Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New update making my game crash.

When I start up my game, it seems fine until I press the space bar to skip the introduction. It loads for about two seconds before it just closes. I don't get a "Send an error report" message or anything. It just closes. I have the Indie Stone Mod, if that helps. :(

Comments

• Options
    kayray09kayray09 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I'm having the same issue...I tried to uninstall the Indie stone mod but i'm not sure if it worked or not...but yes, the new update is making my game crash as well :(
  • Options
    simmom65simmom65 Posts: 46 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I have the exact thing going on with my game. I also have the Indie Stone Mod. I'm on hold with EA games now. If I could figure out how to remove the patch, I'd do that. But I can't find where the patch was put to remove it.
  • Options
    PrincessMajesticPrincessMajestic Posts: 116 New Member
    edited July 2009
    If it does work, please let me know so I can uninstall it.
  • Options
    KrammaggKrammagg Posts: 33 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I'm also having the same problem. I can't even get on to play. I tried not skipping the intro, but that didn't fix it either.
  • Options
    PrfctAngl673PrfctAngl673 Posts: 339 Member
    edited July 2009
    I do know you have to take out your mods folder first before installing a patch. Then after the patch is installed, you put your mods folder back and check in game to see if any of the mods work or not. Some core mods might need to be updated for the new patch.
  • Options
    Simfan281Simfan281 Posts: 80 Member
    edited July 2009
    Do you all guys have Mods etc.... Because My Work 100% Fine and My Town I been playing did not got Erase. And I have 0% Mods etc....
  • Options
    KrammaggKrammagg Posts: 33 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I have indie stone mod.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I do know you have to take out your mods folder first before installing a patch. Then after the patch is installed, you put your mods folder back and check in game to see if any of the mods work or not. Some core mods might need to be updated for the new patch.

I'm going to take your advice. I uninstalled the Indie Stone Mod and Core, restarted my computer, and I'm going to try my game now. I just hope none of my families got deleted.
  • Options
    jODZjODZ Posts: 12 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I have the same problem but no indie mod. No awsome mod, and I removed the sensor mod before I updated as it won't update with it in there. Is the slider thing a mod? i'm going to remove it.

edit - nope that didn't help

Edit 2 - i removed the whole mod folder and now it works fine so its just a matter of figuring out which custom comtent caused crash.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I tried removing all my Mods and restarting my computer but it still didn't work. I'm just going to back up my game and reinstall the game. I hate this process.
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited July 2009
    One incompattible mod is the Body Slider Mod from MTS2, as they informed us it would probably be.

Since the patch made changes to story progression, I would also suspect Idie Stone is no longer compatible.

Changes were made to pregnancy so, any mods that affect that may also be incompatible as might career mods since the patch affected those too.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I never had the body slider Mod. I deleted all of my Mods and reinstalled, deleted my caches and it's still not working.
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited July 2009
    Sounds like mine after the first patch, well this one too but, I knew how to cure it quickly this time - try this: ( I know "uggh") but it worked for me and, if it worked before the patch, this should fix it.

Copy My Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 3/Saves to a safe location.

Uninstall the game via add/remove programs or the provided unistaller.

Delete all Sims 3 folders it leaves behind. (Look in Prgram files and My Documents)

Run regedit and delete all sims 3 keys.

Reboot.

Install the game and patch it.

Load the game to Sunset Valley.

Quit.

Redownload all CC, store items etc and install those.

Load Sunset Valley again.

Quit.

Now put the saves folder you rescued back where it came from and - hopefully- enjoy your game.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    rebeld0lly1313rebeld0lly1313 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited July 2009
    the loader won't even let me download items into my game...not to mention that I too am crashing during game load...argh...am NOT downloading patches anymore until this is settled!
  • Options
    rebeld0lly1313rebeld0lly1313 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited July 2009
    those of you that have the slider hack will have to remove it until they can update it(AGAIN!!!) Took the slider hack out and it's working again....oy....
  • Options
    KitaeliaKitaelia Posts: 85 Member
    edited July 2009
    I have Indie Stone Mod and my game kept crashing after skipping the intro movie as well.. I just removed the mod and my game start right up without flaw.
  • Options
    magician1magician1 Posts: 3,098 Member
    edited July 2009
    I have NO mod's and since installing patch my game crashes are more than 1ce an hour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    magician1magician1 Posts: 3,098 Member
    edited July 2009
    What r all these mod's and hacks u people r talking about? AND what do they do???
  • Options
    HayluuHayluu Posts: 217 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I uninstalled indie stone, and the game didn't crash, indie stone is the problem, it used to work just fine before the patch, now I patched my game to 1.4, and it crashes everytime I install indie stone

Maybe I should remove it for good?! I mean they fixed everything, so nothing wrong will happen to the story progression anymore right? I hope so, cause indie stone made the game more ENJOYABLE, that's why I don't wanna leave it, but I guess this is what I have to do :(