Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I felt like infants were missing this ONE thing from their wardrobe...

s_stutlers_stutler Posts: 380 Member
edited September 2023 in CAS Custom Content
And after looking EVERY.WHERE for legit ones, and finding NADA. I decided to make my own!

Introducing BGC, long sleeve (with the shoulder tabs) onesies under coordinated pants! They're found in BOTTOMS, so you can layer shirts and coats and hoodies, and tights, and shoes.. and whatever else you like!

This Community has given SO MUCH to me, and this is one way I can give back to ya'll. I hope you guys love them as much as I do!

(I've got quite a few sets made already, and the short sleeve ones REQUIRE Growing Together, but the long sleeves are ALL BGC)

Find on my Patreon! FREE to all !! https://patreon.com/AmazingMango

peum4yfay7om.jpg

Model Credits:
Skin -BaseGame
Hair -BaseGame
Eyes -It'sGohliad (Quartz Eyes)
Eyelashes - Twisted Cat
Lips - MMSIMS
Skin Detail - Serawis (Puppy)
Baby Booties - Nessasims

kl9wj5na7plc.jpg

i65jvltipmla.jpg

All patterns and colors are taken from Google Searches.

Comments

• Options
    Ninja-Dan22Ninja-Dan22 Posts: 117 Member
    These are really useful, would you ever consider making them as tops or accessories so they could be used with different bottoms? Great work!
  • Options
    These are really useful, would you ever consider making them as tops or accessories so they could be used with different bottoms? Great work!

Oh yes! I definitely considered that before making them as bottoms. (That was my goal when I started)

Still a work in progress! I'm super glad someone likes them as bottoms tho! <3

• Options

Soo. These are the Tops VS Bottoms photos. I've compiled them to show my struggles. LOL.

Mainly, its disguising the bottom of the shirt, so it still looks like a onesie, it alludes me sadly. :'( To me, the onesie as a top just looks like a regular shirt. You agree?

mspa42cmqp4x.jpg

** I did my best to point out the problem areas**
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    I thought I would see if it works if I recolor the diaper. And it does, but its still just a bottom. Soooo :(
  • Options
    s_stutler wrote: »

Soo. These are the Tops VS Bottoms photos. I've compiled them to show my struggles. LOL.

Mainly, its disguising the bottom of the shirt, so it still looks like a onesie, it alludes me sadly. :'( To me, the onesie as a top just looks like a regular shirt. You agree?

mspa42cmqp4x.jpg

** I did my best to point out the problem areas**

Hmmm I'm no expert in cc making (I've only done recolours haha) but if you made it even shorter than the one on the far right would it sit just above the bottoms? as in chop it so it goes above the waistband (but that might be tricky). I'm not sure if it helps, but onyx sims has a long sleeve onesie and bottoms set that has it http://onyxsims.blogspot.com/2023/07/brennan-set.html but I have no idea how they did it! I admire your dedication to making it look right, I think I would've given up lol
  • Options
    (I've only done recolors too! haha!) .... and that is why this is SO hard. Because I'm using the existing shirt, to attempt to make it a onesie. But... you just gave me an idea! What IF... I put the onesie OVER the shirt ??? Hmm... it will still use the Mesh for the "shirt" ... but the recolor will have it OVER it.

Because when I did the pants, as the bottoms, I used the pants mesh, and then just put the onesie with it, and the game recognizes it as "skin" which is why its so tight, and looks so good, Buuuuuut. its in the pants category, and it worked PERFECTLY!!!

(I'm going to try that tonight) and update you!

Also.. came here to add, My testers have confirmed BOTH the long sleeves AND the short sleeve sets are actually BGC !! Growing Together is NOT required !!!! (Currently in the process of updating my Patreon with this news now. haha)

Thank you so much for your insight! I'm hoping... it might just work!
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Oooh yes! I love that she made a set like that! She's using different pants than I'm using, and her onesie top is baggier than mine. I think she recolored the top. I'm going to try that, but (like I mentioned) I'm going to overlay the other Onesie over it, and see how that works..

