Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Forum Collab Basegame Save File Project COMPLETE!

Comments

• Options
    HomeMamaHomeMama Posts: 484 Member
    HomeMama wrote: »
    @Aaleyn Thank you!

@abelhinha35 I *think* the only things left are the two lots for Rec Centers. If you'd like to build one of those, that would be perfect.

I will give it a try. @Homemama what style and size do you want them to be.

Awesome! The one in Willow Creek that's left, I think it's 40x30. Or the one in New Crest that's near the hospital, I think 30x30. Either of those would be a great Rec Center.
  • Options
    abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member
    @Aaleyn Thank you!

@abelhinha35 I *think* the only things left are the two lots for Rec Centers. If you'd like to build one of those, that would be perfect.

I will give it a try. @Homemama what style and size do you want them to be.

Awesome! The one in Willow Creek that's left, I think it's 40x30. Or the one in New Crest that's near the hospital, I think 30x30. Either of those would be a great Rec Center.

Great, will start on it after the base game update tomorrow :)
  • Options
    @abelhinha35 Thank you!! I can't waiiiiit for the update. :D
  • Options

I'm playing around with a rec center in New Crest for the 30x30. I don't think anyone's called that one, right? If you have, please let me know.

So I won't be finished until the update gives us all the new infant stuff, but I'm working on the outside today.

[img][/img]Screenshot-2023-03-13-at-5-12-14-PM.png

Since there was a modern hospital and an older apartment, it actually looked a little funny to have the police station cream color. It looked like one side of the street was old and the other new. So, I changed the color of the police station to match the older style, so that the hospital was the only modern looking building, which would make sense. A town would prioritize updating a hospital before other buildings.

And the back:

[img][/img]Screenshot-2023-03-13-at-5-12-40-PM.png

And New Crest is almost finished!!!

[img][/img]Screenshot-2023-03-13-at-5-29-06-PM.png

[img][/img]Screenshot-2023-03-13-at-5-15-53-PM.png

• Options
    It's looking great @HomeMama :)
  • Options
    Thank you!
  • Options

Oh my goodness, the infant update is here!! I'm so excited!

Here's my rec center for New Crest, even though I don't see a base game lot type for that. I'm about to turn back on all of my owned stuff so that I can start a family. But I wanted to get this finished first.

[img][/img]Screenshot-2023-03-14-at-3-03-38-PM.png

[img][/img]Screenshot-2023-03-14-at-3-03-46-PM.png

Off I go to play with infants!
  • Options
    AaleynAaleyn Posts: 301 Member
    @HomeMama your rec center looks great: lovely place for sims of all ages and cute areas for children, toddlers and infants! And the updated Police Station/Post Office building looks very good too :blush:

I've been more busy than I thought I'd be so my schedule with the Modern 20x30 lot got little bit delayed, but now that the base game infant update is here, I can use the great opportunity and make this house suitable for a family with an infant. I already planned this house to be a family home, and I've been decorating it that way, but now that the house is almost ready and I have still few bedrooms to decorate, one of the bedrooms will be a nursery for an infant :blush:
    I'll post the house here later today.
    "Where words fail, music speaks" ~ Hans Christian Andersen ♥*♥*♥ My Gallery ID: Aaleyn
  • Options
    And New Crest is almost finished!!!
    [img][/img]Screenshot-2023-03-13-at-5-29-06-PM.png

Newcrest is looking very good and soon it's gonna be finished - awesome! :blush:

@abelhinha35 your modern house is beautiful, and the Library is wonderful too :blush:

"Where words fail, music speaks" ~ Hans Christian Andersen ♥*♥*♥ My Gallery ID: Aaleyn
  • Options
    @Aaleyn Thank you! I haven't been in the mood to build lately, which is odd for me. Usually that's all I do, but lately I've been playing more and building less. But with the infant update I had a surge of building bug and went ahead and built the rec center.

