Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cancelling Pregnancy Without Mods

I accidentally hit "Try For Baby" and I did not want my sim to have a baby. Is there a way to get rid of the pregnancy without installing a mod?

Comments

• Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Nope.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    You could just exit without saving.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    No, you can use MC Command Center to get rid of the pregnancy.
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited January 2016
    Yes, there is.
    [Crtl] [Shift] [C]
    testingcheats true
    Sims.remove_all_buffs

Not recomended, seems outdated.
    Post edited by Ayumap on
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    Ayumap wrote: »
    Yes, there is.
    [Crtl] [Shift] [C]
    testingcheats true

Sims.remove_all_buffs

Oh, i did not know! Thx
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    mrnhmath wrote: »
    Yes, there is.
    [Crtl] [Shift] [C]
    testingcheats true

Sims.remove_all_buffs

Oh, i did not know! Thx

No problem. :) If I remember correctly (assuming there have been no alterations) you can also just directly remove the buff with
    sims.remove_pregnancy]

Outdated, just use "Sims.remove_all_buffs"
    Post edited by Ayumap on
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I didn't know that the "Remove all buffs" cheat could "stop" a pregnancy. Thank you for pointing it out!
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Huh, that would make sense though being a buff and everything.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Thank you for that information! >:)
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    Ah, I didn't know you could de-buff a pregnancy. I've only done that once and I waited for the baby to be born, age him up, then go to create a Sim using the full edit mode and then delete it.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Me neither! I knew you could get rid of the moodlets but wow! Thanks for posting that @Ayumap
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Yes, there is.
    [Crtl] [Shift] [C]
    testingcheats true

Sims.remove_all_buffs

I was very curious about this, and I don't know if it's cause I have MC Command Mod, but my sim was still pregnant after putting in that cheat. I know the cheat worked, cause all her buffs disappeared. But the mod still showed her as pregnant. That could be cause of the mod, I have no idea.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    Yes, there is.
    [Crtl] [Shift] [C]
    testingcheats true

Sims.remove_all_buffs

I was very curious about this, and I don't know if it's cause I have MC Command Mod, but my sim was still pregnant after putting in that cheat. I know the cheat worked, cause all her buffs disappeared. But the mod still showed her as pregnant. That could be cause of the mod, I have no idea.

Hm, not sure. That's interesting. Perhaps they changed it? I tried to look back to an old thread I posted in (with proof, I used Eliza Pancakes and Bob as "test" subjects) but it seems to be deleted now.

You also used to be able to "get rid" of the pregnancy by altering the sim in CAS, but they made it so you couldn't any more so the buff removal was the only in game way (without a mod left) I'll test it out and see.
    2m60a6q.jpg
  • Options
    Simsfan9911Simsfan9911 Posts: 155 Member
    No sorry your having a baby...
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    @ChelleJo
    @NZsimm3r
    @AlanSims
    @SweetieKaye
    @Simfan923
    @gothprincess4ever
    @mrnhmath
    ---
    Update: I'd say... Just don't use this method, and use a mod. Did a second test.

For all wondering, the remove buffs method does still work. I tried both modded and unmodded. At first glance it does appear that it doesn't work, but I decided to test one more thing before closing the game and here is the proof. I had recorded it initially, but apparently when you go to manage worlds it stops recording. You can test for yourself.
    Disregard:
    2q9xj43.jpg
    Starting by getting "our" sim to be pregnant in the first place.

2z5ul37.jpg
    She's pregnant after the first try and I accidentally cropped out part of the Screen shot.

eiplkj.jpg
    Removed the buffs, but the game is still registering her as pregnant.

21ccec5.jpg
    You need to unload the lot*, I just went to manage worlds. I don't know if traveling will have the same affect, so better safe than sorry.

21dgbo3.jpg
    She can dive again so you can see she's no longer pregnant.

23ud4bo.jpg
    For confirmation. (Disregard)

----
    Update:
    Tried it with the mod. Mod says she's pregnant, but she is able to "try for baby" and do activities usually denied to pregnant sims.

Version tested with a mod:
    2n16we0.jpg
    v4udk6.jpg
    2nukkrq.jpg
    5fs0tf.jpg
    detpgx.jpg
    2qbb283.jpg

I'm going to attempt playing a full "invisible" pregnancy and see what happens, but I would recommend no longer using this method as I can imagine it causing issues. (though I have no proof of that yet)

Update 2: Basically as soon as the "second trimester" time comes around, that buff will pop up. So yeah, this method is outdated and it's best to just use a mod.
    Post edited by Ayumap on
    2m60a6q.jpg
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited January 2016
    @ChelleJo
    @NZsimm3r
    @AlanSims
    @SweetieKaye
    @Simfan923
    @gothprincess4ever
    @mrnhmath

For all wondering, the remove buffs method does still work. I tried both modded and unmodded. At first glance it does appear that it doesn't work, but I decided to test one more thing before closing the game and here is the proof. I had recorded it initially, but apparently when you go to manage worlds it stops recording. You can test for yourself.

For confirmation.

Awesome! That is great to know (as my mod play comes and goes and I take them out often).

ETA: Okay, just saw your update. Okay. I'll just put mods back in if I ever need it.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    @ChelleJo
    @NZsimm3r
    @AlanSims
    @SweetieKaye
    @Simfan923
    @gothprincess4ever
    @mrnhmath

For confirmation.

Awesome! That is great to know (as my mod play comes and goes and I take them out often).

ETA: Okay, just saw your update. Okay. I'll just put mods back in if I ever need it.

Yeah, I think that's for the best. Thanks for bringing up what you saw in the first place. Had it not been for you I wouldn't have checked to see if this method is still working properly. I suppose it could be used for someone who wants a pregnant sim without the belly, but I'm not sure what adverse affects that might have on the game. Going to see if she can give birth at all like this.
    2m60a6q.jpg
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Maybe the combination of four walls, a pool and the book of life? I never tried, I don't know.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    MooseGooseMooseGoose Posts: 127 Member
    Has anyone had experience with this on Mac? I'm downloading the pregnancy commander mod and moving the folder (which appears unzipped) into the mods folder.
    I'm a mod noob, this would be my first time. Please help!
  • Options
    Soulcloud6Soulcloud6 Posts: 267 Member
    Would be a nice addition to have the option to terminate a pregnancy in early stages or to use a pill after trying for baby
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Soulcloud6 wrote: »
    Would be a nice addition to have the option to terminate a pregnancy in early stages or to use a pill after trying for baby

I think that's one of the few things EA won't do when it comes to the franchise. The Gurus think that something like terminating a pregnancy is too dark.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    nothing is wrong in a sim raising a family
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Simfan923 wrote: »

I think that's one of the few things EA won't do when it comes to the franchise. The Gurus think that something like terminating a pregnancy is too dark.

I agree, I don't see that ever being added since the TS4 seems to be aiming at a even younger audience than TS3.
    The pill option for an hour after trying for baby should be an easy fix and it's not dark.
    Still i doubt this will ever be addressed.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited January 2016

I agree, I don't see that ever being added since the TS4 seems to be aiming at a even younger audience than TS3.
    The pill option for an hour after trying for baby should be an easy fix and it's not dark.
    That and terminating a pregnancy is an extremely sensitive and heated subject in the United States. That's one subject you don't bring up unless you want people after you with pitchforks.
    Post edited by KayeStar on
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options

That and terminating a pregnancy is an extreme sensitive and heated subject in the United States. That's one subject you don't bring up unless you want people after you with pitchforks.
    So was gay marriage back in 2001, and look at TS1.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top