Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How can Sims vampires die?

jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
I'm experimenting and so far I've been unable to get a vampire sim to drown, they obviously cannot starve. I know they can be burnt with sunlight, I'm going to try a regular fire next. Any ideas what is and isn't possible?

edit - no luck with electrocution
edit - nor fire

Comments

• Options
    Haka1978Haka1978 Posts: 24 Member
    Have you try emotional die ?
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Burn to a crisp in the sun.
  • Options
    WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    I had a vampire die in a fire just a little bit ago.

MFLmeIF.png

Wonder why yours didn't work.
    Origin ID: Wyrren
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    As Dannydanbo said, walk outside during the day. Dead in less than a minute.
  • Options
    Wyrren wrote: »
    I had a vampire die in a fire just a little bit ago.

MFLmeIF.png

Wonder why yours didn't work.
    Paolo ignited, his skin and clothes got charred and then he just stood there :neutral: I'll have to try again, perhaps more rugs/fuel? I haven't tried emotional deaths yet since it's blimmin hard to get him anything other than fine.

I know they frazzle in the sun I'm just trying to figure out what else they can die by. I was hoping electrocution but although I managed to get him dazed he didn't fry and now his handiness skill won't allow dazing either :frowning:

• Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    They can't die from thirst? If not, that's disappointing:/
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    Selena_SouleSelena_Soule Posts: 438 Member
    Marnetti wrote: »
    They can't die from thirst? If not, that's disappointing:/

no they cannot... when their thirst reaches 0 they go into a rage like state and automatically force drink from the nearest human sim uncontrollably (unless they have the trait unlock that prevents that called tamed thirst)

• Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    If you have another vampire maybe they can use the manipulate emotions on them as they do other sims? I have never tried it with a vampire before, but if you can then you could get him really angry or embarrassed he dies from that.
  • Options
    If you have another vampire maybe they can use the manipulate emotions on them as they do other sims? I have never tried it with a vampire before, but if you can then you could get him really angry or embarrassed he dies from that.

Now that's an idea. I've split off my main save to keep trying to kill him so my other vamp can take the manipulation skills. Good idea, thanks!

• Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    What if you lock a Vampire in a room so he can't automatically drink from another sim? What happens then?
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    I'll have to check. I've successfully burnt a vampire to death in a fire but I'm still trying to figure out emotional deaths. I have the perk but don't know how to use it.
  • Options
    Right I've managed to set my vampire on fire.

This is Subject One
    subject%20one.jpg

and
    Testa McSideKick
    testamcsidekick.jpg

Experiment one - death by fire.
    experimentone-fire-01.jpg
    experimentone-fire-02.jpg
    experimentone-fire-03.jpg

I've exited without saving and am going to tackle an emotional death next, once I figure out how to use the perk.
  • Options
    ugh, can't get him to die from anger or embarrassment (mock outfit when I've made him mortified, no luck) and neither is showing as death cheats either.
  • Options
    Subject One finally succumbed to electrocution.

experimenttwo01.jpg
    experimenttwo02.jpg
    experimenttwo03.jpg

I used a cheat to keep breaking stuff and a cheat to keep his handiness low and eventually he got zapped. It was a lot more difficult to get him dazed. His motives tanked and, as you can see from all the rubbish, it took a fair few repairs.

According to the cheats there are three deaths, fire (done), electrocution (done) and starvation. I'm guessing the starvation one is due to the change since they basically starve since vampires cannot die of thirst and don't have a hunger bar.
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    When vampire sims die from the sun what feature does their ghost have?
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I've seen a ghost vampire with a sun in their chest (like the puffer fish for sims that are poisoned), so that maybe them.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    yay bringing a thread back from the recent dead. but glad to see someone else was testing emotional deaths on vampires and also got nowhere. i mean, sort of sad that it doesn't happen, but also sort of happy.
    also, yes, vampire ghosts have a glowing sun in their chest, similar to the pufferfish in death-by-pufferfish sims. and, just like the pufferfish ones, i haven't seen any new interactions with them. which is somewhat saddening. i always enjoyed the new things with each ghost type, whether it be breaking electronics when angry (electrocution), the good/bad interactions with plants (cowplant), or absorbing puddles (sauna)
  • Options
    snootypatootysnootypatooty Posts: 499 Member
    There is a cheat that will kill them instantly even if they are a day walker, it is this Death by sun the code is stats.set_stat commodity_Vampire_SunExposure -100 NOTE put a space after SunExposure and before the -100
    The mind will ever be unstable that has only prejudices to rest on, and the current will run with destructive fury when there are no barriers to break its force.
    My website bit.ly/185bQS My Chat website bit.ly/1NiCwCb My Blog bit.ly/OuqF0Y
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    If you want to give the cardiac explosion a try, a combination of Mean and Mischief actions work great with Hot Headed sims. ;)
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    SvetlanaDragoSvetlanaDrago Posts: 15 New Member
    I'm wondering about vampires masters. If they were to die by whatever means what happens to their fledgling? Do they suddenly become human again like in movies?
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Do vampires die in this game? I've seen them out in the sun and not burn.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    edited January 2018
    I'm wondering about vampires masters. If they were to die by whatever means what happens to their fledgling? Do they suddenly become human again like in movies?

No, every vampire is equal, so even the grand masters die by sun. Only thing that cures the vampires is a drink called Ultimate Vampire Cure. It can be made when sim's Vampire Lore skill is maxed out (level 15). Start from computer. Mastering the skill doesn't take too much time.
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Do vampires die in this game? I've seen them out in the sun and not burn.

In my game, NPC vampires won't die by sunlight until I lure them in the currently active lot. Make sure they are on the lot.
    Some vampires have level 3 Sun Resistance power (Grants them immunity from sun). There's only one pre-made vampire with this power and it's Caleb Vatore. If you reset his powers which require a drink that can be made when sim has level 14 in Vampire Lore skill, he'll start burning in the sun again and can die by it.
    If this applies to all vampires, repair the game by right clicking The Sims 4 in Origin and see if the issue stays.
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    From what I heard, Vampire Slayers were ORIGINALLY going to be in the game but got removed. I think you can find them in the game codes still.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    I think about death by Puff fish Nigiri. Create the dish with negative mood, definitely poor quality.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    It took me far longer than a minute to get a vampire to die from sun exposure, at least 2-3 mins actually.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png