Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plants Reverting to Dirt Pile

Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 622 Member
I know that this was an issue for quite some time but I was pretty sure that I heard it was fixed. All of my garden plants (that are all sheltered) revert back to dirt piles every other day. I think after having them for 3 weeks I've only been able to harvest 3 or 4 times. Is this normal?

Didn't this get fixed already? I couldn't find the bug report but I just got angry after watching them all revert yet again.
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    Most emphatically not fixed, not even by the Carl's Seasons mod which purports to fix it. Pretty exasperating.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,070 Member
    Sorry this is happening to you.
    Here is the bug report https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Plants-reverting-to-dirt-pile-Patch-1-76-81/td-p/10475991

Do you have the Good Soil lot trait? If so, you can try taking it out, that helps a lot of people with this bug.
    I think some people have also benefited from turning off the eco footprint (if you have Eco)

In the save where I had this problem, I found it helpful to move dirt piles into the household inventory and then back out again. Most of the time they'd be normal plants and not dirt piles anymore once I moved them back out.
  • Options
    Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 622 Member
    Sorry this is happening to you.
    Here is the bug report https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Plants-reverting-to-dirt-pile-Patch-1-76-81/td-p/10475991

Do you have the Good Soil lot trait? If so, you can try taking it out, that helps a lot of people with this bug.
    I think some people have also benefited from turning off the eco footprint (if you have Eco)

In the save where I had this problem, I found it helpful to move dirt piles into the household inventory and then back out again. Most of the time they'd be normal plants and not dirt piles anymore once I moved them back out.

Thank you for the link and the tips - I tried all of them and it did not help. The only thing that I can do is turn cheats on and cheat the plant growth stage every other day - it's a shame that this bug exists since it really ruins gardening for the most part.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,070 Member
    Sorry to hear that @Llandros2012 and yes I hope they fix it soon!
  • Options
    LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    After the latest patch, every time I go to manage worlds, all the plants revert to dirt piles. I keep them sheltered and I have disabled the Eco footprint. I have tired of resetting all of my plants every time I log into the game, so for the time being, my Sims are not gardening. :(
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,014 Member
    edited August 2022
    I get the reverting still too so I save a lot. Then if they revert I go to the main menu without saving. And go back in, sometimes that works. Also I read some time ago to be sure and fertilize the plants when they need it. And for each plant you fertilize, do each plant separately and don’t use the same type of fertilizer ( like use a rose for one, a carrot for the next one a spinach for the third one and so on ). I have noticed that sometimes mine revert when the season changes even if the plant is in season ( or inside ) for two consecutive seasons. I make sure to pick my plants each morning and then try to remember to save after an hour or so if the plants are still there. Also awhile back someone said to go through the time when the plants in the morning produce fruit/veggies on the medium or fast mode. Gardening definitely is a hassle now, but I like using the simple living trait so a lot of my sims garden. I don’t and haven’t ever used custom content or mods in the sims 4, so I know it can’t be that.
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    Mine have been doing the same thing. I also have two money trees and they were both grown and giving money. But suddenly went dormant. They have been dormant threw spring, summer and now it's fall and they still haven't grown back.
  • Options
    EA_SolaireEA_Solaire Posts: 1,426 EA Community Manager
    Hey all,

Please utilize Answers HQ for bugs and technical issues. You can find the link for this specific issue above.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top