Mine is tighter, in the bottoms one I made, because its literally, not a part of the Mesh... but the game recognizes that it is! :D
  • Options
    (I've only done recolors too! haha!) .... and that is why this is SO hard. Because I'm using the existing shirt, to attempt to make it a onesie. But... you just gave me an idea! What IF... I put the onesie OVER the shirt ??? Hmm... it will still use the Mesh for the "shirt" ... but the recolor will have it OVER it.

Because when I did the pants, as the bottoms, I used the pants mesh, and then just put the onesie with it, and the game recognizes it as "skin" which is why its so tight, and looks so good, Buuuuuut. its in the pants category, and it worked PERFECTLY!!!

(I'm going to try that tonight) and update you!

Also.. came here to add, My testers have confirmed BOTH the long sleeves AND the short sleeve sets are actually BGC !! Growing Together is NOT required !!!! (Currently in the process of updating my Patreon with this news now. haha)

Thank you so much for your insight! I'm hoping... it might just work!

Good luck!!
  • Options
    Soo- I have good news. And I have bad news.

The Good News: I was able to make "what appears to be" a onesie top. :)

The Bad News: It only works with certain pants. :(

I also tried to "trick" the game, by making it the "nude top mesh" ... and you can only find it, if you remove allll filters. (Which is kind of annoying imo) - the onesie over the shirt, doesn't work, because the game recognizes the shirt, and places the pants UNDER it, so you end up with the diaper snap part, OVER the pants! D:

I took some pics of the Good and Bad news. But.. I'm abandoning the idea of onesies as shirts now. Unless they change some features, make it so you can place pants OVER shirts, its not really an option the way things are laid out.

(However) This has inspired me, to now look into "side snap tees" like newborns have on in the hospital, with their diapers. So that is my next area that I'll be focusing on. I also have finished a "Welcome Baby Side Snap Onesie Collection" ... in pastel and dark pastel colors, that I'll be releasing in the near future!

Thanks for chatting back and forth with me on this. You seem like you're one of the only ones whose really interested. (Tho) I know that is not the case, because it was because of the "WCIF" a onesie with pants ... in the various Sims FB groups, (and my own wants) that I was even inspired to take on this task at all. LOL. Soooo I KNOW they're out there! ...just not exactly sure where now. lol

ll9vev0cjb0x.png

On another note, I just released my Onyx set in the connected pant onesies! And I'll continue to add more collections in that series over time! Hopefully, someday, we can get the true freedom we all want, but at this time, its on EA's end to make the change. :'(

mtge1cl3nhc5.png

• Options
    I think it looks good! Clipping seems to be inevatiable for making tops or bottoms in sims 4 unfourtunatly :s . No problem about chatting, I'm really surprised there wasn't somehting like this in the game already! Although maybe the sims team couldn't make it without clipping either lol.
  • Options
    I made it, and put it in my game, to test, and have decided to keep it. I've been using it constantly.

With your feedback, I'll consider releasing it. (in many more colors too) :D
  • Options
    I just wanted to post an update, and get your opinion. I'm not sure if I want to release this or not. I'm not sure it looks that great, and I'm not sure if other Simmers would really appreciate it. (I mentioned the long sleeve t-shirts with the snaps, that babies get in the hospital, a few exchanges back)

WELL. I have a photo, and a working recolor. I'm pretty happy with it, I mean for personal use.
    But. I'm on the fence otherwise. I want to be able to roleplay my Sim mothers being in the hospital. Now that Pandasama has a hospital bed we can sleep in, with her Realistic Childbirth mod... so that is why I made it.

But.. yeah, Idk. What do you think? rwbydrm0jvxe.png
  • Options
    I just wanted to post an update, and get your opinion. I'm not sure if I want to release this or not. I'm not sure it looks that great, and I'm not sure if other Simmers would really appreciate it. (I mentioned the long sleeve t-shirts with the snaps, that babies get in the hospital, a few exchanges back)

WELL. I have a photo, and a working recolor. I'm pretty happy with it, I mean for personal use.
    But. I'm on the fence otherwise. I want to be able to roleplay my Sim mothers being in the hospital. Now that Pandasama has a hospital bed we can sleep in, with her Realistic Childbirth mod... so that is why I made it.

But.. yeah, Idk. What do you think? rwbydrm0jvxe.png

ohhh i don't use that mod, but i think people would find it useful! there's not any infant cc i've seen that fills that purpose.