Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What new world would you like to see next? with PICS!

* @SimGuruDrake can you make this a sticky maybe?

We are very much in need of a new world(ssss), so lets let the gurus know what we would actually like to play in with our sims.
We have the idea thread for toddlers, so i thought of making the same concept for new worlds. Since they are important as well :)

Ok, so the point here is to bomb your ideas of the next world and what you would like to see in pictures and some explaining.
Please explain things as (its optional of course, just to help you out a bit):

* What type of town (green, forest, village, urban, skylines/city, desert, beach/haven, small town
* Give it an original name
* If u want it to be filled with life a bit, what houses and lots do you want in that world?
* What does the background drops looks like? How about decoration items? (for example the sheeps in Windenburg).
* How many lots do you want and is it divided in neighourboods? If so, what are the themes?

For me:

Since the past few days im totally into a little fisher town with a cute haven with fishing areas ON actual fishing piers. I would like to see little sailing boats come and go to the pier, just for the haven towns atmosphere, so they can be unusable (for now at least :D).
I have something like this in mind:

DSC_2695_SOUTHPORT_LR_e1423847617851.jpg

Lunenburg_Aerial.jpg

IMG_53551_660x400.jpg

855.jpg

The houses should be made from wooden and i think a light colour would fit best or broken white. Id like to see houses side of the haven or even connected to the piers and fishing areas. Houses should look like these:

hqdefault.jpg

IMG_53101_1024x683.jpg

southport_046.jpg

2012_11_24_12_35_37.jpg

194a5596.jpg

14644695.jpg

1365178395_Ki_SY_Safe_Haven_store_cms.jpg

c98bb4f0b0cb592bc288332e1984db40.jpg

We can have some local community lots/stores. For example a fish/grocery store on the coast/pier. Or one of those all in one stores (books, magazines, basic needs, fridges with fast snacks) for travelers or sims on a holiday or when they visit town for a little holiday and stay over in the summer house from a local friend of theirs :)
A store like this would look nice on the pier with a great sea view where you hear the seagulls.

ryans_port_market_anthony_fotia.jpg

The town should provide you a quiet, friendly, relaxing spirit where you have loads of nature, water, green and a bit further away: a forest around you. Not too busy and a lot of local stores, bars etc. Nothing big or any sort of franchise, just small businesses.
I would also like to see a bar/restaurant type on the seaside where they sell fish food of course!
Something like this:

430fbb99f05af882df52596d94ebc068.jpg

There is a beach and maybe a few smaller ones around the lake. Wooden houses behind you on the beach where you can walk right of your porch to the sea. Families that visit the beach and sit/play there for a while would be a nice feature to add in eventually.
Beaches like these (so not far from town, but right in front of it):

Fall_Home_Page_Slider.jpg

Maybe a few tiny beachhouses on another beach around the corner where its even more quiet. Some super small houses for the not so fortuned sims or those who just come for a short visit and bought this tiny house if buying multiple houses will be an option. It would be cool and i expect that too happen.

garden_ideas_beach_house_wood_house_own_build.jpg

294969_10151822972395338_24154010_n.jpg

We didnt talk about the forest area behind the town. Its a bit far and you have to walk quit a lot to get to a house, cause they are located a bit far from each other for the ultimate relaxation. Before you enter the forest, you have a long wide street with houses, filled with trees and flowers, a bit more like an in-town area. It will look like this. Its a nice way to walk, jog or cycle (if we ever get that back. Its nice to be able to cycle in the small subhoods as well).

6a010536dc2e27970c01156f61899a970c_800wi.jpg

For background and decoration i would like the seagulls as i mentioned before, little stands where you can buy food/drinks or a fast fish snack/burger. Anything that would fit in the town! Its useful for sims when they get hungry/thirsty but are on their way or outside. Id like to see sims ride bikes around town, even though we aren't able to ourselves yet. Maybe as a hint for later? And of course a water tower somehwere in town and the lighthouse on the seaside.
I would call it 'safe haven', just like the movie :) Cause that was a great inspiration!

Let me see your ideas and dont be afraid to be as creative as you want! Dont forget your pictures! That brings the vision more to life ;)

Comments

• Options
    TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    Wow, apparently it is true that americans always have their flag in the front yard. :D
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    TheSimer wrote: »
    Wow, apparently it is true that americans always have their flag in the front yard. :D
    No. Only right wingers do.
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    edited June 2016
    meeoun wrote: »

There is nothing wrong with being right wing or left wing. Everyone has different views and everyone is entitled to their own views.

There is also nothing wrong in flying your own country's flag in your yard.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options

There is nothing wrong with being right wing or left wing. Everyone has different views and everyone is entitled to their own views.

Word. Did I say there was something wrong? No.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2016
    Oh I have tons of worlds like this - Rflong loves doing things like this - including the houses. Wait! Sorry - they are all for Sims 3.

Actually without a map tool and mapping system - this might be a bit hard for Sims 4 - besides even if they got piers you would see them at a distance and not be able to go there like everything else is - unfortunately. I think this is a bit much for the design of Sims 4 really though.

But then you never know. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    edited June 2016
    :):)o:)

!!!!!!
    Post edited by lejoninna on
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Word. Did I say there was something wrong? No.

You've said that only people lean towards the right wing fly the flag. I know quite a few people that fly the flag and they lean towards the left. :)
    Post edited by Colton147147 on
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Comment removed. :)
    Post edited by Colton147147 on
  • Options
    ANYWAYS
    Cities.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YjIsUc4Ank

Urban Parks!
    1z5m90i.jpg
    bgy4on.jpg

Night Club City Fashion!
    se4yub.jpg
    2445s9j.jpg
    2wfs3o4.png
    Nonetheless I know the stuff above will be added regardless. But I'd love for them to incorporate some of the stuff below in the Night Life EP!

