Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Options
    WildlingWildling Posts: 92 Member
    Hey all, unfortunately will have to skip this month :(

I started 5 different ideas but got 'builders block' this month. hopefully will be back soon!
  • Options
    healthxsimshealthxsims Posts: 58 Member
    edited February 28
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #182-Jack Frost Comes Knocking
    FORUM ID: healthxsims
    ORIGIN ID: Healthsims
    LEVEL: Established
    HOUSEHOLD: Jack Frost & Vern The Dog
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/BGEqO9U
    ENTRY DETAILS: Meet Jack Frost, the new owner of Jack's Vet & Rescue! After losing his bar, Jack decided to make a new business in the neighboring town of Brindleton Bay, and follow his love for dogs. He's looking forward to his new chapter in life - with his new dog, Vern!

-- I'm not sure if it's allowed to give him a pet, but I couldn't resist. I can still remove the dog if necessary. I also decided to make him an adult, as I felt like he'd be one with him having already ran a business before etc.
    Note: Although this entry isn't for the build, I mentioned the business name. I'm planning on it being a vet with a "rescue side", as I thought that could be what a kennel meant. I can also still change this very easily if necessary, if that wasn't allowed!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM Sure
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    Jack Frost, everyday outfit
    JgXGl7z.png

Vern the Dog, a male American Eskimo dog.
    PY3UY9A.png

- Gallery ID Healthsims -
  • Options
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #182 - Jack Frost Comes Knocking
    ROOM: Breakroom
    GALLERY COST: 14 463
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/rp5dRFJ
    ENTRY DETAILS: Here's the Staff Breakroom for Jack's Vet and Rescue! The breakroom has a serene, calming color scheme. It has all you could need, a full kitchen with a microwave and a coffee/tea maker, with a tv to watch and with AC as well!
    Note: Full disclosure, the building has an upstairs that could either be more room for the staff or an apartment. This breakroom is designed to be a full breakroom though.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    View from the left of the room, from the dining table side.
    QTMu8uJ.png

Birdseye view
    l3u8sXd.png

• Options
    edited February 29
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #182 -Jack Frost Comes Knocking
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Tail's End in Brindleton Bay
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/fi-fi/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/91DB8F2531574034AE777FED2D24F031?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Healthsims&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 3000
    GALLERY COST: 192 939
    TOTAL COST: 195 939
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/lMBW9IO
    ENTRY DETAILS: I decided to make a vet and rescue, so here's Jack's Vet and Rescue! If making a vet clinic isn't allowed, please let me know :) It has a vet side and rescue side (with 4 dog rooms but also 2 cat rooms), and on the second floor there's a sort of employee lounge space or could be an apartment as well (I know we can't fully live on business lots in sims, but I still love making these live-in businesses :D ).
    All dog rooms have their own yard space as well, and all the room's spaces can lead to a big animal yard where they can all play together. Upstairs there is a lounge/living space, the office with ensuite, a bedroom for Jack to sleep in when he's too tired to drive home/employees, and there's also a painting room (/second sleeping/bedroom) as I felt it'd be fun to include that since he also loves art.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

