Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Generations Free Registration Bundle

Anyone else having issues downloading the Free Registration Gift Bundle for Generations? I keep getting an error message.

Comments

• Options
    NoirNoir Posts: 484 Member
    edited May 2011
    what is it? :)
  • Options
    YashuYashu Posts: 2
    edited June 2011
    I do it says: There was an error while downloading content. Please see the Log for more details.
    The Log says:2011/06/11|02:14:58|OFB-SIM3:35966|Store Download Failure. Download manifest server error.||||Build Version: 8.0.152.011001|Platform: PC|Locale: en_US|Content URL: http://store.thesims3.com|Web Services URL: http://igs.thesims3.com|

I do have awesome mod in but when I removed it and undid everything they told me to do in the instructions for awesomemod, then restarted, I still had the same problem, then I installed it again, restarted, the same problem. The only thing I didn't try was uninstalling all the games.
  • Options
    Only1whtrbbtOnly1whtrbbt Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited June 2011
    Yeah, I'm getting the same message, yet I've purchased a few Daily Deals this past week and they all download and install perfectly fine, it's just these three items that won't download.
  • Options
    Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    edited June 2011
    I didn't receive a free bundle. :?

Not that it matters, my base game won't load and I don't remember how to access the digital base game I bought last year, due to the same issues.
  • Options
    murphydaughtermurphydaughter Posts: 203 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I wondered what the 'freebies' were for this EP. And found a link to install from, it's a top for men, one for women, and an old fashioned looking phone. Nothing to write home about. But I can't find that link again sorry, or I'd post, dunno what's going on with it!
  • Options
    YashuYashu Posts: 2
    edited June 2011
    must've been some error with the package itself then, it seems they're working on it if it was taken down from the store. Guess we'll have to wait, I wanted that vintage phone, I love old-time looking items :}
  • Options
    fabulizfabuliz Posts: 1,066 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Nope, worked fine for me. Hope you get it fixed! There's some awesome stuff in there!
  • Options
    CoffeeChick0CoffeeChick0 Posts: 2,294 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Is there a free gift for registering this game? I didn't get any notice of one.
  • Options
    CoffeeChick0CoffeeChick0 Posts: 2,294 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I found the registration bundle and you are correct, it doesn't download. My launcher gives an error message.
  • Options
    savethestarlightsavethestarlight Posts: 350 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Luckily I got to download the items just fine...however, when I am in take and I go to buy the phone in buy mode, when I drag the thing out onto a desk or something the receiver part of the phone is missing. So it is like half of a phone lol. It's so frustrating! Any one else have this issue?
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited June 2011
    Okblondee7 wrote:
    I didn't receive a free bundle. :?

Not that it matters, my base game won't load and I don't remember how to access the digital base game I bought last year, due to the same issues.

Okblondee7

You can download it from the Sims 3 store after you register your game, at least you are supposed to be able to, unless something goes wrong.
  • Options
    pyrannapyranna Posts: 479
    edited June 2011
    Luckily I got to download the items just fine...however, when I am in take and I go to buy the phone in buy mode, when I drag the thing out onto a desk or something the receiver part of the phone is missing. So it is like half of a phone lol. It's so frustrating! Any one else have this issue?

:shock: mines missing the receiver too cant use it to make phone calls lol
  • Options
    SimsFan619SimsFan619 Posts: 1,320
    edited June 2011
    I like the three items that come with the Generations registration bundle. The phone looks great, but unfortunately whenever I put it on a desk, I'm also having the same issue with the receiver missing. Perhaps, they've taken the registration bundle down so they can fix that problem and maybe they'll put it up again later on.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    edited June 2011
    I got it the first time round but had the receiver missing I got rid of it.

Now I get an error when I try to redownload. Not a big deal but it does annoy me. LOL
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    bouquetcatcherbouquetcatcher Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited June 2011
    I can't dl either, same error. I installed generations the day it came out, but didn't think about the fact there would be a free gift. I got High-End Loft Stuff (finally! lol) yesterday and it's little insert talked about free gifts, so I registered and tried to dl but got the error :(. I agree that's it's nothing spectacular, but it is nice, I hope they fix it soon!
    16975504789_dfde933ce1_o.jpg
  • Options
    simzzzsimzzz Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Please tell me what to do! :!: :x
  • Options
    CRYTT1020CRYTT1020 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Same thing is happening to me. Im really getting angry!
  • Options
    mjohemmemjohemme Posts: 20 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I was finally able to download and install the registration gifts today. They must have fixed the issue.
  • Options
    mrswoo5mrswoo5 Posts: 2,143 Member
    edited June 2011
    I did'nt get a link for this bundle either when i registered my game can someone post the link please!
  • Options
    SimDadSimDad Posts: 523 Member
    edited June 2011
  • Options
    mrswoo5mrswoo5 Posts: 2,143 Member
    edited June 2011
    SimDad wrote:

Thank's just downloaded it, really nice of you. :D
  • Options
    SimDadSimDad Posts: 523 Member
    edited June 2011
    You are welcome :D
    aTv8KCZ.jpg
  • Options
    maaniomaanio Posts: 247
    edited June 2011
    Hi.
    including clothes are OK, but Phone...

First time, this phone without receiver.
    Before yesterday, I couldn't re-insatall this free set with error.
    Today I could! and I found receiver but

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

something broken in it?
    Does anyone have the same problem like me... :roll: ?