Different Subcultures/Neighborhood Districts
    (Techie Punks)
    11mcmxh.jpg
    (Hip-Hop Enthusiasts)
    20u9xue.jpg
    Others could be like the Hipsters (that like to talk about nature/eat organic) or like the Posh (The city's rich and snobby). Perhaps have different subcultures learn different skills faster or their own interactions with each other. Includes a few different hairstyles (Dreads, Afros, Emo, Visual Kei Hairstyles) and of course clothing styles within that subculture : D!

More Skills!
    (DDR)
    2ngyjjr.jpg
    (Break-Dancing!)
    24yzaxi.gif

...or any dancing for that matter. The dancing this game has now is like... :| ....I mean who dances like that? Lol.

More Traits!
    Like Cultured
    (Able to interact with the different members of the different districts/subcultures more easily)
    Klepto
    (Able to steal stuff from lots!)
    Glamorous
    (Sort of like confident but add a sassy flare to it)

City Liveliness!
    Bustling Cities!
    negmqq.jpg
    We already have this now in our suburan neighborhoods. I'd love for this to be in the City. Bridgeport streets were so dead at night. I want a city that NEVER sleeps! Lmao. ; P
    Subways!
    350lyk1.jpg
    Not rabbithole Subway station areas (Like Sims 3) I'd like to see moving Subways within the City's backdrop with ambient sounds to give a real city feel.
    Panhandlers/Bums NPCs
    23kuosk.jpg

I have more ideas but I'll post more later.
  • Options
    KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    edited June 2016
    This thread is getting way off topic, folks. Politics doesn't belong here.

As for what world, I think I'd go with either the nice beach/shore town or a very urban city.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    KatsKats wrote: »
    This thread is getting way off topic, folks. Politics doesn't belong here.

I agree. :)
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    People stay ON topic pls. The flag-discussion is totally unrelated and ruins the spirit of the topic. Thanks in advanced. Now move on ;)
  • Options
    Back on topic:

I would not mind a Italian-themed world. o:)
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    For an Urban World, these are things I want to see:

Hotdog vendors instead of bbqs

102_5994_zpso5k3voc4.jpg

Dirty and dark alleyways instead of dirt pathways to bbqs and picnic tables

5272370417_3727db1b4d_b_zpsmvalpvqj.jpg
    downtown1_zpsyzjt4c64.jpg

and busy streetscapes

24338457-TORONTO-ONTARIO-SEPTEMBER-5-Street-view-of-downtown-Toronto-in-Toronto-ON-on-September-5-2013--Stock-Photo_zpsykmqkamb.jpg
  • Options
    lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    a city like san francisco!!

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=san+francisco+houses&view=detailv2&&id=E5196A5C9C687A1A28E07C1125712BF7573C2C25&selectedIndex=3&ccid=qxKUsvvD&simid=608020714212036456&thid=OIP.Mab1294b2fbc3bfb691fc734776f534d5H0&ajaxhist=0

something like this! its townhouses in a long row. they proably cant do that tho?

but it would be Amazing. imagine 1 long row across a map, and there could be cable cars going around and cute little shops and docs!!

(idk why i cant post pictures)
  • Options
    PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    edited June 2016
    I am down for any new neighborhood! Be it city, coastal, tropical, farmland, woodland..whatever. I just want more room. I think a City world top my list since I really want apartments.

I also wish they wouldn't call them "worlds". They are all connected in the sims 4. Sims 3 had "worlds" because that was the only place you could go(besides vacation,Oh and university). It was the whole "world" for your sims. In 4 you can go anywhere and still keep the same family and friends. The "world" keeps growing with each new neighborhood or city/town.

*edit to add university
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• Options
    edited June 2016
    Actually subways run under ground here - we also have trains - but they are different.

That's why in the Sims 3 your sim went down to the subways - you can't see them from the regular streets anyway.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Actually subways run under ground here - we also have trains - but they are different.

The subway in Chicago goes throughout the city above ground. DC metro is that way too in some places.
  • Options
    siennaSTARsiennaSTAR Posts: 739 Member
    I made a post in the Ideas sub-forum, but I've always wanted a Mediterranean world, with a bit of Italian and Greek influence. The beautiful, colourful houses, bright blue water, aged architecture, plenty of city streets, food carts, street markets... And there could also be an area of countryside with old farm houses. There's so much opportunity!

o-160759282-900.jpg?1
    1-Capri-Top-10-Italian-Coastal-Sites.jpg
    030894caf4d5abbd34538febb1239e8d.jpg
    manarola-italy-GettyImages-520953305.jpg
    Venice-Italy.jpg
    Beautiful-Greece-City-tall-l.jpg
    warmafternooninathens.jpg
  • Options
    TechToTravisTechToTravis Posts: 133 Member
    OOhH! we can turn this into maps ideas thread lol
  • Options
    edited June 2016

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited June 2016
    I want a tropical vacation world sorry a lot of pictures
    Deserted Islands, private islands, water ski, swimming in the ocean ect.
    I want houseboats bad, love them.

Huts and hotels
    2uium3b.jpg
    331gguq.jpg
    2gvog14.jpg
    foj1w5.jpg
    9a1cfn.jpg
    3486h3t.jpg
    10igfwj.jpg
    htzbj7.jpg
    jsfs3q.jpg
    2jbwg0p.jpg
    jsfs3q.jpg
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I also would love a Apocalypse world. If anyone has pictures please post, I do not have any pictures of Apocalypse world.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    I'd be content with another desert world. Oasis Springs is way too small and a second desert world would allow me to pretent they are both the same town (as it is possible with Newcrest and Willow Creek as well as with Granite Falls and Windenburg).