Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Farm animals EP topic

This is an important topic for a pets EP

Seeing how long this topic stays current will show just how important it is. I am curious to see just how many people are interested in this as an EP.

FARM pets Expansion Pack:

-Cats, Dogs, Horses
-Goats, Cows, Chickens, Pigs, Llamas

also the ability to "push/pull" in Create a Pet as you can in CAS.

Comments

• Options
    UtaDagdaUtaDagda Posts: 1,556 Member
    edited July 2014
    YES. As a fan of Harvest Moon series I can say I'd love a farming type deal in The Sims and I think it could actually work.
    Love The Sims? SIMMERSE YOURSELF. Join our community.
    I gave up singing. Sorry.
    Here have my luchADORE to cheer you up.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Options
    StoreAccountStoreAccount Posts: 1,504 Member
    edited July 2014
    Definitely. I made a topic like this some time ago and many, many people said they wanted it.

Here is the thread: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/761767.page
  • Options
    Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    edited July 2014
    Don't forget sheep.

The sims could shear them and do various crafts with the wool like spinning, weaving, felting, knitting, croquet etc.

Or just sell the wool.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • Options
    shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    edited July 2014
    Sheep, cows chickens would all be fun to have in game :-)
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

• Options
    MenshleeMenshlee Posts: 219 Member
    edited July 2014
    YES! I totally love the farming exp pack idea.
  • Options
    HazzaPlumbobHazzaPlumbob Posts: 2,455 Member
    edited July 2014
    If I can push/pull a cow, I'm in! :XD:
  • Options
    Sims201271Sims201271 Posts: 173 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I'd like to see

Sheep/Lambs
    Chickens/Ducks
    Horses/Cows

And not have them on an animation loop.
  • Options
    SimChelle1982SimChelle1982 Posts: 2,666 Member
    edited July 2014
    I totally love this idea. Sort of like Farmville meets The Sims lol, and if anyone remembers how huge Farmville was, I'm sure you can agree this would be a successful EP!

I wouldn't like "sheering" sheep though. :shock: Perhaps sticking to cows for milking and chicken for eggs would be good.
    15172699815_7cdb04275d_o.png
  • Options
    femitche514femitche514 Posts: 124 Member
    edited July 2014
    I would love a Farm EP. I use the chicken coop in The Sims 3 all the time for fresh eggs and a couple of horse stalls in a barn to simulate a farm and of course a big garden of crops. But I've thought often that the ability to add cows or pigs or sheep would be great. I'd like them to be non-playable...different from how a dog or cat is playable...they would just be there to take care of, milk, shear, etc..etc.

Since households can still only have 8 individuals, I wouldn't want them to count toward my household total.

It would also be cool to get some equipment to make farming crops faster...a plow for example, or the ability to hire an employee to come work in the field with your sim.

I don't know...just some thoughts.
    maya_angelou.jpg
  • Options
    samuliinisamuliini Posts: 55 Member
    edited July 2014
    NO **** NO!!! Maybe a store/gallery set like in The Sims 3
    Cats, dogs, horses - Yes
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    edited July 2014
    On the fence.

While I would love a new EP ( and this would sure be a brand new EP ), not sure if the lot size is big enough for a farm style ep. Plus, it really wouldn't fit in a urban neighborhood type setting.

It would greatly enhance gardening. There are a lot of things it could add for crafting/collecting.

• Options
    KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'd love a farming EP with various sized farms. Crops and livestock would be great. I'm just imagining the fainting goats. Or goats who escape from their pens and eat laundry off the line then regurgitate it so it needs to be cleaned up.

Cows and goats for milk, butter, cheese. Alpacas and sheep for wool. Pigs for, well, bacon.

Barn cats, herding dogs, horses to breed and ride. Fun times!
  • Options
    dotsomedotsome Posts: 239 Member
    edited July 2014
    I would love a farm EP.
    Ducks (if they aren't in the base game.), donkeys & mules.

- It would be nice if our sims could milk cows & goats, get eggs from chickens, shear sheep & llamas to get wool & fleece, ect. ect. Maybe dogs can have a herding skill?

- New plants/flowers would be nice, too.
    - A new world? Dirt roads, farm houses, ranches? Sims walking down the community lots in their overalls? :lol:

I am really hoping the animals get new things to do in S4. Trick training all of the animals would be neat. Being able to do agility/obedience competitions with the dogs would be nice. Just standard cat shows for the cats. I would love if the horses could compete in racing and jumping, but also at least dressage, XC, or hunters. Other things I think would be cool are vault, polo, tent pegging, endurance riding or jousting.
    Driving, harness racing, and using horses to farm would go well with the EP, too.
  • Options
    elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    edited July 2014
    Ooooh a Farm EP would be so much fun! I'd just have a bunch of little goats running around~ :lol: I wonder if we could perhaps have a little variety of livestock species as well? Like pygmy goats and the like. I think it'd be cute too if you could have, like, a brown cow that gives chocolate milk, a cow with brown spots that gives strawberry milk or something like that. And maybe after you get chocolate milk you'd get a "How now brown cow?" moodlet (if they're having those in TS4) or something. Silly, I know, but I think it'd be precious :lol:

