Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Midnight Hollow a Gothic Steampunk World [Fan Girling Thread]

World_ScreenshotWeb_MidnightHollow003.jpg

This is a Fan Girling Thread All welcome!

Steampunk Goggles! Now I can be steampunk complete with my Steampunk World(s)!

Thumbnail_300x300.png

Thumbnail_300x300.png

This is a classic Steampunk hair if you google Steampunk

Thumbnail_300x300.png

Steampunk or Steampunk-Victorian compatible!

Thumbnail_300x300.png

Thumbnail_300x300.png

Thumbnail_300x300.png

Thumbnail_300x300.png

Thumbnail_300x300.png

Thumbnail_300x300.png

Thumbnail_300x300.png

Thumbnail_300x300.png

Thumbnail_300x300.png

Steampunk-Victorian

Thumbnail_300x300.png

Thumbnail_300x300.png

The buildings and decor are more gothic but is very Art Nouveau which I love!

Today EA you made me feel really special, THANK YOU :D and thank you so much for releasing before October!

---
Edits: and the down town looks old town french quarter inspired squee!

I love the mock Marilyn Manson Sim in the Trailer I been wanting to do a Manson Sim but could never find the right clothing but I did to a Trent Reznor :D

Mordred Facade
Screenshot-433-620x348.jpg

Also what would go great in this world I already made:

La Tentation de Notre-Dame (Vampire Lounge)
Screenshot-11-620x348.jpg

Anachronistic Gallery-Museum (Art Gallery)
Screenshot-286-620x348.jpg

Victorian Tome Repository (Library)
Screenshot-738-620x348.jpg

Heart of the City (Multi-Rabbit Hole and Partial Shell Lot.)
Screenshot-3-620x348.jpg

Well I think I have more but I think I'll cut my self off there :P

Just updated my Show Case thread: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/635567.page
But don't forget I have a site too: http://hollownessdevoured.com/

World_ScreenshotWeb_MidnightHollow025.jpg

Edit, toned down the fan girling initial shock gone :P, tidied so it is more open to other fan girling :P ;)

Comments

• Options
    StarbucaneerStarbucaneer Posts: 2,561 Member
    edited September 2013
    World_ScreenshotWeb_MidnightHollow003.jpg

I love the look of this building/rabbit hole :!:
    Simming since the beginning! :)
  • Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited September 2013
    I know! I already know where I am putting it in my pre-existing world (my junkyard):

Gears and Cogs Scrap Club

roof_up_original.jpg

See that open area where the horses are :P there :D

l0wd_original.jpg
  • Options
    RoseRidgeRoseRidge Posts: 1,321 Member
    edited September 2013
    Can’t wait to see what you will create for Midnight Hollow! :D
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    One of my favorite bands I just been (like the past month) listening to their newest album and they are soo meant for this world if anyone wants to hear it is

Birthday Massacre: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhdndnuCkko
    other albums:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFylb6il7b4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zjl8urrKpuY

• Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited September 2013
    I totally agree. There is just not one thing about this world that isn't magnificent.

I will have to download a bunch of your lots to place in this world. They fit very, very well. I feel like the Store Team might have taken a little of their inspiration from your studio (you have been featured after all, so they've obviously noticed it).

I don't think the items they have listed in the section for the world are all that we're getting, either. They just changed the background on the forum and if you look at the shirt the redhead is wearing, it isn't one that is currently showing in the store (unless it's from another set? I can't remember). So there might be a few more items that they aren't even showing yet.

This world is just so SQUEE worthy that I can't even believe it. It's like they got into my head and pulled out everything I ever wanted in a gothic-themed world.

Edit: I love The Birthday Massacre too!! I will put a bunch of their songs in my custom music folder so I can listen to it in the new world. xD
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    edited September 2013
    Yes, I'm definitely loving this world! I can't wait to see more of it! And all those other store items that I never thought I would have use for (such as the Steampunk set), I am now finally considering! It was a good thing I was home alone when I saw the info released about the world because I screamed like a little girl. :oops: :lol:
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,237 Member
    edited September 2013
    Hollowness, I said earlier I thought of you, this just screams out your name!!
    I swear you've influenced them somewhere down the line. :-)
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I totally agree. There is just not one thing about this world that isn't magnificent.

