Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Poll: Do you use cheats in your games? (:

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited September 2012
    OMG, I "cheat" from sun up to sundown! :lol:

I always use freerealestate so my sims can move into the home that fits their style. I'll use kaching and motherlode when needed--Fresh Prince cars are expensive! 8) I always bump up certain skills like handiness, fishing and logic. For me watching my sims sit and read books, fish by a pond or stare into a telescope (and risk getting crushed by a meteor) is about as fun as watching paint dry. I will teach all of my toddlers to talk, walk and to use the potty but I'll max their motives so that I can get it all done in one shot.

I never get bored, either. The time I save grinding away at things I hate I devote to the things I enjoy like throwing parties, going on dates, making friends or trying out some aspect of the game that I haven't explored yet.
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited September 2012
    I will admit I do, and proudly do so. But I use cheats for certain things, and they are these. Whenever I make a new sim, I will first pick the house they are going to live in. I will then add certain things to that house, a better bed, some type of transportation, a burgler alarm, and the MultiTab 6000 http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:50554
    I will then go back to where I will pick what sim I'm going to play and give them the freerealestate cheat. This way they are not totally broke, and they have a few things they need. It would be no different than if I had already started one of the other pre-established families in the game.

I will use the stuff in buydebug all the time. I have World Adventures, but most of the time I just don't want to mess sending my sim all the way to China to get that stuff to gain skills in the Martial Arts. Or dealing with my pet's flea problems ALL the time.

I use the resetSim * and the same can be said for the building cheats, especially in Bridgeport. And I have been known to use the moveobjects cheat for times when the game decides to give me a hard time.

• Options
    dark5id3dark5id3 Posts: 2,476 Member
    edited September 2012
    Does a bear.......?? :mrgreen:
    2rxu2ph.png
  • Options
    SuttiPuttSuttiPutt Posts: 3,620 Member
    edited September 2012
    I use it only when I'm building or making the house functional for the sim.
  • Options
    Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited September 2012
    Nope, no cheats for me.
    I have used Resetsim when a sim gets stuck.But I don't count that as a cheat. :oops:
  • Options
    igzigpuffigzigpuff Posts: 2,634 Member
    edited September 2012
    Always! My Sims couldn't "literally" live w/o cheats. Not that I'm a tyrant, but I do have a tendency to forget about my Sims needs when I send them out'n about town. :oops: It's just that I'm having so much fun doing something that I forget my poor 'lil Simies need to eat, sleep, etc. ...silly me. :shock: :lol:
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    edited September 2012
    Nope...I find playing with out cheats that its still too easy to gain simoleons. I prefer a challenge and rather enjoy bringing my sims up from rags to riches.
  • Options
    Samcharles74Samcharles74 Posts: 257 Member
    edited September 2012
    The only time I've used cheats is to unstick stuck sims or to get a ghost off my lot that doesn't leave when the sun comes up.

Other than that I've played without using cheats. I think I like the challenge.
  • Options
    justinadamsgirljustinadamsgirl Posts: 95
    edited September 2012
    I use cheats and play around and use mods for fun on my non-serious households. I try to be realistic and not use cheats and make it more of a challenge on my serious households, though I do still use a couple mods on them for certain things too. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Lady_DexxLady_Dexx Posts: 120 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Yea, I admit that I do but I really try not to. I like feeling fufilled and that I acomplished it on my own but that doesn't happen all the time. I use free realestate sometimes, since I am a horrible house builder. I also occasionally drag their needs up since I have had way too many times where they almost died. I tend to really push their needs to the limit sometimes. Also, depending on the situation I drag their relationship bars up. In my opinion making friends takes forever and is quite tedious. I am pretty good though at not cheating when I play my legacy family.
  • Options
    YouMeAtSixYouMeAtSix Posts: 460 Member
    edited September 2012
    I use cheats all the time :P