The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should I increase my memory to 4GB?

Hi Everyone,

My concern it that I play the sims 3 on my iMac and it lags a good bit while playing on low settings. I have tried many simple solutions such as deleting cache files, removing mods, making sure all background programs are not running, etc. Regardless of my efforts my game still lags.

I have heard that 2GB is really not enough to play even though it is the minimum requirement for Mac. Before I go and buy more memory, does it really help gameplay? Or should I do something else? Thanks in advance for any info.

My computer stats:

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHz
2GB Memory
Graphic card: ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro
VRAM = 256 MB
Hard drive Capacity: 319.73 GB

Comments

• Options
    MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    edited September 2012
    Yes I would go for 4 GB, or even 8 GB if you could swing that, but just 4 will do.
    44444.gif
  • Options
    mattdude411mattdude411 Posts: 108 Member
    edited September 2012
    You have a late-2008 20" iMac, correct? If so, it would be a good idea to switch from 2GB to 4GB of RAM. It will help gameplay a lot, and not just for The Sims 3, it will help for pretty much any application whether it's Safari or Microsoft Word. In short, go for it because it is cheap and will help speed up your computer a lot. But remember to get the right one (I believe its 800MHz).