Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Time of death from old age

I thought a sim would die from old age during the day after his bar was full. Normally it happened around 8PM.

Lately, I noticed several elders did not die during that day, not even on the following day, but the eventually do die, it's just so much harder to predict the hour.

Was this adjusted by the latest patch, or is there various details in TS3 desiding time of death, details I did not see yet. Is a sim supposed to live several days with his life time bar full?
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Sim_OutlawSim_Outlaw Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited August 2009
    I have yet been able to predict my Sims death. I was hoping I could do this and be prepared for The Reaper but they never seem to die when you think they will unless you kill them. :D
  • Options
    FionaMariaFionaMaria Posts: 41 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I *think* (I'm not sure, though) the age bar for elders is more of an average (eg. I think it says 90 days is the average lifespan for a sim on the normal settings, can't remember for sure though). So anytime after the bar is full they can die, but some can last quite a while after that. Vegeterians live longer, apparently, as do sims who've completed the jogging challenge in the Athletic skill journal.

I think, at least. xD
  • Options
    unsecretcrushunsecretcrush Posts: 1,029 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I don't think any of my Sims have died on their 90th day right on the nose. After that bar gets full they could go at any time, or they could hang on for weeks before they get their visit from Grim.
  • Options
    Mysticmoon521Mysticmoon521 Posts: 220 New Member
    edited August 2009
    if your sims life was okay they will live to be 90 days and thats all but if you completed their ltw or is a vegetarian they will live longer but i dont think that the time of day can be predicted
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,676 Member
    edited August 2009
    Ah, that's great info, I didn't know they are supposed to live on after the bar is full. This explains it all, and I really think this is som much better than TS2 because it feels wrong predicting day of death correctly.
  • Options
    NighteyesNighteyes Posts: 1,142 Member
    edited August 2009
    I'm sure achieving the LTW doesn't add to their life spans. I've had two sims die so far. Both died at 90 days after having lived healthy athletic lives and fulfilling their LTW.

My Sim who's next in line to die eats a life fruit a day to keep Grim away. I want him and his wife to die as close together as possible. He died once on me when he was 93 days old, but I didn't save the game. He still has stuff to do.
  • Options
    xtinaxtina Posts: 413 Member
    edited August 2009
    My Sim's bar was full and he lived until the next day. He came back from work, grabbed a plate to eat, put it on the floor and then died... I guess you never see it coming :P It can happen at any time.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,676 Member
    edited August 2009
    I always wanted them to be able to die while asleep. Relatives finding them in their bed, dead, the next morning. No fuss, just a silent departure. But I guess Mr. Grim Reaper would have protested, after all he loves the limelight ;-)
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    edited August 2009
    90 days is the minimum number of days a Sim will live. A lot depends on how happy said Sim was during the life cycles. My second Generation Heir and his twin brother are currently 97 days old and seemingly going strong. One is a fitness nut, top of the Superstar Athlete career, too. The other only trained here and there at his brother's insistence, it would seem. :-P

I'm trying to keep track of just how long these two actually survive.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/