The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Library - How to read specific books?

I keep hearing that sims read books faster in the library so it's the best way to have them go there to read X skill book. The only problem is.. I can't seem to figure out how to get sims to read a specific book. If they go to the library they just pick out a random book. How can I send them to the library to find and read a specific book of my choosing? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Maprao2Maprao2 Posts: 13 New Member
    edited May 2013
    You have to click Read... and a list will show up. If it's not there check another shelf.
  • Options
    CatrillaCatrilla Posts: 1,708 Member
    edited May 2013
    depends on the library you are in as to which bookcase (if any) has the skill books in it. Sunset Valley they are in the bookcase that's short and has glass shelves.

Read
    Select the specific book from the pop up window

Sims will not select skill books to read on their own, even when directed to Read Something.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,438 Member
    edited May 2013
    If you go to the library and find these bookshelves you will have the ones that just do strictly skill books.

The Book Corral
    TheBookCorral.jpg

Penningway Bookshelf
    PenningwayShelf.jpg

There is also one that has skills for toddlers, but I can't remember which one it is.
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited May 2013

Some libraries don't have the skill book shelves, such as Bridgeport and Twinbrook. I usually edit those libraries in edit town and add the skill book shelves.