View of the lot
    zfEPVWJ.png

Jack petting his dog Vern at the big animal yard where the animals can be taken to play
    HtuU95s.png
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,101 Member
    edited March 1
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #BNS182 - Jack Frost Comes Knocking
    FORUM ID: coolsim9999999
    ORIGIN ID: coolsim9999999
    ROOM: Jack Frost's ArtBreakRoom
    Gallery Link:
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/C378D3295C644E22835B9F64233FC76A?category=rooms&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=coolsim9999999&max=50&maxis=false
    GALLERY COST: §34,999
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    https://imgur.com/a/aoonOng
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Jack Frost just started an art gallery, and this break room has it all, so if you’re lucky enough to work here, they your breaks will not only be tasty, but fun, and you can even paint on the 3 sketchpads in different parts of the room. The art is by my sim.
    He loves each of the 4 nooks and main central entertainment area of his spacious break room, and so do his employees! You can grab a snack at the fridge, crockpot, microwave, stove, or popcorn popper paint on one of the three sketchpads or game in multiple ways! Of course, you can read, check the news on the TV, workout, chat online or just take a nap on the couch in the air conditioned room. Jack Frost may have trouble prying you from the room when it's time to resume work, but he'll be thankful to have such refreshed employees!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Art done by my Sim/NA
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    BqHbI8M.png
    sketchpad 1 time while listening to his favorite tunes!
    QxtxjO4.png
    showing most of the room
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    AaleynAaleyn Posts: 301 Member
    edited March 1
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #182 - Jack Frost Comes Knocking
    FORUM ID: Aaleyn
    ORIGIN ID: Aaleyn
    ROOM: The Break Room
    GALLERY COST: 34,456
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/OFWo5Sd
    ENTRY DETAILS: This spacious break room has a cozy and relaxing ambience and there's everything for the employees to have a nice time on their breaks. There's a kitchen area with a fridge and a microwave oven, and there's also a coffee maker and a tea maker. There's a dining area with a table for six people, and there's a seating area with comfy sofas. There's entertainment as well: a TV, a music device, a chess table + books. The business owner - Jack Frost - likes the color green, so it has been used in the room, and the owner's love for art and for dogs can be seen here too: in the paintings and sculptures. I also imagined that Jack Frost loves nature, so the room has a nature theme in the design.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    bLoxeGS.png
    TOBYacy.png
    Post edited by Aaleyn on
    "Where words fail, music speaks" ~ Hans Christian Andersen ♥*♥*♥ My Gallery ID: Aaleyn
  • Options
    AaleynAaleyn Posts: 301 Member
    I had an annoying problem with imgur: it somehow had "thrown" one picture - which was supposed to be the last picture - to the beginning part of the slideshow, and the two times I tried to fix it, it didn't work, but luckily, the third time finally worked, so the slideshow should now be in the right order.
    I hadn't experienced such a problem before with imgur (I'm always uploading the pictures in the intended order, so that I can make sure the pictures would be in the right order, the way I want them to be).
    I'm only participating to the Room Challenge, this time. :blush:
    "Where words fail, music speaks" ~ Hans Christian Andersen ♥*♥*♥ My Gallery ID: Aaleyn
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #182 -Jack Frost Comes Knocking
    FORUM ID: pammiechick
    ORIGIN ID: pammiechick
    LEVEL: Expert
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Hounds Head in Brindleton Bay
    NEW LOT LINK: Frosty Paws Kennel and Vet
    LOT COST: $12,000
    GALLERY COST: $184,946
    TOTAL COST: $196,946
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/SsYTe9D
    ENTRY DETAILS: I got this inspiration from the kennel I use for my dog. It is a kennel/training center/vet clinic and pet store in one! It's also on huge grounds and caters to a pet's every need. Jack Frost decided he wanted to build a kennel so he decided to do it big! This is a vet clinic plus it has a pet store inside as well. Use this for multiple things as a retail shop or a vet clinic. It can also be a residence as there's a bedroom upstairs as well as an entertainment room and kitchenette. Fun outdoor space for pets too!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes

Pictures: IG8pQkf.png

X1wqslp.png
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    Aaleyn wrote: »
    I had an annoying problem with imgur: it somehow had "thrown" one picture - which was supposed to be the last picture - to the beginning part of the slideshow, and the two times I tried to fix it, it didn't work, but luckily, the third time finally worked, so the slideshow should now be in the right order.
    I hadn't experienced such a problem before with imgur (I'm always uploading the pictures in the intended order, so that I can make sure the pictures would be in the right order, the way I want them to be).

Imgur did that to me too once. With a 600-screenshot album. :grimace: As you can imagine, I wasn't about to try to rearrange that, so I just left it. But it is annoying. I hate the changes they've made lately.
    image.png
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    BNS #182 Jack Frost Comes Knocking is now closed!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    Announcement

With the forum closing, we have decided this will be the last challenge until July, when the new forum opens. Yes, we could continue, but we don't want to lose 4 months worth of posts. If anyone wants to build for fun in the meantime, you can pick a challenge from the Archives.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    Aaleyn wrote: »

Yeah, I experienced that too (this time and before as well). Sometimes it just duplicates the image and throws it to the top though, so there isn't always a need to go through hundreds of pictures :D Glad you got it to work!
  • Options
    @BuildnShare --- It will be fun to start doing challenges for BnS on the new forum in July B)B)!

I may pick something just for fun from the archives, in the meantime :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    bhaXpM1.png
    Attention Expert Entrant for #182 Jack Frost Comes Knocking

Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    MaryKupMaryKup Posts: 119 Member
    Is there a link yet to the new BnS forum area on the new site?
  • Options
    edited March 7
    Click on the "Nominated Threads" tab on the top left of this page. The two main treads for BnS are on the first page right now (they usually are and the rest of the BnS threads are being migrated too, but are not on p. 1). All those threads will be migrated to the new site @MaryKup :).
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    MaryKupMaryKup Posts: 119 Member
    thanks for the info
  • Options
    You're welcome @MaryKup :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    I was wondering when we may see the established results for #182 Jack Frost Comes Knocking @BuildnShare. Please take your time, but let me know when you think the established level may be judged/posted in this thread. Thank you very much! :)
    4kkjdXo.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top