Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

HELP! I am logged in issue

I am trying to upload something to the exchange. everytime im on the launcher and clicking upload, it keeps saying that i am not logged in. but i am. even when i log in and out or turn on/off the computer, it still says that i am not logged in. does anyone know or has experience this at all? or can anybody help me?

Comments

• Options
    elhefeelhefe Posts: 1,588 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Clear cache/temporary internet files/cookies from your browser and try again.
    If that doesn't work, try exiting out of your anti-virus program and turn off any firewalls.
  • Options
    babizbabiz Posts: 257 New Member
    edited July 2009
    uhm..how do i exit out of an antivirus program and/or turn off any firewalls?

sorry...
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Thats something your going to have to figure out on your own.
    Usually I exit out of my Anti-Virus by right clicking on the Anti-virus icon at the bottom right of the screen (to the left of the clock) and selecting Exit.
    Firewalls are tougher. If you have Windows Firewall enabled, go the Control Panel>Security Center and turn off Firewall. If you have a router, chances are the firewall is on by default. You'll have to get into your router settings (usually typing 192.168.1.1 in your browser) and finding the settings for the Firewall.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    ok. thank you
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    OK. I cleared my cache and all my history. i also logged out of everything, turned off my firewall and deleted the cookies and exited from the anti virus programs by clicking internet properties. the problem still exists. should i save everything and turn off my PC?
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    What Web Browser and version are you running? For example, I am running Firefox 3.5
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    internet explorer
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    version?
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    babiz wrote:
    internet explorer

ooh internet explorer 7 i think..bc everytime i click the internet explorer it askes me if i'd like to download the newer version of explorer.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I think you should do that.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    alright. If i have any other problems. i'll be up here. hopefully this will work...now.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    ok. when i tried 2 download it, it had said that i was already running 8...??
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    ...hello?
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Did you install IE 8 previously?
  • Options
    shboogiesshboogies Posts: 231 Member
    edited July 2009
    babiz wrote:
    OK. I cleared my cache and all my history. i also logged out of everything, turned off my firewall and deleted the cookies and exited from the anti virus programs by clicking internet properties. the problem still exists. should i save everything and turn off my PC?

I had this same problem but luckily i discovered the culprit. It was my anti-virus. I was using Kaspersky and as soon as I turned it off/uninstalled it - BAM!! I could upload. Try turning your antivirus/antispam program off and try again.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    i dont think so bc i never needed 2 install explorer or download it. the only thing happening is-everyday when i click internet explorer it askes me if i'd like to download explorer 8 but when i tryed to, it had said i was already running it. i just got a acer laptop with widows vista protected by mcfree and it also has (AMD athlon 64)Ati graphics. so im guessing that this laptop comes with explorer 8 already installed?
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    shboogies wrote:
    babiz wrote:

I had this same problem but luckily i discovered the culprit. It was my anti-virus. I was using Kaspersky and as soon as I turned it off/uninstalled it - BAM!! I could upload. Try turning your antivirus/antispam program off and try again.

i did turn off my firewall. i also EXITED from the anti virus program. nothing says 2 turn it off.
    right this moment i have mywinlocker in the bottom right corner of the screen along with Mcfree icon. i cant exit out of those when i right click them.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Make sure there is no version of Internet Explorer running in the background. To do this, open the Task Manager and close out any instances of iexplorer (do not close explorer).
    Try updating again. If still no, try using Windows Updater.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    ok. the only thing that installed was-windows vista service pack 2

now, do you think it could be bc of mcfree? it expires in 50 days..*ugh*
    should i uninstall that?
    it was working perfectly b4. once i got this laptop.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Are you asking if your anti-virus could be the reason you can't download IE 8? IDK.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    i have ie 8 and everything is exited and off meaning firewall, antivirus and other windows.