Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,101 Member
    edited May 2023
    Congratulations on winning the established level for your house @Becka28 and for placing @KitelDesigns for BnS 172 B)<3!

Thank you very much for your awesome review of my house and for your suggestions for BnS 172 @BuildnShare B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    Congratulations to all who participated.

I am always Amazed by the Creativity of this group.

Thank you @BuildnShare
    Thank you @coolsim9999999

Everyone have a Plesant weekend..

Diane Pinkus o:)
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    Thankyou @BuildnShare I always value your comments.
    Thanks @coolsim9999999 I loved the uniqueness of your design.
    Congrats @KitelDesigns
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    You're very welcome @Pinkusfamily! :)

You're very welcome @Becka28 :) --- and thanks --- I'm happy you liked the way I designed my house for this challenge! :)
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited June 2023
    bhaXpM1.png
    Expert - BnS172 - Spring Designer Showdown
    @PINKUSFAMILY
    343595860_779698766896156_9029755819009850034_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=FVD6gm_5UGMAX9j2LE7&_nc_ht=scontent.fdet1-2.fna&oh=00_AfD7Bm9AhzrNtuVgySjJ4x2SeetVvqkKI2pMO34GovIRiA&oe=64808DC4
    My goodness… I’m so sorry you had to build two different homes due to your computer crash!! I’m happy to hear you at least got a new laptop out of the tragedy! Kudos to you for your tenacity and double efforts on this challenge! And what the heck… sharks!! Oh my! :o

I agree that this home, with it’s open and multiple deck/patio areas, would make lovely use of the location you chose... being on the water and all! The sunny aspects, large glass windows and doors, and skylights would be very fitting in that setting. I also liked the beige and white tones with dark accents. The landscaping with it's palms and colorful flowers are a lovely touch as well.

This is a home full of personality, character, and interesting detail! I’m happy to hear that you had fun creating it, especially hearing of the challenges you faced getting it finished. Props to you, girl!! 🙂

Suggestions: Sometimes choosing a different roof trim/door/window type/curtain (or adjusting replacement with alt) can help eliminate the ‘peek through’ (like in the master bath - very creative and cool bathroom idea, btw!). It can also sometimes help reduce flickering, though the adjustment process can be tedious, and can also require MOO.
    3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is…. @PINKUSFAMILY
    Td7Tvzj.png
    3gHHX7s.png
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    Congratulations on winning the expert level for your house for BnS172 - Spring Designer Showdown @Pinkusfamily B)<3!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    Thank you @BuildnShare
    I will remember your suggestions.

Thanks @coolsim9999999

Congratulations to all entrants !

Have a Great week all !

• Options
    You're welcome @Pinkusfamily :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    edited June 2023
    bhaXpM1.png
    Expert #BnS 163

@Pinkusfamily
    [img][/img]yhCw2ml.jpg
    Summer Staycation is so stately! The exterior looks like it was transplanted right out of the past. I love that you gave it the spooky lot trait, so fitting for the style of build! What a wonderful idea to try to recreate the real-life house.The landscaping creates great street appeal, with the big tre eout front providing both privacy and shade while not totally blocking the house from view. I like how you included pictures of the real home for comparison, alternating the two views. Great choice of decor, color, and use of clutter throughout - this looks like a comfortable family home. The computer nook is my favorite spot. I bet the cat enjoys hanging out in the condo. The personalities of the two children’s rooms were so distinctive, yet both are perfect for the sims they’re intended for. That telescope on the balcony must give some great views! Great idea to use the holiday lights in the basement. It looks rustic while still being a fun place to hang out. Great job blending the modern elements into the build without losing the colonial feel. Thatback patio looks perfect for entertaining.

Suggestions: Using debug lighting in some rooms would brighten the spaces up without detracting from the style with mismatched lights. A few spaces seemed dim to me- I’m not sure if this was intentional. One of the arches into the second hall seems to be clipping through a wall - you can try to avoid this by holding down the alt key and easing the arch slightly to the left.

@Jazmi1396
    cnoTUs1.jpg
    What a charming family home! The fountain and hot tub are nice touches of luxury outside. Great use of the hedges and fence to provide some privacy to the infinity pool area. You did a great job packing activities into the yard while keeping the area routable. I wouldn’t have thought to use that paneling on an interior staircase, but somehow it works with the brick in the corner. What a great idea to add a greenhouse! The oil lamp on the third-floor desk is a perfect touch. I like how the boy’s and girl’s rooms have common elements - the frog, tree, couch and desk - while still being distinct.

