Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

help me please!!

i just want to know if i can save all my sim familys to the same community.. when i try it always says i already have a file saved in that community and asks if i want to overwrite it.. and im afraid to because the one i have saved i spent hours and hours building and i am afraid it will delete it.. will it or should i just overwrite?please help me!! thank you .

Comments

• Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited August 2009
    Hi - overwrite it. That's what I always do and I've never had a problem. When I'm finished playing with one of my families, I Save as... and overwrite it. Next time I go into the game, it goes to the last family I played. If you want to switch to a different family from there, "Edit Town" and click on the icon with the two little houses.
  • Options
    taytayotaytayo Posts: 92 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i think i know what your asking...
    you can make 4 'games' on the sims3-
    to make all of your families in the same community you have to put them in the same 'game'.
    but, you can only have one active household, which you can change...?

hope i helped!

answer mine please:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/87503.page
  • Options
    treemarie213treemarie213 Posts: 11 New Member
    edited August 2009
    thank you for your help.. so basicly what i want is for all my sim familys to live in the same community and be able to interact with oneanother..hang out at eachothers houses and whatnot.. and if i overwrite each time i save a family i can do that right?just makein sure befor i actually do it...lol...still a little nervous...the old sims wasnt this complicated... :lol:
  • Options
    lovepuppy102lovepuppy102 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2009
    how to you tape a video with sound? every video i make has no sound but other videos others make have sound why?
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    thank you for your help.. so basicly what i want is for all my sim familys to live in the same community and be able to interact with oneanother..hang out at eachothers houses and whatnot.. and if i overwrite each time i save a family i can do that right?just makein sure befor i actually do it...lol...still a little nervous...the old sims wasnt this complicated... :lol:

Hi - yes, that's the way I've played since day 1. I have 1 Sunset Valley with 7 different families I switch back and forth between and 1 Riverview which I'm just starting to play with 3 families so far. Just remember when you switch households you will lose everything in your Sim's personal inventories except books and the guitar so best to drag out into the house or yard everything you want to keep before you switch.
  • Options
    treemarie213treemarie213 Posts: 11 New Member
    edited August 2009
    okay so i just tried overwriteing like you said and it deleted my family that ive been working on for days... all my other familys are all seperated.. i dont get it..they are all in the town of sunsetvalley but they are all seperate towns.. .i will switch from one family to another and my other familys houses dont exist in the same town...like i said when i go to save it asks if i want to overwite or save as a different name.. ive been putting in different names...when i go to start a new game...the town is empty none of my familys homes are there....this is really starting to **** me off.... i dont know what to do.. i guess im just gonna wipe it out and start all over again..sad sad sad
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    okay so i just tried overwriteing like you said and it deleted my family that ive been working on for days... all my other familys are all seperated.. i dont get it..they are all in the town of sunsetvalley but they are all seperate towns.. .i will switch from one family to another and my other familys houses dont exist in the same town...like i said when i go to save it asks if i want to overwite or save as a different name.. ive been putting in different names...when i go to start a new game...the town is empty none of my familys homes are there....this is really starting to **** me off.... i dont know what to do.. i guess im just gonna wipe it out and start all over again..sad sad sad

Hi - everytime you save under a "different name" you are just saving that one family in that town. If your other families are right now all in separate towns, I'm not sure if there is a way to get them all together at this point.
    But you could try what I did: before turning off Story Progression actually worked, I just played 1 family and all the other families around my Sim either aged up or moved out. I wanted the original Goth family in my game so I started a new game which still had Gunther and Cornelia Goth in it, evicted them to the library. I went back into my original game and took a copy of them from the library to place in my town, then deleted the one in the library. You could try this - bring all your families together in one town.

If you start over, once you have finished playing your first family, do "Save As.." Sunset Valley or whatever you want to name it. Edit town. Switch households, start a new family or play one of the in-game ones. When you have finished playing them, "Save as..." and overwrite it. Don't rename the town.
    Just click overwrite. When you go back into the game, it will go to the last family you played. If you no longer want to play that family, Edit Town and chose the other family or a new one.

If you have Story Progression turned ON, any family you are not playing may change, die off or move away.