Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A good ole TS1 memory jogger!

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Watched all of it! That was fun times! Thanks for posting the video, I enjoy watching them!
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    The fire at the end is good as well, I never used the clown doll but I remember the baby being taken away a couple of times lol
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    I quit making mansions because of the stupid babies. If the baby cried, by the time my sim could walk over, the social worker arrived. I would either stop creating children (haha, the easiest solution), make smaller homes, move the crib closer to the parents, or hire a butler.
  • Options
    hihi122122 wrote: »
    I quit making mansions because of the stupid babies. If the baby cried, by the time my sim could walk over, the social worker arrived. I would either stop creating children (haha, the easiest solution), make smaller homes, move the crib closer to the parents, or hire a butler.

I remember the butler but was annoyed at him for sacking the maid by ringing up the maid service and cancelling her :neutral_face:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    hihi122122 wrote: »

I remember the butler but was annoyed at him for sacking the maid by ringing up the maid service and cancelling her :neutral_face:

Sacked...? He wouldn't quit hiring help for my sims! So much money wasted...
  • Options
    AnnikaperiAnnikaperi Posts: 535 Member
    edited January 2015
    Ha ha! I never lost a baby to Social Services, but one of my main families did lose a daughter to Military School. They also had a son that I had to watch like a hawk because he would always get into the swimming pool late at night when his energy was very low.

Edited to add:
    I remember being surprised by seeing the daughter change into uniform and go to a mirror, salute, and walk off the lot. I was like, "Oh no!"
  • Options
    RSully94RSully94 Posts: 212 Member
    The sucky part about TS1 though was that they'd die regardless of whether they were extinguished
  • Options
    MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    .. and plead all you like, The Reaper would have none of that!
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Awww, I really want TS1 back. I've lost about all the discs and I'm not sure the game would even run on my computer.

I hope, probably against all hope but a girl can dream, that EA will do like they did for TS2 and issue a complete collection. But updated for today's computers. Oh, and have it be free of course.

One of my favorite videos of TS1 to watch is of the gnomes,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_pBtpYZzZ0

I love this!!! :D
  • Options
    FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    I'm tempted to purchase TS1, I only got to play the PS2 version and I want to know what I missed out on. As a kid I remember being pretty jealous of the fact my friend could have stairs and I couldn't x)
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • Options
    I'm tempted to purchase TS1, I only got to play the PS2 version and I want to know what I missed out on. As a kid I remember being pretty jealous of the fact my friend could have stairs and I couldn't x)

Its worth a try to see how it was but I think these days if you can get it, it would be the 'Complete Collection'

Playing the original with no extra content would be a huge eye opener
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    milly001milly001 Posts: 394 Member
    edited January 2015
    I just ordered sims 1 again of ebay, I got the collectors edition so it had sims 1 and living it up (or livin large) which was grate because aside from them two i had all the other sims 1 games.

btw how do you get away with that signature ^^^
  • Options
    milly001 wrote: »
    I just ordered sims 1 again of ebay, I got the collectors edition so it had sims 1 and living it up (or livin large) which was grate because aside from them two i had all the other sims 1 games.

Lovin' it up, you must be British?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    winterlocwinterloc Posts: 348 Member
    King_of_SimCity7,
    I love the video :D Ha Ha Ha, Your siggy is a hoot too :D

Your simmy friend,
    Winterloc B)
  • Options
    milly001milly001 Posts: 394 Member
    @king_of_simcity7‌ why yes, yes I am.
  • Options
    FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    It's a lot of money on Amazon UK to buy, I've never used eBay so I don't know whether to trust it or not.
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • Options
    Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    Awww, I really want TS1 back. I've lost about all the discs and I'm not sure the game would even run on my computer.

I hope, probably against all hope but a girl can dream, that EA will do like they did for TS2 and issue a complete collection. But updated for today's computers. Oh, and have it be free of course.

One of my favorite videos of TS1 to watch is of the gnomes,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_pBtpYZzZ0

I love this!!! :D

I remember this. And turning the lawn flamingos into FlaminGoGo Dancers. Good times!
  • Options
    AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    The sounds take me back more that anything. Gosh, I can't believe how many hours I spent playing that game.
  • Options
    Tumelonc123Tumelonc123 Posts: 2,216 Member
    @AthenaOnyx‌ I spent a lot of time playing it. I remember when I first got House Party, I must have spent hours upon hours trying to get Drew Carey to visit my party!

maxresdefault.jpg
  • Options
    WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    I do have The Sims and The Sims Bustin' Out on GameCube but I don't have the Windows (PC) release of it.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • Options
    AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    @Tumelonc123, Yeah, I remember that. I always thought he ruined my good parties. But, suppose it was fun the first time. :)
  • Options
    AnnikaperiAnnikaperi Posts: 535 Member
    I have Double Deluxe and all subsequent expansion packs, plus my original copy of the base game. So glad I still have them. I have a 2002 non-internet worthy Gateway -- the only non-Apple device I own -- that I keep around for that very purpose. It only has Windows-XP with ServicePack 2 and is badly infected, but plays the game just fine. It has no DVD drive and it would cost more money to fix and upgrade than to buy a comparable model (requiring a total wipe) but I keep it around for Sims 1 -- I just don't go online with it. There are few things I need a PC of that age for, so a big hulking thing just for Sims 1. At least I can play CDs on it.

I copied "Yea Yai Yo" and put it in my Sims 3 game. It was never released on any soundtrack and plays at a lower volume and quality than the Official Soundtrack songs, but I like it, and my Sims still like to listen to their rock music. I'm creating an "Official Soundtrack" Volume 2 on my iTunes of some of the stuff they left out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXPDB0KgXKQ

I was too complacent, and never downloaded some of the website stuff while I had the chance. I managed to grab a few things from other sites. I only wish I had downloaded that cute Superstar soundtrack with the album art and Simlish lyrics while I had the chance.
  • Options
    Tumelonc123Tumelonc123 Posts: 2,216 Member
    edited January 2015
    AthenaOnyx wrote: »
    @Tumelonc123, Yeah, I remember that. I always thought he ruined my good parties. But, suppose it was fun the first time. :)

hahahaha, he totally did kill them.If it wasn't him ruining it, it was the lady with the purple hair, whose questionable occupation will not be mentioned LMAO!!! :p
  • Options
    ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    @AthenaOnyx‌ I spent a lot of time playing it. I remember when I first got House Party, I must have spent hours upon hours trying to get Drew Carey to visit my party!

I used to like the gatecrashers too - I can't remember the name of the female, was it Paula Something or other? It was disappointing that there was no option to befriend her and invite her to move in.

I had a household of 8 male Sims and all they did was throw parties - I'd have 4 asleep whilst the other 4 hosted the party, then when the hosts got tired I'd wake up the others to take over.

After a visit from Drew Carey they'd happily go off to bed still thinking of him :)

Don't feed the trolls
  • Options
    canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    Annikaperi wrote: »
    I have Double Deluxe and all subsequent expansion packs, plus my original copy of the base game. So glad I still have them. I have a 2002 non-internet worthy Gateway -- the only non-Apple device I own -- that I keep around for that very purpose. It only has Windows-XP with ServicePack 2 and is badly infected, but plays the game just fine. It has no DVD drive and it would cost more money to fix and upgrade than to buy a comparable model (requiring a total wipe) but I keep it around for Sims 1 -- I just don't go online with it. There are few things I need a PC of that age for, so a big hulking thing just for Sims 1. At least I can play CDs on it.
    Download the Avast anti-virus and Malwarebytes anti-malware installers, and put them on a usb drive. Install them on your Gateway, and clean up that crap.
    in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400