Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MC Commander not working since patch

catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
I have 4.3.1. and it is not working, doesn't show up in game. I wasn't able to fix the shadow line thing either. Now I'm wondering if I will have to redo the whole thing, take out all CC, and do it again from scratch. I may wait until Seasons is out since it will break a lot of things. Meanwhile I can't play, not without MC Commander.

Comments

• Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    catitude5 wrote: »
    I have 4.3.1. and it is not working, doesn't show up in game. I wasn't able to fix the shadow line thing either. Now I'm wondering if I will have to redo the whole thing, take out all CC, and do it again from scratch. I may wait until Seasons is out since it will break a lot of things. Meanwhile I can't play, not without MC Commander.

This is what the mod's creator has to say about MCCC and the latest patch:
    Today's patch from EA does not require an update for MCCC. They did not make any script file changes for this update that breaks script functionality.

MCCC 4.3.1 is still fully compatible with today’s updated version of Sims 4, PC 1.43.14.1020 / Mac 1.43.14.1220.
    When the Seasons update comes out next month, that will be another story. ;)

As always with EA's updates, if you're getting Last Exceptions after the update, that is NOT a problem with MCCC. That is a problem with other mods/cc that are included in your game that need to be updated or removed.

It's working fine for me. Do you have other mods? It sounds like there might be a conflict.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Also, when the game updates it automatically turns off all mods. Did you check in your settings to see if you enabled script mods again?
  • Options
    Also, when the game updates it automatically turns off all mods. Did you check in your settings to see if you enabled script mods again?

Of course. This kind of thing has happened before. Even when I enabled it, the CC did not come back on my characters or houses even though it's in cas and build etc. That is why I kept copies of my houses so I could just put them back.
  • Options

Today's patch from EA does not require an update for MCCC. They did not make any script file changes for this update that breaks script functionality.

MCCC 4.3.1 is still fully compatible with today’s updated version of Sims 4, PC 1.43.14.1020 / Mac 1.43.14.1220.

As always with EA's updates, if you're getting Last Exceptions after the update, that is NOT a problem with MCCC. That is a problem with other mods/cc that are included in your game that need to be updated or removed.

It's working fine for me. Do you have other mods? It sounds like there might be a conflict.

Probably, which is why I may have to redo the game. I have the conflict detector, but there are some things it can't unpact and check. There are some things I'd like to get rid of, but some things are not labeled and I have no idea what that is. I can still build if I want, but I don't see the sense in redoing it now when Seasons is going to break a lot of things. I'll wait and see what breaks.
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member

Probably, which is why I may have to redo the game. I have the conflict detector, but there are some things it can't unpact and check. There are some things I'd like to get rid of, but some things are not labeled and I have no idea what that is. I can still build if I want, but I don't see the sense in redoing it now when Seasons is going to break a lot of things. I'll wait and see what breaks.

Yeah, the Seasons patch will break bits of MCCC (as well as lots of other mods) for sure. But Deaderpool is always super quick at fixing it.
  • Options
    Chances are the problem isn't just one thing but several things. There is not way to sort through that so all CC has to go. I plan to start with the things I have to have like MC Commander, pose player, teleport any sim, things like that and work from there.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Chances are the problem isn't just one thing but several things. There is not way to sort through that so all CC has to go. I plan to start with the things I have to have like MC Commander, pose player, teleport any sim, things like that and work from there.

Holding off on much of the CC until the game is done; Keeping up with mods is bad enough. I'll probably go through my mods and decide which ones I can really do without for now so I have fewer mods to check.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    SaraEkJSaraEkJ Posts: 1 New Member
    I can't seem to get MCCC 4.4.4 (with After School Activitites V4) to work either. No problem with installing or getting it to show up, but the options doesn't seem to do anything. I've been making sure the "children quit school" option is disabled, but the game keeps telling me the kids have to quit school if they want to join an acitivity. In short, the mod is properly installed and all options are there, but the game doesn't follow. I've tried reinstalling both MCCC and ASA, restarting the game, and switching back and forth through enabled and disabled. Nothing works. Does anyone know anything about this?
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    SaraEkJ wrote: »
    I can't seem to get MCCC 4.4.4 (with After School Activitites V4) to work either. No problem with installing or getting it to show up, but the options doesn't seem to do anything. I've been making sure the "children quit school" option is disabled, but the game keeps telling me the kids have to quit school if they want to join an acitivity. In short, the mod is properly installed and all options are there, but the game doesn't follow. I've tried reinstalling both MCCC and ASA, restarting the game, and switching back and forth through enabled and disabled. Nothing works. Does anyone know anything about this?

You could try asking about this in the general support section of MCCC Discord:
    https://discordapp.com/invite/fuVM8Ed

or @Bonxie is super helpful over at the troubleshooting thread for MCCC here:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/913483/mc-command-center-local-help-chat-thread#latest