I will have to download a bunch of your lots to place in this world. They fit very, very well. I feel like the Store Team might have taken a little of their inspiration from your studio (you have been featured after all, so they've obviously noticed it).

I don't think the items they have listed in the section for the world are all that we're getting, either. They just changed the background on the forum and if you look at the shirt the redhead is wearing, it isn't one that is currently showing in the store (unless it's from another set? I can't remember). So there might be a few more items that they aren't even showing yet.

This world is just so SQUEE worthy that I can't even believe it. It's like they got into my head and pulled out everything I ever wanted in a gothic-themed world.

Edit: I love The Birthday Massacre too!! I will put a bunch of their songs in my custom music folder so I can listen to it in the new world. xD

I know right!

I love Birthday Massacre it is like my them song for my love life (which means with baggage :lol: video kid I literally 'Broke the sissy boy's teeny toy heart in two' and I left him for the Video Kid and me and the Video kid had a messed up long term relationship and I was better at gaming that him at least in endgame in WOW and I broke his heart too but not cause I wanted to (he was substance user :( I miss him and haven't been in a relationship since), so yeah this band theme songs my love life :P)
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Yes, I'm definitely loving this world! I can't wait to see more of it! And all those other store items that I never thought I would have use for (such as the Steampunk set), I am now finally considering! It was a good thing I was home alone when I saw the info released about the world because I screamed like a little girl. :oops: :lol:

I almost choked on my tongue (but in a good way :P) but I was laying down just getting up and having a peak via ipad to see if we were shown more stuff on the world :P
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Scrapdash wrote:

:D Yeah I thought of LuckyHeather too, her and Larifari2009, they were my first inspirations for Steampunk. Oct 8 will be a year I have been with Sims 3 community :D It is like the best way to celebrate my 1 year right :D
  • Options
    Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited September 2013
    Happy B-day, HollownessDevour! I'm happy that you got such an awesome world for us!
  • Options
    TojaxTojax Posts: 5,076 Member
    edited September 2013
    Hey Hollow :)

I actually thought of you when this world was announced. Even the names match :wink: The Store team seems to have done a wonderful job. I cannot wait to try out the new hairstyles (the pigtails with goggles and the hair loosely pulled back with flowers are by far my favourites). I was initially thinking of moving my current family to MH, but now I'm not sure if I wouldn't prefer to start a new game... but I digress.

My only question (or concern) is about the lighting. I don't mind the gloom and doom vibe of it all, but I'm just not sure how all this grayness will look in screenshots...
  • Options
    darkwidow11darkwidow11 Posts: 601 Member
    edited September 2013
    I also thought of you when I saw all the steampunk items. :-) I remember when you asked for the goggles and I just knew you would be thrilled! I can't wait to see what you come up with.
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited September 2013
    *SCREAMS WITH ABSOLUTE DELIGHT*

I Am In Love!!

...er, sorry Hollow, excitement got the better of me! :oops:

This world does seem to be tailor-made for you--I know you must be thrilled beyond words!

As for me, I am salivating over this one. I fell instantly in love with Moonlight Falls the first time I saw it and I'm getting the same feeling with this world. :mrgreen: It is perfect for my darker simmies. The clothes are incredible and the hair looks amazing--which is high praise indeed coming from a known CC hair junkie!

Now it's time for some Fan Girling of my own!

tumblr_lweteougpq1qjz2gz.gif
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited September 2013
    This world is perfect for you Hollowness :D

I love my Steampunk also :) I am super excited about the Steampunk buildings, clothing and hairstyles :mrgreen:
    Squeeeeeeeeeee!!

There are soooooooooo many gorgeous hairstyles [Steampunk Goggles - Yay! :D:D] clothing, buildings, plants and furniture! Wow! This is totally awesome! :mrgreen:

I shall be saving up to purchase this world as soon as it is available :mrgreen::mrgreen:

For anyone interested in steampunk lots or sims please click on my signature to peruse my studio :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Happy B-day, HollownessDevour! I'm happy that you got such an awesome world for us!

Thanks though it was back in July, I sat on my bday Visa card for the next world and AM SO glad I did :P
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Tojax wrote:
    Hey Hollow :)

I actually thought of you when this world was announced. Even the names match :wink: The Store team seems to have done a wonderful job. I cannot wait to try out the new hairstyles (the pigtails with goggles and the hair loosely pulled back with flowers are by far my favourites). I was initially thinking of moving my current family to MH, but now I'm not sure if I wouldn't prefer to start a new game... but I digress.

