Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 Profile Icon

Just wondering, I purchased The Sims 3 Collector's Edition and registered it, and I got The Sims 3 icon on my profile. However, Hatshepsut did as well, but got The Sims 3: Collector's Edition icon.

http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/hatshepsut
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/writetheeulogy

This isn't much of a big deal to me, but I'm just wondering why I didn't get the proper icon?
Yes, I am the one obsessed with Michael Myers.
Origin ID: iRetr0
tumblr_ph50sjUexV1r2aobgo3_540.gif

Comments

• Options
    LawertendLawertend Posts: 5,144 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I don't know? Possibly there's a different code, somewhere in the box, not the one on the back of the game manual that registers the Collector's Edition?
  • Options
    wgoochwgooch Posts: 106 New Member
    edited June 2009
    There are a lot of people with this problem, it's not to bad seeing as how the icon makes no difference on the site. However I payed for a glowing icon and I would like my glowing.
  • Options
    IconicIconic Posts: 427 Member
    edited June 2009
    I don't think so; after you posted that, I checked throughout the box and game box and there was no other code other than the Italian sports car and the Vintage one inside the Preorder box.
    wgooch wrote:
    There are a lot of people with this problem, it's not to bad seeing as how the icon makes no difference on the site. However I payed for a glowing icon and I would like my glowing.

Yeah that's how I feel.
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    edited June 2009
    Lawertend wrote:
    I don't know? Possibly there's a different code, somewhere in the box, not the one on the back of the game manual that registers the Collector's Edition?

I used the one of the back of the game manual. Perhaps EA accidently sent out codes which were intended for the standard edition, but somehow got mixed up, or they could simply trying to fix the bugs on this website a the moment?
  • Options
    wgoochwgooch Posts: 106 New Member
    edited June 2009
    knazzer wrote:
    Lawertend wrote:

I used the one of the back of the game manual. Perhaps EA accidently sent out codes which were intended for the standard edition, but somehow got mixed up, or they could simply trying to fix the bugs on this website a the moment?

Wouldn't you think they would be able to fix the problem by simply checking to see if the account has the collector's edition sports car?
  • Options
    lipglosslipgloss Posts: 998 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Even though it's not that big of an issue, I would want mine to be working too. I only purchased the regular edition although I saw the Collectors edition tonight at Target. The USB plumb is so cute. :-o

I hope your issue gets sorted out quickly. I've seen other people post similar things.
  • Options
    SullySully Posts: 750 New Member
    edited June 2009
    EA isn't going to do squat about this, hands down.
  • Options
    LawertendLawertend Posts: 5,144 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Sully wrote:
    EA isn't going to do squat about this, hands down.

Well, probably not right now, but they are working on more important things.
    Getting a Sims 3 Patch out > Fixing Minor Site Issues
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    This isn't much of a big deal to me...

Just to reiterate my post.
  • Options
    GramcrackersGramcrackers Posts: 1,162 Member
    edited June 2009
    I got the collectors edition but didn't know I was suppose to glow!
  • Options
    Aurelia_MezaAurelia_Meza Posts: 116 New Member
    edited June 2009
    i think it has to do with her being Featured i think. maybe that it! :P
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    i think it has to do with her being Featured i think. maybe that it! :P

Perhaps. That sounds more sensible.