Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can anyone install Sims 2 Pets and University?

ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
I’m playing a lot of Sims 2 due to the EA App frequently playing up. I managed to get most packs for Sims 2.

Yet I cannot install Pets or University. 🤷🏼‍♂️ Everything goes okay until when it comes to checking for updates at the end, it freezes. I’ve been online/offline. Nothing seems to trigger the final sequence to actually install them.

I often cannot try again, as if the disc doesn’t get recognised. I have to hunt for a new disc but the same thing happens.

I even tried a suggestion on EA help of making a folder ‘Disk Images’ but the same thing happens. It’s just these two packs. I can live without University, (although that’s the pack with the electronics and treadmills!) but I really miss my Pets a lot.

I’m using my computer with Windows 8.1. Is there a known issue? I was unable to find anything when I researched.
Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞

Comments

• Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    edited August 2023
    You'll need to find and install the base game's patch in order to install any of the expansion packs.

The installer tries to connect to the long since taken down Sims 2 site to get the patch, which is why, when it fails, it uninstalls the game.

Once you patch, the installer will be able to see that you've already updated and will proceed to the next step instead of erroring out and uninstalling the game.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    You'll need to find and install the base game's patch in order to install any of the expansion packs.

The installer tries to connect to the long since taken down Sims 2 site to get the patch, which is why, when it fails, it uninstalls the game.

Once you patch, the installer will be able to see that you've already updated and will proceed to the next step instead of erroring out and uninstalling the game.

Thank you. I will try this. I really miss having pets in my houses.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