Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

african american hair

Comments

• Options
    JongarakunJongarakun Posts: 1,265 Member
    edited July 2013
    NotSoLucky wrote:
    I think some of that would be considered tribal though because most black people that I see have straight hair styles. I would like to see some curly hair.
    Tribal how? I know a lot of women apparently have to spend hours straightening their hair to get it to the way it looks on TV and the like. It's not really their natural hair...?
    Ornery weirdo. My Origin ID is Jongarakun.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited July 2013
    I would love to see all kinds of variations of afros/braids/dreadlocks/twists/etc. I would like to see curly/wavy hair from the roots to ends not straight roots and curly ends like someone with straight hair just used rollers or the curling iron. Like this and of course the examples below as well: 2m4zrrb.jpg

-Different variety of hairstyles: DREADLOCKS
    24nibsx.gif
    289af85.jpg
    2yy2pfl.jpg
    jg4.jpg
    2vhu2ic.jpg

AFROS
    bhclg.jpg
    afbu6o.jpg
    2zdyamx.jpg
    anyfwo.jpg
    33z2qzq.jpg

BRAIDS
    5znvrc.jpg
    9rhnnq.jpg

Wavy/Curly Styles
    23qxglk.jpg
    2d0xjsi.jpg
    33y2kqb.jpg

Combination
    59ynmt.jpg
    34hi43s.jpg
    1qfi88.jpg
    2zfn2fb.jpg
    bhhjdf.jpg
    34sgmxs.jpg
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    edited July 2013
    Wow!!! I love the hair I love the Afro on the Asian woman.. So beautiful
  • Options
    bebesmamabebesmama Posts: 707 New Member
    edited July 2013
    This is the first time I'm saying this, but I agree with the OP.

Not only do I agree, but I wholeheartedly agree!

I completely agree! I actually made a thread in GD with a list of all the CC hairstyles out there. If cc creators can make so many amazing hairstyles, than why can't EA?!!

Thanks for the link!
  • Options
    AfricanStormAfricanStorm Posts: 14 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Yeah there used to be really good black hair style CC for sims 2, I couldn;t find such for sims 3.
  • Options
    abigail2244abigail2244 Posts: 486 New Member
    edited July 2013
    YES. I totally agree.
  • Options
    SommoreButtaSommoreButta Posts: 489 Member
    edited August 2013
    I would like better hair too and clothing styles as well. Better jewelry options and why can't piercings be in the game already.
    sdaomhlfplv5.png Bestie's In Sim Form
  • Options
    cllevettcllevett Posts: 930 Member
    edited August 2013
    I am black, and I have been playing the sims sense the very beginning, and I would love to see more ethnic hair styles in the game for my black sims the men only have about 3 the kids about 2 and I feel like they should make the sims 4 game appeal to all races as far as creating sims we need more than fros and lousy looking braids.. come on EA black people play the sims two!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! I'd be happy if they would let us pick a race or preferably give us realistic genetics. I really really really get sick of my dark skin Sims who keep aging up & get "white" hair. I know its such a minor things but anyone who takes screenshots for writing a story it ruins a birthday imo. I carefully made her beautiful then she ages up with straight silky hair... :(

EA its not the STYLE its the TEXTURE! I feel like there are a few styles they tried early on thinking they could go either way but they don't have the look of texture. Black hair is not silky straight! The expansions at least added some much needed hairs. I hope so much these will be replicated into Sims 4 base. I want that textured look. Please EA include these hairs in the base game. It makes me sad that so much of it is Store Content.
  • Options
    cllevettcllevett Posts: 930 Member
    edited August 2013
    Wow!!! I love the hair I love the Afro on the Asian woman.. So beautiful

Its a photoshopped img. The original is far more beautiful

tumblr_mj5mxooUns1qa6vfpo1_500.jpg
    Zhang_Ziyi_its-simple-photo.jpg
  • Options
    celeste821celeste821 Posts: 543 Member
    Yes, here are some hairstyles I'd like.

beyonce-650-430_0.jpg

beyonce-tour-rider-requests-garticle.jpg

1358877179_beyonce-zoom.jpg

Beyonce-H-M-beyonce-34260161-1920-1200.jpg

9643821_1.jpg

2.jpg

Nicki.jpg

me personally I wouldn't use any of these because in genetics the likelihood of having a baby with caucasian hair.
  • Options
    Joey2eyeballJoey2eyeball Posts: 1,792 Member
    You know, if you post these pictures of hair then you might actually get them in the game.
    Does anyone know that Afro kind of hair for female children that reminds me a bit of mickey mouse? Someone here posted a picture of that wanting it put in the game and it mysteriously appeared. :)
    My name is Joseph, please don't call me Joe or Joey.