Suggestions: You can use the alt key when placing roofing to make sure the edges line up and half-gables don’t overlap the bottoms of windows. The corner vanity was a clever idea, but is it usable? Also it’s clear one of the mirrors is clipping through the walls. Lining up the two side mirrors better might have helped conceal that. Be careful when using MOO - the bed in one of the bedrooms is clipping through the curtain behind it. In another spot, a terrace window’s shutter is overlapping the door beside it.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .... @Pinkusfamily
    Td7Tvzj.png
    3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    Congratulations on winning the expert level for your house for BnS163 @Pinkusfamily B)<3!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    HVCdrRO.png

Established Results - BnS 173 - Friends from College

@Kiteldesigns
    SaChjbC.png
    The entry porch is lovely and inviting. Love all the flowers in the landscaping. Nice cozy kitchen and dining area (with bills on the counter). Nice touch! I love how the home isn’t too big in scale–just right for the style you were going for. I liked how you included a sound room for playing music or singing. Upstairs is a wonderful floor to ceiling windowed entertainment room where the friends can hang out. I love how you made each person’s professional room bursting with their personality. I especially love the artist’s paint room with the sink for cleaning brushes. And you can tell what their favorite colors are! The writer seemed to like mountains–maybe that’s where they escape to write? ;) The backyard is quaint and perfect for a relaxing time. I like how you put flowers everywhere. Great job!

Suggestions: From the front, the roofing is off center from the middle. In order to center it, make the roof dormer larger or make the middle dormer a bit larger. You’ll have to play with roofing/sizing to make sure everything centers. When placing artwork, use cheat bb.moveobjects on then press the alt key while moving the art so you can place it anywhere on the wall you wish so it doesn’t break into the furniture (eg. you have a picture in the kitchen that’s bleeding into one of the bookcases.)

@Becka28
    vNUYpg8.png
    I love the modern, open aesthetic you have for your build and the levels! Everything is very pleasing to look at and flows well. Nice use of creating planters around the perimeter for entertaining. All goes with each other so nicely. The entrance reminds me of townhouse living and I like how narrow the build is but is built up. Creative use of a table coming out of the counters for more dining seating. Love how you use the windows to give that modern vibe in the living area and set off the art work with wood as a backdrop. The entertainment space is spectacular and I really like how you have a set of stairs going to the bedrooms from there but also have a main set of stairs. All bedrooms and professional spaces are very creative and well decorated showing their unique personalities. My very favorite is the artist’s space with loads of fun artwork, floor to ceiling windows for inspiration and yellow tarp with the artist’s splash tarp over it. You had nice balcony areas on the second floor, too. The outdoor spaces were amazing–I love how you used the stepping stones over the pool area to get to the hot tub. It’s not used as frequently as it should. Great use of the terrain tool and rocks for the landscaping. Amazing job!

Suggestions: I love that you used the rectangle rug for stepping stones but they look a bit awkwardly placed without natural flow. In order to place them exactly where you want, put the moveobjects cheat on then press the alt key while moving the rug around for exact placement which could help them gradually flow to the steps. Also, if you wanted to turn them a bit, use the sims 3 camera mode, then press the alt key and using the mouse, it’ll spin it in any direction you wish. There’s a bit of an awkward flow when going upstairs. There should be a true common area before entering any of the other spaces but the writer has to go through the fashion designer’s space in order to go to their bedroom and other personal spaces. You could have had a back entrance into both the writer’s and artist’s spaces with a little reorganization of the writer’s room.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @Becka28

dW8lW5P.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

Room Challenge

@coolsim9999999
    Z8BIgdG.png
    Love the modern aesthetic of this room! The three friends look like they can have loads of fun here with the screen front and center. Love the yellow colors of the rug and counters–it makes it pop off the gray backdrop. There’s video games, popcorn, coffee, whatever they wish at their fingertips. Wonderful job!
    And the Winner is .... @coolsim9999999
    KMpYnuR.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

Sim Challenge

@Beckablitz
    LPbigdVl.png
    These three truly look the part of college creative friends. Love the poses you used for them! I love how each outfit is color coordinated to their particular style. My favorite is the fashion designer who matches all her outfits with her hair and the backdrop is gray to anchor it. Each look very fun and I could tell they love to spend time with each other with your great pics. Great job!

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @Becka28
    dW8lW5P.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    fcuRqPI.png
    Starting Out Results - BnS 173 - Friends from College

@tatselk
    5m2ntWd.jpg
    The old salt house rebuild is a great idea for the friends from college! You have done a great job on the exterior of this home. Even though there is not much for a front yard you have made sure to add interest to the home by adding pots and outdoor details. You even added a fire escape! The porch looks great with all the hanging lights and many different seating and entertaining spaces. You have done an excellent job on the interior of the home as well. The industrial style that you chose suits the neighborhood, as well as the exterior style of the home. Sometimes this style can seem cold and impersonal but you have done a great job of adding rugs, plants, and extra décor to really make it feel welcoming. Each suite suits the clients needs perfectly; the colors as well as their creative interests. It is a very beautiful home!

