Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

:: Question About Saves with CC/Mods ::

This question may sound like a dum-dum question considering how long I've been playing this game.

But, if I save a game and I'm using CAS CC and B/B CC. That only effects that save, correct?

So for example, let's say I remove all of my CC/Mods, start a new game and save that as a new save.

Then, if I put my CC/Mods back in and go back into the save that I was playing that uses both CAS CC and B/B CC, that save will still be safe, correct? I mean, it wouldn't have been effected by me saving a different game when I had no Mods/CC in my folder?

I just don't want to go through the trouble of decorating my lots and dolling up my sims with CC, only to have them bald and nekkie with missing items on the lot the next time I load that save.

I know if I removed my mods folder and opened the save that had originally been saved with Mods/CC and saved again, then of course the next time I loaded that save with my mods/CC they would no longer have the CC on them because I saved that game again when I had no CC/Mods installed.

Comments

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,698 Member
    I would like to say yes, you are safe. But I don't really know for sure. A save will not notice missing cc until you run that save. But when I play I might do several saves during the same session, and for all I know, maybe the game will save some info from he BB/cas catalogs even if those objects are not used. I think the safe itself is what counts, but easiest way to check this would be by saving with cc, then remove mods folder etc.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,829 Member
    Yes you are correct. It would be safe to do so. Just make sure you don't save game with the missing CC/mods if you don't want things auto replaced. This is why people usually make a second CC/mod free game folder to switch between. Just name that second folder not in use something like The Sims 4 Vanilla then remove Vanilla and rename the other game folder when you want to switch.... if that makes sense. :smile:
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Thank you so much! That makes me feel better!

I'm actually trying to "play" instead of just loading the game and renovating lots or doing make-overs.

I created a world save file with all of the houses and community venues I liked awhile ago and I'm happy with it and my pre-made makeovers.

But while playing (and attempting to play rotationally) I'm finding that some of the lots I placed are not user friendly for me when I go to play those households. They look good on the outside, which was why I D/L'd them, but inside some of them are a cluttered, jumbled mess of things that make it really hard for me to keep track of my sims or the layout of the house is odd and I keep forgetting where certain rooms are.

So, I'm placing down new lots that I like the layout/floor plan but they need some updating and I'm finding it extremely hard to find things that match the style/look I'm going for with just EA items (NOTHING MATCHES!!!!) I mean, hardly any tile floors match tile walls. Tile walls are hidden behind counters so it doesn't even look like there's any type of backsplash or tiles. There's doors and windows that came in the same pack but not all swatches match.

It's driving me bonkers, so I'm loading up my CC to rectify that, I just wanted to make sure that this particular save is safe and sound the next time I load the game vanilla as long as I don't actually load that save. I always move my TS4 folder to my desktop and let the game generate a new one any time there's a new pack/patch.