I think it's awesome that you're going to make one of your rooms fit for infants. I might revisit my other houses and see if I can make a few changes. And I know the church has a nursery, so I might go back into that build and update it too.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Here is the Modern House, finally :blush: Sorry that it took more time. I finished the build on Wednesday evening, but when I was trying to connect to the Gallery to upload the build, I couldn't access the Gallery, so I then would have uploaded it yesterday, but yesterday I couldn't play my game at all because there was some issue with the EA App (the EA App didn't work at all, it kept saying "Temporarily lost connection" etc. and the problem was in the EA App itself, since there were no issues with my internet connection. I did many things to try to solve the issue but nothing worked). It was very frustrating :( But luckily today everything seemed to be normal again and I was able to access my game! :blush:

Submission Entry Information:

1. Your Gallery ID: Aaleyn
    2. Your forum name: Aaleyn
    3. Permission to use this specific build/sims in my save file (with acknowledgment of you, the builder, if selected.): Yes
    4. Category you want this build considered for: Residential lot, Modern House for Newcrest
    5. Constructive Criticism Yes/No (from other forum users, not just me): Yes
    6. (optional) Links to slide shows, your personal blog/YouTube channel (sims related only)
    7. (optional but also helpful) Link to gallery entry:
    Gallery Link:
    https://www.ea.com/en-au/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/854D18D9C4BE11ED8E6989F004CCB65B?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Aaleyn&max=50&maxis=false
    8. Title of your Build: Modern FamilyHome - BG

3uaG2yE.png
    CV6e0mA.png
    qM4xZH8.png
    T72OUSI.png
    Interior: Downstairs:
    46R1MOK.png
    pPmj7fb.png
    axwDwKk.png
    IEIlkVF.png
    Interior: Upstairs: Hall/lounge area:
    PaJapFL.png
    Ol8DSOx.png
    Interior: Bedrooms:
    Master Bedroom:
    u5p5flB.png
    Nursery for an infant:
    RtjmI8J.png
    Bedroom for a toddler:
    9UwURd4.png
    Bedroom for a child:
    EyqFCTO.png
    Bedroom for a teen:
    NPRAXO3.png
    Bonus Bedroom, can be for grandparents or a guest room etc:
    ekBt5Aa.png

Post edited by Aaleyn on
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    @Aaleyn Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry you had all of those problems. I haven't been on the forums all day, anyway. I've been busy playing with infants and the new pack.

I love your build! It looks great! I love how you've added the infant stuff. So cute!

I hope everything smooths out with the EA app. Right now, I'm really glad I have a Mac and get to stick with origin. I can't believe all the problems they're having with it. But I guess anything new has kinks to work out.

Have a good weekend. I'll have your build downloaded to the save soon.
  • Options
    Thank you @HomeMama :blush:

Yes, there has been problems with the EA App, I also noticed when I was trying to search information for the issue that I had, that many players have been having the same problem, and other issues too.
    I miss Origin, I rarely had issues with it.
    But hopefully EA App will be getting better and there would be less problems occuring.

The infants are lovely! And great that there came many cute items for the Base Game with the Update. I don't have the new pack yet, I'm planning to buy it later at some point, but it seems wonderful.

Thank you, have a good weekend too :blush:
  • Options
    I think I am done with the rec center 40x30, just need to play test quickly :)

vbgiHkf.png
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    @abelhinha35 Oh very cool! I love the mirrors on the outside. I love having a new type of building for the base game, although I'm not sure it's officially in base game or not. I couldn't find it in lot types. But even if there's not, we can still put it in general and name it a community center.

@Aaleyn I sure hope it gets resolved quickly. The new pack is so worth it!! It's just beautiful having all the milestones. I can't wait until it goes on sale so more people can have it. My hubby gets me packs instead of flowers, lol, so I get them fast.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Thanks @HomeMama, I couldn't find the Rec Center either. I don't think it's for the base game, I made it a generic lot :(
  • Options
    1. Your Gallery ID - Issabella14
    2. Your forum name - Abelhinha35
    3. Permission to use this specific build/sims in my save file (with acknowledgment of you, the builder, if selected.) - yes
    4. Category you want this build considered for. Recreation center 40 x 30 (NewCrest)
    5. Constructive Criticism Yes/No (from other forum users, not just me) - no
    6. (optional) Links to slide shows, your personal blog/YouTube channel (sims related only) - none
    7. (optional but also helpful) Link to the gallery entry: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/6A8C62E2C64011ED8A5789F004CCB65B?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Issabella14&max=50&maxis=false
    8. Title of your Build: Recreation Center

yrjJlz3.png
  • Options
    Thanks @HomeMama, I couldn't find the Rec Center either. I don't think it's for the base game, I made it a generic lot :(