My only question (or concern) is about the lighting. I don't mind the gloom and doom vibe of it all, but I'm just not sure how all this grayness will look in screenshots...

In a lot of recent builds I have been goign darker and I find adding the Buydebug lights works like a charm! I find either have your sims dress a bit brighter (especially if they are dark haired, my main is platinum blonde so I let her where the dark Burgundies).

Never use #000000 black try a #222222 or lighter range it doesn't look so drastic unless you are going to contrast with very vivid like:

screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I also thought of you when I saw all the steampunk items. :-) I remember when you asked for the goggles and I just knew you would be thrilled! I can't wait to see what you come up with.

I know I can't wait to dress my main in the new Goggles :D

headshot_original.jpg

I might giver her my whimsical wonderland make up for this world though:

headshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    twilight_aerithtwilight_aerith Posts: 653 Member
    edited September 2013
    As soon as I saw pictures I thought of you Hollowness!!! I'm so happy that we are getting this amazing content and excited to see what you do with it! As a lover of gothic steampunk and twisted Alice in Wonderland myself (I even have a quote on my wall by Alice and Cheshire) I really feel that good things will come out of this world! You have been a huge influence for steampunk on the forums and I think the team did an awesome job on this world. It really does feel like they listen to us a lot more than they used to.

Yay for us (but mostly you... because I too think they made this world just for you! and if anyone deserves their own custom store world it's you!)
    Origin ID: Samerella
  • Options
    edited September 2013
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    As soon as I saw pictures I thought of you Hollowness!!! I'm so happy that we are getting this amazing content and excited to see what you do with it! As a lover of gothic steampunk and twisted Alice in Wonderland myself (I even have a quote on my wall by Alice and Cheshire) I really feel that good things will come out of this world! You have been a huge influence for steampunk on the forums and I think the team did an awesome job on this world. It really does feel like they listen to us a lot more than they used to.

Yay for us (but mostly you... because I too think they made this world just for you! and if anyone deserves their own custom store world it's you!)

:lol: :P :oops:
  • Options
    MSladyTSOMSladyTSO Posts: 2,586 Member
    edited September 2013
    Scrapdash wrote:

:D Yeah I thought of LuckyHeather too, her and Larifari2009, they were my first inspirations for Steampunk. Oct 8 will be a year I have been with Sims 3 community :D It is like the best way to celebrate my 1 year right :D

I'm sure you guys already know about this, but I love this Steampunk lot by originalsim !!

• Options
    edited September 2013
    This world is perfect for you Hollowness :D

I love my Steampunk also :) I am super excited about the Steampunk buildings, clothing and hairstyles :mrgreen:
    Squeeeeeeeeeee!!

There are soooooooooo many gorgeous hairstyles [Steampunk Goggles - Yay! :D:D] clothing, buildings, plants and furniture! Wow! This is totally awesome! :mrgreen:

I shall be saving up to purchase this world as soon as it is available :mrgreen::mrgreen:

For anyone interested in steampunk lots or sims please click on my signature to peruse my studio :)

I am so excited I haven't eaten yet :lol:

which reminds me I better do that :P :D
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    MSladyTSO wrote:
    Scrapdash wrote:

I'm sure you guys already know about this, but I love this Steampunk lot by originalsim !!

I think I missed this one I was already tinkering away on my steampunk builds by this time I must of missed it :D So cool :D
  • Options
    TojaxTojax Posts: 5,076 Member
    edited September 2013
    In a lot of recent builds I have been goign darker and I find adding the Buydebug lights works like a charm! I find either have your sims dress a bit brighter (especially if they are dark haired, my main is platinum blonde so I let her where the dark Burgundies).

Never use #000000 black try a #222222 or lighter range it doesn't look so drastic unless you are going to contrast with very vivid like:

screenshot_original.jpg

Thank you for the tip :) One more question: what lights are you referring to? I'm far from being a building expert, so I really enjoy hearing about new tricks of the trade.

And I saw your pic in your Movie Stuff thread. Love the colour choices :mrgreen: