longer have a relationship with the deceased sim. They are literally just deleted from the entire game without any proof that they ever existed.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,630 Member
    I have an issue. Whenever my sim dies, they are basically deleted from the game a few minutes afterwards. There is no option to mourn. Just "Destroy" or "put in inventory". The living sims no longer have a relationship with the deceased sim. They are literally just deleted from the entire game without any proof that they ever existed.

You would probably really, really like the No More Culling mod. You'll find it on Mod the Sims.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,691 Member

This is a massive backward step.
    I don't want mods in my game, so basically I'll just have to get over it.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    jol1990jol1990 Posts: 257 Member
    just one major thing atm... let us lock doors please o.o i dont wanna be installing a mod for that
    mETeT9z.jpg

Check out my buildings on the gallery under my name or on my building showcase! http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/794210/j0l1990-s-building-showcase/p3
    To find me on the gallery, look for J0L1990 thats the number 0, not an O!
  • Options
    jafhsdfjafhsdf Posts: 142 Member
    Like: The game loads super fast! I don't have to set aside time to just load the game. Plus it doesn't seem like the CC has caused the game to lag.

Dislike: Not enough lots or towns. Lack of matching objects color wise.
  • Options
    Simmer724Simmer724 Posts: 106 Member
    > @adamc123 said:
    > Things I don't like:
    >
    > -The map is way to small only 26 lots is too small, when the sims 3 had over 100+ lots and only 4 families when you in a new world and not to many community lots.
    > -No cars, no school bus, no work car.
    > -No edit town.
    > - Too many loading screen for every lot I was thinking it would only be for when you are going to neighbourhoods like sims 3 on console.
    > - No pools.
    > - Teens being the same size of adults making hard to tell who are teens.
    > - No terrain tools.
    >
    > Things I like:
    >
    > - How towns all work together.
    > - CAS.
    > - The gallery.
    > -Chatting in a group.
    > -Multitasking.
    >
    > Edit: miss family trees.

Like the detailed post, very helpful and informative!

Dislikes I agree with:
    -Lots are too small
    -No vehicles
    -Loading screens
    -Teens being same size, and wearing same clothes as adults--they normally don't do that in this day in age ;)
    -Didn't even notice the terrain tool issue! But, never really used it except to flatten lots anyway! Lol

Other dislikes that I have:
    -No toddlers (and all the items that come with a toddler, swing, potty chair, etc)
    -Infant isn't mobile and looks like an alien
    -No cribs, just the bassinet
    -No costume chest
    -No swingsets or tree houses
    -No bunkbeds (I think it'd be cool to have a full size bottom and twin top bunk bed option)
    -Not many choices for smaller, decorative trees in build mode, or variety in bushes/shrubs
    -I hate how long it takes for them to eat food (It doesn't take me an hour to eat a meal)
    -Homework takes a while too
    -And taking a bath/shower takes forever
    -Lack of bed frame/couch/nightstand/dresser wood color options to go with different colors of material (really limits how one can decorate a room--especially those with OCD!!!!)
    -I miss the imaginary friend for kids!

Likes I agree with:
    -How towns work together
    -CAS
    -The Gallery
    -Group Chat
    -Definitely multi-tasking

Other things I like:
    -Sims automatically making their beds
    -Not having to use a hamper (but didn't mind doing laundry once in a while)
    -Create a sim is pretty nifty and easier to mold your sim
    -Build mode is much easier and more fluid to use. I do like that you can change the wall heights, just wish there were more options for windows and doors in the medium and large wall heights (especially that only take up one square).

That's all I can think of for now, I am really hoping that they continue making updates like they have been-but start getting to the more deeply rooted updates please!!!

Thanks!

From your avid Simmer724!
  • Options
    constanceconstance Posts: 1,379 Member
    edited May 2015
    I know it's already been reported, but is the pitch black photo thing actually being worked on? I mean, it's really frustrating taking the perfect picture capturing the perfect moment and then when i start my game back up, they're all black. it sucks, actually.

p.s. also, now that i'm playing, like, a legacy, i'm really missing toddlers. i know it's been said before, but please if there's a way they can come back in an EP or something (not unlike young adults came with TS2 University) that'd be sweet.
  • Options
    mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    I would like it if the Sims team came to the community and asked us if we would actually like a lot of the features added through patches before just putting them in, especially since you can't go backwards from a patch once you get it.