They really should have made it a base game lot, but oh well. It's easy enough to put it in there generic.
  • Options
    @Cavapoo_King Are you still working on the 30x20 house for Newcrest? If not, it's fine. I was thinking of leaving one lot blank so that a player can hop into the game on an empty lot. But I don't want to miss out on your build, if you're almost finished with it.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    I'm working on renaming some of the builds to reflect their personality or position in the town, so that credits will be easier to recognize the builder. I have to fit all the credits in a limited space in the town description, so it was easier to have some neighborhoods with numbers and the same street name, for example. We're almost finished!!

@Cavapoo_King is your build ready? And also, the pointy house in NewCrest doesn't have a yard. Do you want to put in landscaping? Or can someone else spruce it up (if you prefer)?

Question: There's only 2 sims in the save file that aren't Maxis builds. Should I leave them or remove them? And should I move the maxis premade sims back into homes or just leave them favorited?

Edited to add:
    Figured out it would be easier to not move sims into houses. When a sim moves in, the house name reflects the sim name instead of the lot name, which ends up wiping away the credit for that house. So, I'll leave sims in the favorited households, but not move them in.
    Post edited by HomeMama on
  • Options
    TheStrongOneTheStrongOne Posts: 15 Member
    Oh, I love this! Esp as someone who has only base game and get to work :) Appreciate all the people who still make base game buildings.
  • Options
    @TheStrongOne Oh thank you! I'm so glad you like it. The save file will be ready very soon. Do you know how to download a save file?
  • Options
    TheStrongOneTheStrongOne Posts: 15 Member
    > @HomeMama said:
    > @TheStrongOne Oh thank you! I'm so glad you like it. The save file will be ready very soon. Do you know how to download a save file?

oh, exciting!! Good question. I know how to download CC, so if it is different than that can you direct me a good resource to walk me through that?

Also, will it just adjust every new save file with updated housing in the save file, or is it a one time manually have to set it up?
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    @TheStrongOne I'll finish the save file in the next week, I hope, and I'll share a link to the save file. LilSimsie has an instruction video that explains it, if I remember right. It's really very easy though. It's not a mod or cc, but it's in a folder near there called "saves", on your computer. The same way you get to your "mod" folder, you can find your "save" folder. When you download it, it goes on your computer and you drag it into your "saves" folder. It then becomes one of your new saved games when you start playing.

It doesn't change or update. Except when you start playing it, then it's just like the rest of your saved games. When you save it, it remains as you last played it. It's as if you built all of those houses, but you didn't have to. But it's not a mod, so it won't break like a mod when a new game comes out. The only thing ever broken is something that we left unchecked or untested, and it's just a mistake like any of us would make, like downloading a house on the gallery without putting a move object cheat on first. It's no big deal.

The save is the game I've been playing (just one of them, because I have all of the packs and had to turn them off in order to do this). It's my game, just like you have saved games. And then I downloaded these other forum member's builds to my game, just like you would download a gallery build. When it's complete, probably this week, I'll upload my saved game to a website that is especially for Sims save files (that's all they do). Then I'll be able to share the link and you can get it if you want it. It doesn't cost anything.

I hope that made sense. I've never shared my saves publicly before. I have a sims save account because I have multiple people in my family who don't like building the way I do, and it made sense to just download all of my builds to their game all at once. This time I'm just doing it here on the forums, instead of just between me and my daughter and sons.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Okay, here's the final draft. Let me know if it looks good and check the credits for your own things to make sure everything is correct. Thanks so much everyone! I'm so excited for this to be complete.

simfileshare.net/download/3743335/

Above link should give you a download. Just add it to your "save" folder and when you open your game it should be playable. PS...make sure you don't have any saves with the save number before downloading, because it will overwrite it. Let me know if you do, and I can rename it for now. I know there's a way you can rename it for yourself, but right now it's easy for me to.

Credits and pictures coming up!