Suggestions: I would have loved to see some overhead views of the house, just to get a better feel for the layout. I would also suggest placing the makeup vanity against a wall rather than a window, but overall it looks great!

@manicpot8to
    nHeMe5i.jpg
    Your vintage Victorian home is beautiful! The detail on the exterior really makes this home look spectacular. The spandrels, room trim, vines and different wall textures all add so much to this build. You have done a great job on the landscaping of this home as well. The sculptures, gazebo, and flowerbeds are a wonderful addition to the yard. In looking through your slideshow I love that you added a top-down view of the house, it shows how well your rooflines connect to one another. The interior of your home is very well done. The layout has a nice design and the neutral colors in the shared space suit the home well. The suites for each individual suit their personalities and needs well, and the shape of each room gives each friend their own unique space. The theatre is very impressive and somehow you managed to fit a butler’s suite, snack kitchen, bar and gym in this home as well. Amazing!

Suggestions: Adding some furniture to the gazebo would have looked really nice.

@ForeverTuesday
    UyVuns8.png
    I love that you used your childhood home as inspiration for this challenge, and what a beautiful home it is! The dark exterior along with the bright white trim and details of this home really look wonderful together. The front porch looks great with the rocking chairs, bench and swing for the friends to sit in the shade, and the second story decks are a nice addition to the home as well. The landscaping is very well done with the slope to the patio and the sunken fire pit as well. The interior of the home looks great! The traditional furniture that you used in the dining room suits the style of the home well and your Living Room fireplace wall is an especially nice feature. You have designed a great space for each of the friends. Their rooms all suit their needs and preferences. Each one is so unique and special. It is great that you have even added a spare bedroom to the home. You have added so many nice features and small details to this home to give it that little bit extra. Well done!

Suggestions: The right side of the house looked a bit bare on the first floor. Adding some vines, a tree, or possibly windows would have helped with this.
    **In regards to your stair problem - you will need to place your stair and then fence off the entire section of floor that you wish to remove. Remove the floor of that section and then begin to remove the fence. The floor will reappear and you will need to demolish it again but this should fix the problem. I hope that is helpful.

@Aaleyn
    UbHZxjR.png
    Your desert dream home is beautiful! You have done a great job of achieving a modern look for this home. The exterior colors and textures really work well with the modern style. The landscaping looks very nice and the back patio is great with the added pool and loungers. I love that you have also given each friend their own balcony to enjoy. The interior of the home looks nice. The open concept shared living space has a nice design and the high ceilings make it look extra grand. The clutter items that you have used adds a nice touch and really make this house seem lived in. The media room looks great as well. I like that you even added a space for snacks. The second level is a great private space for the friends. You have given them each a nice large bathroom and have made sure to design their rooms to suit their favorite colors and preferences. I especially like the artists suite, and that you added the easel on the balcony to use outdoors. What a wonderful house for a group of friends!

Suggestions: It seemed a bit odd to have two staircases, each leading to a separate space on the second level. It may have looked nicer to have them come up to one open area.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @manicpot8to

5rQWym3.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

Room Challenge

@tatselk
    fcN7k89.jpg
    What a great home theatre! The industrial theme suits the city nicely and it was great to see that you were even able to add a bar and games to the room for the friends to enjoy as well. The brick walls look nice and the wood slats behind the TV add extra interest. The artwork on the walls really gives this room a great theatre look. Excellent room!

3gHHX7s.png

And the Winner is .... @tatselk

gqYNl7r.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

Sim Challenge

@Aaleyn
    RUGKPbj.png
    You have created such a wonderful group of friends for this challenge. I really like that you gave them all a love for nature. Andy is a delightful artist! The outfits that you have given her suit her personality nicely. You can definitely tell that Kelly is the fashion designer. Her clothing and personality traits reflect that well. George looks great! The way you tied his love for ocean colors with his history is perfect! You have done such a great job creating this group of friends. Tying their favorite colors into their wardrobes was nice to see and you did such a great job describing them in your slideshow. Very well done!

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .... @Aaleyn

kb7fPJl.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Congratulations on winning the established level for your house and Sims for BnS 173 @Becka28 B)<3!

Congratulations on winning the starting out level for your house for BnS 173 @manicpot8to B)<3!
    Congratulations on winning the starting out level for your room for BnS 173 @tatselk B)<3!
    Congratulations on winning the starting out level for your Sims for BnS 173 @Aaleyn B)<3!