Either way, I know I've said in the past that I wouldn't mind them taking horses out, but I take it back! I played with them in TS3 again recently and they are just so much fun~ I'd be worried about the lot size restriction, though. :(
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • Options
    allisoneg02allisoneg02 Posts: 2,870 Member
    edited July 2014
    I would love for chickens and cows to be real animals with personalities similar to the cat, dog and horses. In real life I have chickens and they all have very unique personalities, plus it would be really funny to make a loud, evil, aggressive rooster and name him Charles who would terrorize all my poor sims when they go to collect eggs :lol:
    - Check out my youtube channel and my sims 4 legacy on tumblr-
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • Options
    QuizeburioQuizeburio Posts: 1,006 Member
    edited July 2014
    Yes!!! Goats!!! Yes!! :shock:

:lol::lol: I would love a proper Farming EP since the closest thing we got was a few additions in the Store.
  • Options
    justnoskill44justnoskill44 Posts: 67 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I would love a farm ep!!! :mrgreen:

A few things I would like to see in the sims 4 pets/farm/animal ep are:

More jobs that have to do with the pets besides horseman/woman, like animal trainer or even animal day care (similar to the babysitting day care in ts3)

More items to go along with the pets- not just the same old 2 scratching posts that were in ts2 and ts3 for example.

The ability to push/pull in CAP

and most importantly (to me) the ability to design the coat of the animal (spots and stuff) on the animal itself, not on the little diagram on the side like in ts3. That was/is a major pain. at least for me.

lastly (this just popped into my head) Maybe we can get some real or more realistic animal sounds and not the weird human doing an animal impression sounds we got in ts3
  • Options
    SlyBootsSlyBoots Posts: 559 Member
    edited July 2014
    DEFINITELY!! Oh jeez if we get just another 'pets' EP I'll go insane! IRL cats and dogs are amazing but the sims doesn't ever do them justice. I'd love to see an EP with cows and PIGS and sheep/goats etc, plus an option to do crop farming as a profession (kinda an extension of the gardening skill). I think it would be great to be able to choose animal breeds too, like Belgian blue, Jersey, Holstein cows etc., Meishan, Landrace, Pot Belly, Large White pigs and so on... It would probably work out well to have the animals autonomous as well and non-selectable (with the exception of household pets).

Perhaps my expectations are a bit too high for an EP though, I can't see loads of different animals and breeds all being added at once. Here's to hoping! :lol:
  • Options
    Dearra95Dearra95 Posts: 556 Member
    edited July 2014
    This is an important topic for a pets EP

Seeing how long this topic stays current will show just how important it is. I am curious to see just how many people are interested in this as an EP.

FARM pets Expansion Pack:

-Cats, Dogs, Horses
    -Goats, Cows, Chickens, Pigs, Llamas

also the ability to "push/pull" in Create a Pet as you can in CAS.

I think a Farm EP would be great. A lot of fans have wanted this for a long time. I loved they put horses and those cute lil raccoon's in Sims 3. I never bought the chicken coop but it looked cute. I'm always up for any type of EP with animals.
  • Options
    AoralysAoralys Posts: 572 Member
    edited July 2014
    I would love a specific farming EP, but I would actually like it separate from pets. They could add cottage industries so along with farm animals they could add more crops, the tractor like we had in the store, and a whole sling of sellable sim made goodies. They could have the canning station to sell jam, fresh eggs and milk to sell, it could include more recipes so they could have bake sales as well. And then I would also like them to include spinning, butter churning, and bee keeping (like Makin' Magic had), and then throw in sewing along with that so that you could have a truly self-suficiant farmers' community.
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited July 2014
    Add my name to the positive responses! I love the farming stuff they came out with for Sims 3 but a farming EP all in one would be awesome. For those that don't want farm animals, they could make the Pets EP separate. But, I want my Sims to live and work and support their family strictly through farming. Would love all the farm animals mentioned and maybe even the ability to herd cows or sheep. We also need ranch hands to help run the farm since running an entire farm gets overwhelming when you have animals to take care of as well as crops to tend. This type of EP would definitely peak my interest and would be a deciding factor in buying the game down the road. (Have seen nothing so far to convince me to buy Sims 4 at full price.)
  • Options
    lilhunnylilhunny Posts: 1,561 Member
    edited July 2014
    boooooooo
  • Options
    SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    edited July 2014
    lilhunny wrote:
    boooooooo

:lol:

I read this in the voice of Regina George.
  • Options
    KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited July 2014
    LemDoodle wrote:
    Ooooh a Farm EP would be so much fun! I'd just have a bunch of little goats running around~ :lol: I wonder if we could perhaps have a little variety of livestock species as well? Like pygmy goats and the like. I think it'd be cute too if you could have, like, a brown cow that gives chocolate milk, a cow with brown spots that gives strawberry milk or something like that. And maybe after you get chocolate milk you'd get a "How now brown cow?" moodlet (if they're having those in TS4) or something. Silly, I know, but I think it'd be precious :lol:

Either way, I know I've said in the past that I wouldn't mind them taking horses out, but I take it back! I played with them in TS3 again recently and they are just so much fun~ I'd be worried about the lot size restriction, though. :(

They have different breeds in pets, I don't see why they couldn't do a variety of livestock, too.
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'd absolutely love a farming expansion with lots of animals. I really wanted one for Sims 3.

I REALLY, REALLY hope they do one for Sims 4. However, without CASt, the colors for all the animals are going to be pretty limited. Also, I don't have high hopes they'll include horses, since it's a closed world ... so where would you ride the horses?

But things like sheep and goats and chickens would be absolutely wonderful AND still work with a closed world. *Wants*