Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

:: QUESTION:: Neighborhood Stories and Filling Empty Houses

I have a question regarding how the game fills empty houses.

I made the stooooopid mistake of not shutting off the neighborhood stories in the Gameplay options prior to redoing all my worlds so I could create a world save template. Boo!

I had gone through each world and evicted every single household and placed entirely new lots in every single world, so I could decide who got to live where.

Well, I've actually been playing for few days (and saving the game) and every single neighborhood now has NO EMPTY HOUSES, and not only that, they're not even my sims, it's all of the pre-made sims that I had previously evicted from the worlds!

So those same sims I wanted to get rid of are still in my worlds, just now they live in different worlds.

Can anybody tell me where the game pulls the housesholds from to fill the lots? Are they from MY HOUSEHOLDS or from the OTHER HOUSEHOLDS section?

I did not do anything with these sims when I evicted as I was setting up my world save template, so I'm sure they're all "hearted" in MY HOUSEHOLDS, but I want to make sure if I "un-heart" them, that the game still won't still pull sims from my OTHER HOUSEHOLDS to fill lots if I am not quick enough to do it.

Will the game pull sims from library at all? I have probably 1000 sims in my library, plus I D/L'd a bunch of "special" NPCs to fill the required rolls because I'm sure most of the sims I downloaded to fill my worlds with don't have the required skills.

Comments

• Options
    Evee95Evee95 Posts: 66 Member
    I am not 100% sure how Neighbourhood stories works as I always use MCCC - do you use that? You can set it not to fill houses and to populate the world from your library.

Also, if the sims aren't marked as "played" by you going into the household at least once, from my experience the game treats them no different whether they are hearted or not.

Don't quote me on this its just what I have noticed for myself but I'm not an expert.
  • Options
    QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    You got separated settings for played households and unplayed households when it comes to neighboorhood stories, if those you don’t want to move in to be unplayable households then unmark in the stories on that side.
    I hope I explain in an understandable way.
    The game always moves in homeless sims no matter if they’re played or not if both of them have moving in enabled :)
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Thanks @Evee95 I do have MCCC just never tried to set up population or anything like that, so I will look into it

Thanks @QueenSaraphine I'm pretty sure that I never turned anything off, so it was probably set to both MY HOUSEHOLDS and OTHER HOUSEHOLDS, so I will for sure check that
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,973 Member
    edited November 2022
    Hi @Chicklet453681 ,
    For Neighborhood Stories there are a few levels at which you can adjust settings.
    1. Overall toggle On/Off for the whole system in Gameplay Options. Sounds like you already found this one.
    2. Settings for specific life events for My Households: Go to Manage Worlds > Household Manager > My Households > Arrows button in top right corner.
    3. Settings for specific life events for Other Households: Go to Manage Worlds > Household Manager > Other Households > Arrows button in top right corner.
    4. Settings for specific life events for individual households: Go to Manage Worlds > Household Manager > find the household you want to adjust > arrows button right by the household's picture.

If you want no one to move into houses on their own at all, but you do want other life events to happen to them, you should turn Move In off for both My Households and Other Households (see under 2. and 3. above).