Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Is This and How Do I Stop It From Happening?

I'm trying to build a house for my sims but after a while these weird white panels appear. It has happened 3 times now and I have had to start over twice already.

After the second time I became more careful and checked every time I saved to make sure they hadn't appeared.
This third time however, they weren't present when I saved it but were when I loaded the next day.

Annoyed, I decided to do something about it, so I did a little testing and I realised I could use the sledgehammer tool to remove them.
However, I wanted to know more about them (what causes them and how to prevent them from reappearing) before saving it, even after I have removed them.

4518974-1531136559.jpg

Any help would be very much appreciated, thank.

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2018
    I've seen these, so have many others and yes they are usually reachable by the sledgehammer tool to delete if you can get to them at just the right angle and level of elevation. I've only seen them on what were originally EA builds but others report having them appear when working on builds from scratch as well. Some suspect they are a byproduct of the CFE (Contstrain Floor Elevation) cheat being used, but I don't think I've seen that actually proven anywhere.

Edit: I see that you have since gotten and responded to some slightly more informed answers over at MTS. :)
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    TanisDuncanTanisDuncan Posts: 48 Member
    Indeed I have, best to cover all bases.

Thanks anyway, more information is always a good thing. Though I don't use that specific cheat, it's good to know all possible causes to this rather annoying bug.