Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bonus Ads and Google Chrome

Is anybody else having problems getting points from the ads in chrome or is it just me? I've had 10 ads yesterday and 7 never gave me the points. So far today I've had 7 and none have given me any points yet. I've seen more ads since I download and started using chrome than I have using firefox. How do I get the ads to give me the points for watching them in chrome?

Comments

• Options
    leelujackleelujack Posts: 384 Member
    what is the actually problem is the thanks for watching button coming up? if so sometimes there is a delay. If it isnt try clicking play again and give it a min or so.Some ads dont actually play for me it stays blank but after i press the play button i get the points anyway. I have removed ad blocker and adaware completely from the browser i use because even with it turned off i wasnt seeing any ads. I hope this helps?
    4s4partypalacewin.jpg

My Gallery Link

._.·´)¯)£è룵(¯(`·._.

• Options
    wittanthony1wittanthony1 Posts: 1,929 Member
    I am getting the thanks for watching to come up after the ad is finished. Just for some reason my point balance isn't going up. It work for 3 ads yesterday fine out of the 10 I had. I've had 8 now and my point balance hasn't changed. I just downloaded chrome on sunday, when I've updated flash, and have only used it for this site. If I can figure out how to get the ads to show up again in firefox, I'll use that browser again. I used to get 20-40 points a day using firefox upto 3 weeks ago when it got hard to find the ads for some reason. I haven't changed any browser settings or installed anything new.
  • Options
    AlmightyBlahAlmightyBlah Posts: 137 Member
    I've noticed the same thing happening for a few weeks now. I'll be honest, I don't always think to check my SP balance afterwards (nor do I always remember what my balance is exactly so I can check back later to see if it was just delayed) - but when I do make a note of it, I seem to actually get the points from ads around 70% of the time.

Never even occurred to me to try a different browser - I've been using Chrome exclusively for about two years now, but this just recently became an issue for me.
  • Options
    SimsAddiction968SimsAddiction968 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Some ads don't even play for me. So I wait and some will give me points anyway. I've had a couple not give me points but not many.
    HI! My name is SimsAddiction968
    I discovered Sims 1 summer 2001 when my youngest was 1 yr old.
    I bought all Eps & Sps for Sims 2 as they were released.
    I even bought Sims games for our consoles and handhelds.
    I have bought all Sims 3 Eps & Sps as the were released.
    I have held my grandson while playing. He is now 5 and plays FreePlay.
    I have pre ordered Sims 4. I have the Sims 2 mouse and waiting on Sims 4 mouse.
    I have a Freezer Bunny tattoo and a bracelet tattoo of the Sims 2 aspirations.

YES! I am addicted to The Sims no matter the form.
  • Options
    jerriniccijerrinicci Posts: 241 Member
    I only seem to get the ads on Chrome, and I have the issue of many ads refusing to play and never giving me the points no matter how long I wait. I'll hit play and get the play again button after a few seconds. When I hit play again, the bar on the bottom moves to almost the end and stop with the bogus time of 3 seconds.
    a.k.a. Jerrica
    My Page
    My Studio
    My EMPTY Wishlist!
    tumblr_o07kimGeNn1t2ewe0o1_500.png
    I own the store! (Or at least what you can own without spending a dime on simpoints! Many thanks to all the generous people who helped me out!) (last updated Dec 30, 2015)
  • Options
    60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    edited August 2014
    The ads are a little wonky from time to time.

The trick is to just continue clicking play or the dark screen until the popup comes up. Most of the time, I'm able to get the points that way. If they're not added on immediately after, they usually are once I am finished with the following ad, so it'll give me 10 more points rather than five. The only time I haven't been able to do this method was a week or two ago. I think it was with the brand engage ads. The play button wouldn't appear and no matter where I clicked nothing worked, but that problem seems to be gone, now. Anyway, like I said, just keep clicking the play button and it will add the points eventually. - Oh, and I am using Google Chrome, so it is definitely working. I did manage to get, like, over 1400 points since last Saturday, so... ;)
  • Options
    Kaike78Kaike78 Posts: 414 Member
    I use Firefox to check out the ads because for the past few weeks, I have had a problem with the ads on Chrome. In the past, I started using Firefox and had problems with the ads then switched to Chrome. Now, as mentioned previously, it is the other way around.
    "Yes: I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world."

-Oscar Wilde

• Options
    janeDoe001janeDoe001 Posts: 1,159 Member
    They used to play for me on Maxthon but then suddenly stopped. So I opened it on Chrome and it started working again. :D

jD001
    Pokety Poke Poke :D

• Options
    Greenb70Greenb70 Posts: 1,871 Member
    I use chrome,and there are times that is does take a bit for the points to show up.The thanks button does tell you it could take up to 24 hours.I've never had it take that long though,usually within the hour.Normally the points are added though before I even hit the thanks button.
  • Options
    Usually the points show up within a minute but sometimes up to 10 minutes if the points are going to show up at all. I've had 3 ads today so far at home, all of them the five star ads. The first one I got the points within a minute and the last 2 the points have showed up yet. It's weird that sometimes the ads you get the points right a way and sometimes you don't get the points at all.
  • Options
    moochgeniusmoochgenius Posts: 10 New Member
    They say it can go up to 24 hours before you actually get your simpoints but sometimes the ads don't even work in the first place... typical :|
  • Options
    Usually it don't take 24 hours to get the points from the ads. The problem seems to be with the sponserpay javascript script not loading right every time. I'm not sure how to get my browser to load javascripts without problems. Its at home where I'm having problem with the ads, the library I don't usually have any problems.
  • Options
    CRH698CRH698 Posts: 67 Member
    I never gets ads on my game anymore.
  • Options
    alfje66alfje66 Posts: 171 Member
    well the last couple off days at least a got some (Lucky me :) ) but today no adds to be found.
    Not with google chrome or internet explorer or Firefox. :'(
    We started to get some adds since the second week of march overhere, so i was happy to get some free simpoints. Sad if it stopped already overhere.
  • Options
    I've started getting them again on firefox but they seem to have disappeared on me last night once my point balance hit a certain amount. I know I'm no where near the max amount of points you can have on your account. They have started showing up this morning once I bought a couple things off of the dd.