Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Origin going mad

Has anyone had a problem with Origin? I had to change my password and now it’s putting back the packs I left out from the last reinstall two years ago.

I got a voucher and bought Decor to the Max. The lag was awful on loading and I noticed all the stuff and game packs I disabled were back also two packs I left out. I got no download in progress notices though.

I am very nervous of going over to the EA App. Any advice or help would be appreciated.
Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞

Comments

• Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    The Ea App is horrendous

It wants to connect to PS , Xbox and Steam accts you have

Then when you exit the sims game it pops up once more , I have no idea why they changed it but it seems to be to nosey and try and find out all your games and to give it a fancy name , Mine has connected itself to my PS 4 acct and wont let me disconnect it
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    The Ea App is horrendous

Then when you exit the sims game it pops up once more , I have no idea why they changed it but it seems to be to nosey and try and find out all your games and to give it a fancy name , Mine has connected itself to my PS 4 acct and wont let me disconnect it

They definitely need to fix this.

I uninstalled and reinstalled and that seemed to work. I had to put the kit in again like it didn’t remember I’d done that.
    Do I need to do that with with every new purchase? 😱 🤷🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️.

• Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Except for issues with older games at the moment I love the new App. Having no problems with Sims4 on it at all.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    The Ea App is horrendous

Is the EA App opening when you start Steam? I don't want it opening in the background when I play my Steam games.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    Except for issues with older games at the moment I love the new App. Having no problems with Sims4 on it at all.

I haven’t tried the older games yet. I’m going to have to soon. I still loving playing Sims 3.

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    I'm having no issues with it at this time, either. Sorry, you're going through this. Yikes.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »

I haven’t tried the older games yet. I’m going to have to soon. I still loving playing Sims 3.

3 is definitely having issues with the new app and even Origin. They are working on. I managed to get it back running on app but some things missing and even some you install soon disappear. Its a bit of a crap shoot I'm afraid. However Sims 2 works fine., Go figure
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    I am not willing to consent to being forced to having all my game accounts across platforms synced up with each other. I have backed up copies of what I need to make it possible to play without ever letting my laptop go online again if that's what it takes. I'm not above keeping one dedicated machine permanently offline for my sims hobby if that's the only way I can play in peace.

You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,663 Member
    edited November 2022
    Origin re-installs my packs EVERY single time I click Sims 4 icon BUT it is random whether it installs them all or not, freakin annoying. Oh and half my Sims 3 stuff is missing, expansions, venues, worlds.
    graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    The EA app went a bit crazy second to last load, saying it was installing all my packs and I couldn't play. So I exited and tried again and it was back to normal. Gave me a nice fright night for Halloween.
  • Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    I still have yet to be asked to be changed over to the app. There's a window that keeps coming up now saying "later this year origin will be switching to the EA app" . Um, it's November, there's not much of the year left. Origin seems to be working at the moment so maybe it's happening in December?

I have experienced the game getting stuck on the loading screen and had to restart my computer a few times recently but not sure if that's Origin or my internet connection in general.