Yours sincerely, Joseph :)
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    ThreadNecro.gif
  • Options
    DaNaeNae1DaNaeNae1 Posts: 120 Member
    love this thread like yes we do need more hair for our race...couldnt agree more
    The man upstairs is always watching
  • Options
    DarciTheFoxDarciTheFox Posts: 1,589 Member
    Yes PLEASE! My simself's beautiful girlfriend would love some more hairstyle options! I mean she looks beautiful now, but I think it'd be nice to be able to change up her hairstyle more and my other ethnic sims are starting to all look the same because there's only so many hairstyles to choose from that look nice. I love this hairstyle on my simself's girlfriend Francesca:

5256599_orig.png

I think she looks beautiful, but it would be nice to be able to change up her hairstyle more often.
    283149_orig.png

HAHAHA, this made ma laugh so hard. It does kind of look like a potato.
    BudgOoPIAAAaepE.png
    351fnd2.png

I ended up getting some afro CC for my game that is much cuter than the EA one, but we need more hairstyles for our ethnic beauties!
    151-600x450.jpg

I have this hairstyle in TS2 and I think it's pretty.
    MTS_Nouk-1404858-KinkyCurlyBraidBlackAlmostblack.jpg

I love this one too:
    MTS_Nouk-417290-AfraHairbandPV.jpg

OMG, there's a bunch of cute ones from other Sims series:
    title.jpg
    side.jpg

Ahhh just gorgeous!
    beyonce-afro.jpg
    braided-natural-updo2.jpg?h=400

Super cute! I can't remember if the game has a hairstyle like this, but this is super cute! I'd love it for all ages too.
    Natural_Hair_Girl_Jaime-Duplass1-468x260.jpg

Too cute!
    w02r1j.jpg

Some of these braided styles would be nice too, I especially like the blonde style:
    tumblr_mmtawefBlp1s4raglo2_1280.jpg

I would LOVE some gorgeous dreaded styles:
    ef1f50bee149587ffc66b6f8c643a9d1.jpg

I personally would ADORE this CUTE afro with a bow in it, also I just love seeing Snow White like this, so cute!
    73fab8b9ba6772a68beea0910d020715.jpg

• Options
    SmoochSmooch Posts: 387 Member
    Am adding my two cents in here as well. My current legacy heir is bi-racial, favouring her father's darker skin over her mother. She was given her mother's nearly bleached blond, straight as nails hair. Sure I can change it - the style (not colour, against rules). But there are so few amazing afrocentric styles to choose from. All of his children were given the mother's blonde hair but I just want more variety and more options to go with the children who are a variety of this great couple.

There is more to every culture than just 3-4 samples of hairstyles.
    CxevBFV.gif
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    I agree, in fact, we need more hairstyles over all. There are basically only straight hairstyles as it is. Not that anything would look with the games style, it all looks horrible like the potato hair
  • Options
    You know, if you post these pictures of hair then you might actually get them in the game.
    Does anyone know that Afro kind of hair for female children that reminds me a bit of mickey mouse? Someone here posted a picture of that wanting it put in the game and it mysteriously appeared. :)

so many options

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curly-hairstyles-pictures/index/

and just hashtag #naturalhair on twitter or google it
    https://www.google.com/search?q=natural+hair&safe=off&espv=2&biw=1745&bih=903&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=mUZyVPWRI_PCsASXlIKgDw&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ
  • Options
    Gnarl_LeeGnarl_Lee Posts: 1,014 Member
    cllevett wrote: »
    I really really really get sick of my dark skin Sims who keep aging up & get "white" hair.

gray/white hair happens to everyone when they get old...I don't see what else youd expect...they age up and get, green hair?...lol
  • Options
    Gnarl_Lee wrote: »
    cllevett wrote: »
    I really really really get sick of my dark skin Sims who keep aging up & get "white" hair.

gray/white hair happens to everyone when they get old...I don't see what else youd expect...they age up and get, green hair?...lol

HAHAHA! I think they meant white hair as in ethnically white looking hair, such as straight and silky and not curly or afro-textured.

If they are upset with their elders getting white hair, then that's kind of funny. Lucky that sims of all ages can change their haircolor and style. LOL. :#

• Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,202 Member
    This thread made by heart flip! I agree 100%. love the cc out there yet it would be nice to have more EA options that are cute. It can't be that hard. :)
  • Options
    djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 643 Member
    Icarus wrote: »
    Okay, I have two questions...

1. What hairstyles are actually being worn by most African-Americans in real life?

2. Why is everyone using the racist definition of the word "ethnic" for this thread?

The OP is black. If she want to use the word "ethnic", you have no place policing her terminology.

Most black folks have type 3 or type 4 hair, ranging between curly to afro-textured. Some black women use chemical relaxers in their hair to make it straight and more manageable as tightly coiled hair can make styling difficult.

Here are some hairstyles worn by folks with type 3 and 4 hair.

tumblr_lxbd7f7UIb1r9cm0qo1_400.jpg

black-hair.jpg

7228.jpg

7234.jpg

5198.jpg

type-3-hair1.jpg

2011_natural_black_women_hairstyle_with_small_braids.png

braided-frenchroll.jpg

Wow...these hairs are gorgeous, I would love to have even half of these in the game, and would happily take them all.

• Options
    sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    NotSoLucky wrote: »
    Yes, here are some hairstyles I'd like.

beyonce-650-430_0.jpg

beyonce-tour-rider-requests-garticle.jpg

1358877179_beyonce-zoom.jpg

Beyonce-H-M-beyonce-34260161-1920-1200.jpg

9643821_1.jpg

2.jpg

Nicki.jpg

Beyonce and Nicki Minaj only wear wigs and I wouldn't consider wavy or straight hair to be black.
    these are not African American hairstyles just because beyonce and nikki are wearing them they are looking like the sims I am trying so hard to make look more like me.
  • Options
    This one is also super gorgeous:
    cinammon-roll-updo-350x365.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    keep-it-kinky-hair-bow-350x365.jpg
  • Options
    samsims wrote: »
    I wonder if it's that hard to do, or they never thought about us.

how could it be that hard when the community has no trouble making custom content
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top