Thank you very much for your awesome review of my room for BnS 173 @BuildnShare B)!
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    AaleynAaleyn Posts: 301 Member
    edited June 2023
    Thank you @coolsim9999999 <3
    Congratulations to you too on winning for your room :blush:

Congratulations to all winners :blush:
    Awesome, inspiring creations, everyone!

Thank you very much @BuildnShare for the wonderful reviews and feedback :blush:
    "Where words fail, music speaks" ~ Hans Christian Andersen ♥*♥*♥ My Gallery ID: Aaleyn
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    Congratulations on your wins: @manicpot8to @tatselk @Aaleyn and @coolsim9999999 (love what you did with the lounges in your room - it looked so cosy and inviting - I never thought of setting them out like that + yellow/grey is one of my favourite combinations).

Thank you very much for your review and the helpful suggestions @BuildnShare ! I feel everytime I enter I learn something new.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    bhaXpM1.png
    Expert Results #BnS 165 - Barndominium

@Jazmi1396☆
    q3EXwcw.png
    Comments
    Your barndominium is stunning! The colors you picked are perfect, and help the home blend into the landscape. Creative job with the roofing.The “treehouse” is so clever - replacing it with the new treehouse from Growing Together would actually remove its charm. The bench by the pond is so inviting! Sims will love to relax there on a hot summer’s day. The siwngset being under the bridge was a nice touch, as was the bridge itself connecting the treehouse to the balcony. I love that the girls have t heir own breakfast nook in the kitchen. I like the wallpaper in the living room, which brings a little bit of the outside in. What a cute and clever idea to give the girls’ sleeping aras some privacy with curtains. Great use of platforms.
    Suggestions: I really can’t think of too many suggestions here. It’s probably personal preference, but I think the platform step leading up to the kitchen could have been in gray to blend a little better with the kitchen floor. Als as cute as the playroom is, I think one of the girls would have been unhappy that one of the balloon lights is pink

☆PINKUSFAMILY☆
    cnoTUs1.jpg
    Comments The rustic elements of this barndominium cme through loud and clear. I love the truck parked outside the garage, it fits the vibe perfectly. Love your description and presentation, as if this house really had been renovated. The view from the foyer is stunning. Excellent choice of stairs and railings. The kitchen is so big and homey, and well decorated. The sitting room looks comfy. Smart to put the easel in the home office; it’ll be perfect for taking a break from work. Nice garden and patio areas. The kids’ play area will be fun for children of all ages with a great variety of activities. .The green bedroom is very cute and fun. The main bath loosk so luxurious!
    Suggestions: I would have liked to see more large flowering bushes at the front to break up all the green and brown with pops of color. The barrel planters from Cats and Dogs would have worked too. Tip: When taking screenshots of a room where one section has a 2-story ceiling or no ceiling,hit the Up arrow until the high-ceilinged section is covered, then use Q to go back down without losing the roof. The round window in the full bath is clipping the shower- use the alt key to raise it just enough to avoid clipping.

wAMEr0s.jpg

And the winner is… @Jazmi1396
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    You're very welcome, and thank you so much @Aaleyn :)!

Thank you very much @Becka28 :)! I'm glad you liked my room so much :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    Congratulations on winning the expert level for your house for BnS165 @Jazmi1396 B)<3!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    manicpot8tomanicpot8to Posts: 222 Member
    OmG!!!! THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!! I truly had fun participating and can't wait to do more!v Congrats to All the Winners!!!
    28dul88f8gdo.png
  • Options
    Congratulations to all !
    Everyone who enters a creation is a winner in my book.
    So many creative builders going unnoticed here !
    Everyone should be proud of their accomplishments !

Have a Great weekend all !

@BuildnShare Some of the Pictures owners & Links are messed up..

DianePinkus o:)
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    bhaXpM1.png
    Expert #BnS 166 Fall Designer Showdown

@AfterMidnight13
    Odkl4Gs.png
    Comments: A haunted pirate ship! I love it! I can almost see Captain Redgale and her crew haunting the decks.. I understand about builds that test your patience, and I’m very glad you stuck with this one and managed to finish it. What a great backstory. Great choices of walls, flooring, decor and roofing to give that abandoned, weather-beaten feeling. Good idea to include a treasure room. The living and sleeping areas look as if they’re just waiting for the crew to come back and pick up where they left off. That collection of photos was perfect for the crew’s room - easy to pretend they’re framed treasure maps. The captain’s quarters look funcntional and as comfortable as possible for a ship. Nice touch of femininity with the headboard and feathery plant. An archaeology table for extracting loot makes perfect sense. Those nighttime photos sure were spooky and the lightning strike was very dramatic!