Future content is one thing. If you can't talk about the upcoming ______ Pack, I get it. But recently, features have been added in patches that either really irritate large groups of people or mess up peoples' way of playing entirely. Let us choose what's patched in (really difficult) or just tell us what's going to be patched in so we can let you know if we want it or not. Let us help you with patching. Some things could be really cool if we have a switch or percentage bar for those features, like the alien abductions/pregnancies! Because of a recent patch, the abduction rate was toned down a lot, which made SOME people happy, but made Simmers like me really upset because we weren't getting abductions in the first place!

This is my feedback to the Sims team: Communicate with us better. Let us know what changes you're going to be making if it will alter the game we paid for.
  • Options
    kreatorakreatora Posts: 557 Member
    edited May 2015
    What most hurt me in TS4, it is underdeveloped light. For someone who builds houses is torment. Each house besides the night and evening, when EA sun expires has a different color on each side. The colors in the building panel have nothing to do with colors used on the external wall, and even on the wall inside the house.
    We had such a wonderful light in TS3 that now I can only cry trying to match the color of white on the facade with selected colours from building panel where it is white. Generally white in the game is blue or vomit yellowish, depending on the time of day and area of ​​the city. You can do something about it sitting down with your sim in the yard and try on different hours to check what is color the cursed façade at this moment. . For every lot hour of perfection is different. On first white is white from 16 p.m. to 16.15 p.m , and at the second from 16.40 p.m to up to 17p.m
    OK we do not have a palette of colors , we do not have toddlers, we have no open jobs, which once were - like a painter or a writer, which could sit at home while working and bringing up a child. Instead, France, and Egypt with the pyramids we have Cascades with vermin and fishes, and we have the miserable graphic in terms of colors, what average player probably not mind, but that hurt me a lot.
    I do not believe that the improving of light though similar to that which was in TS3, is beyond the scope of knowledge EA specialists.
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ
  • Options
    DissapointedSimmerDissapointedSimmer Posts: 11 New Member
    - Teens not the same height as adults
    - More useful interactions + more romantic interactions
    - the ability to ground and scold your child or teen
    - the ability for kids to tell on siblings, and siblings being able to beg not to, and bribe the other kid
    - kids and teens helping with chores
    - TODDLERS...ummm hello??? Baby to child?? Seriously?
    - add pre-teen
    - cuddle in bed, kiss in bed, make out in bed?? Bring those back! And add more
    - parents catching their kids in the act and scold them for it or ground them
    - ask to stay over the night with good or bad responses
    - if a teen has a problem the option to talk about it
    - random crying for teens
    - the option to threaten a child or teen to take their things away
    - reading to a child in bed! Hello???? Where is this option
    - thunderstorms, and children being scared wanting to sleep next a parent
    - more toys for kids, not random things that people can't even click on
    - outside toys for kids that teens can use too, maybe hang out on
    - more places to woohoo
    - sims to get hurt and the requirement to go to the hospital, or if another sim in presence is a doctor can help? Child sims can get hurt on the play ground
    - parents be able to cuddle and kiss their teen or young adult. Just because they are Older now doesnt mean they are not worthy of love.
    - silent treatments to other sims, that can last a few days unless you stop it yourself
    - some elders have canes
    - diving board and slides for pools
    - sims sims not being able to get pregnant
    - photographers being able to take family pictures
    - more clothes!!! And 3 everyday clothes etc like sims 3
    - design tool!!!
    - the ability to actually parent, if a parent is bad the kid will be rebellious and rude, if the parent is good the kid will be polite and well behaved
    - lock doors!!!
    - assigned beds!
    - stop sims from coming into a sleeping sims room to play games when there are two more computers in the house in another room, it's annoying!!!
    - more outdoor stuff
    - more interactions for babies, and the ability to hold them while walking or sitting elsewhere, same for toddlers if they're added!!!
    - dishwasher
    - Laundry

And don't add these to an expansion pack for only $59.99!! ( being sarcastic about the price) and I'm sure only 4 of them will be in the expansion pack. These things should be in the base game. Truth is.. You guys are just lazy and don't want to make animations for these, also very money hungry.. It's all about money, not about yours fans! Well that's ok, but atleast meet your fans expectations and please them so they continue to buy your stuff!!!