Suggestions: I can’t think of many suggestions here, but since the kitchen decided not to be functional anyway, you could have used debug cheats to create puddles on the floor from a leaking faucet. Also the sky is visible in one of the shots of the crew’s hangout space. I’m not sure if that was intentional, but if not, you can use the Up arrow button to raise the camera above the roof, then use Q to drop back down into the room.

☆PINKUSFAMILY☆
    bnrhZUE.jpg
    Comments: Combining the three towers was a very unique idea. You made it work well for your witch. The floating “spirits” outside make the landscaping extra witchy and spooky, along with the jack-o-lanterns. Love the pond. I wonder, is the crocodile the witch’s familiar or her protector? A houseful of spirits, so spooky! Great choice of decor and clutter, it really says a witch lives here. I love the gazebo, your witch will love spending time out there admiring the views.Beautiful witch’s bedroom, the colors are very fitting for the theme.

Suggestions: I am not sure about the choice of flooring for the front entryway hall, it seems better suited to the outdoors, maybe as a path connecting the main house to the outdoor living room. Could you have picked a plain stone for the entryway, or come up with a backstory for the flowers? That’s such a nice little bar setup, it’s a shame there’s no second stool for a visitor. Was there space for a ladder inside so your witch wouldn’t have to go outside in bad weather to reach her room?

☆pammiechick☆
    EXv0FWy.png
    Comments Clever lot name;, it made me chuckle. Oh, very spooky pool, definite Addams Family vibes .Interesting choice of floor tiles for the front porch somehow they work though, and go well with the window colors. Speaking of which, all the purples, grays, and blacks inside are perfectly chosen. Uh-oh, a strange plant in the dining room! Hope no one gets infected while enjoying their dinner.I wonder what treasures are hidden away in the study. I can see how the picture of the black cat inspired your color choices on the second floor landing. I never would have thought of using the crystal brooms as torches by the bedroom doors, I’ll have to try that. Very nice potions room. Easy to imagine a family of spellcasters brewing up all sorts of trouble in there. What a spooky child’s room! I hope the child isn’t too scared to sleep in there with that giant spider on the wall. Great job giving the teen’s room its own teen look while still tying in with the rest of the house. The backyard definitely looks like a great place for spooky parties, this family will always earn gold, I think.

Suggestions: It might just be me, but I would have liked to see a backstory for why spellcasters are living in Moonwood Mill. Maybe they’re moon casters? Not only does the fence on the second floor landing seem to be a different style and color from the stair rail, it’s not quite connecting to the top of the stairs, which looks odd. This isn’t the only spot where the style seems a little inconsistent, it happens again with the main bedroom curtains.

3gHHX7s.png

And the winner is… @AfterMidnight
    iKWDngG.jpg
    3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    Congratulations on winning the expert level for your house for BnS166 @AfterMidnight B)<3!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Congratulations @AfterMidnight on your creative entry! I loved it!

Thanks for all your wonderful comments and suggestions @BuildnShare ! Very helpful!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    bhaXpM1.png
    Expert #BnS 170 Forbidden Love

@PINKUSFAMILY
    [img][/img]fgFMsAJ.jpg
    Comments I ike how you started with the shots of the rainy day, that really set the mood. The choice of Rustic Residence ws perfect, with that long, winding drive disappearing into the trees. I love those two big trees in the front yard, perfect choice for both sims. The light on the tree stump was the perfect choice. The exterior of the home is so perfectly Windenburg! The living room looks comfortably cozy and cluttered. Sandalio will feel right at home in his den. Love that pass-through area between the kitchen and living room with the breakfast bar on the other side. That dim, unfinished basement definitely would suit either a vampire or a werewolf and the broken dresser was a great touch. The upstairs loft looks like a nice place to hang out. I can imagine reading curled up in that swing. Sandalio’s and Selene’s bedrooms are well-suited to them both. The rear patio looks inviting.

Suggestions: The shots of the garage and parts of the basement are very dark. Consider adding debug lights just for the screenshots or using a photo editing program to lighten them up. The bed in the second guest bedroom is clipping through the curtain - hold down the alt key when positioning beds so you can get them close to curtains without clipping.

3gHHX7s.png

And the winner is… @PINKUSFAMILY
    Td7Tvzj.png
    3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    @BuildnShare ,

Thank you again.
    It is wonderful to see you catching up.

I will keep your suggestions in mind for my next creations.

Congratulations again to all. Such a creative group here !

Enjoy your week all...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top