Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff Pack ... Careers!

kellivan68kellivan68 Posts: 34 Member
I have played every career and am getting bored with the same old, same old. What new career could be added to a stuff pack? Personally, I would like to see everyday careers ... Cashier@ Mega Mart, Factory worker, Construction worker, Optometrist. Base game careers, that also might possibly work for vampires who cannot go out in day light. Also Part time jobs, that work with a single parent home, Day care provider, School teacher ...

Of course with the stuff pack we also get a few things to increase skills, like checkers or solitary to increase logic, sketch books to increase creativity, Steppers to increase fitness, smaller telescopes, smaller microscopes ... smaller.....
Post edited by kellivan68 on

Comments

• Options
    PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    edited June 2018
    Uhm... Law, education, architecture, fashion, firefighter, acting etc...

I'd kinda like more active careers but honestly atm I'd take rabbit hole careers with pleasure because the current careers have gotten so boring for me that I had to download some custom ones.
  • Options
    kellivan68kellivan68 Posts: 34 Member
    @PeculiarPlumbob ... firefighter and acting I think need too bee active careers ... but all your ideas are excellent!!! i love rabbit holes ... wish we had more choices ... I have a household that the stay at home mom started getting bored and having affairs ... so I have to send her husband away ... (cause he cant find out yet) ... so I often send him volunteering if he isn't at work so she can get a little ....
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    edited July 2018
    I too would be happy with almost any new careers, but my hangup is skills introduced later in game or in packs that don't have either an aspiration or career to go with them (ideally, I think there should be both, but at least one doesn't seem unreasonable). So, I would be especially on board with a pack that included careers (and/or aspirations, but we're talking about careers) for:

Photography. This is number one for me. Why there's not a photography career baffles me. I'd like it best if it were a work from home career too--critic and media personality sometimes requires picture taking, but I'd like something that focuses on it more exclusively so my sim has a reason to really develop (heh) that skill.

Wellness. An aspiration might be a better fit, but a playable rabbit hole yoga instructor/massage therapist career would work too.

Singing. Professional singer seems a no brainer with addition of the singing skill. Would love it if the skill was extended to 10, with a career that branched to Superstar and Opera Diva.

Dancing. Similar for singing, would like it to be extended, with unlocks for different types of dance like ballet and tap, and a corresponding career of some sort.

DJing. No clear ideas on this one, just would be nice to have SOME reason for this skill to exist. Career could work well, especially with an additional DJing/Dance party aspiration.

Baking.
    Baker career. Nuff said.

Right now, I feel like I never do much or get much out of these skills since there's no career or aspiration to go with them.

Additionally, there are some skills that have aspirations but no real careers to speak of that could maybe benefit from one.

Pet training. This one could be a really cool rabbit hole or work from home career that really motivates to pursue the pet training skill! Would go great with the friends of the animals aspiration, if you didn't want to pursue the veterinary angle, or an additional pet training focused aspiration. Speaking of...

Veterinary. Something that doesn't require buying a vet clinic, but still let's you explore the skill. Honestly, not sure why this wasn't another active career offered, seems to fit right with the Doctor career path.

Selvadorada Culture. I haven't fully explored the JA aspirations, but it seems like this skill gets a bit sidelined. There's a few requiements in one of the aspirations, but maybe a work from home career might be a good fit? Travel journalist, or anthropologist maybe, something like that.

Archaeology. This one is getting more and more appealing to me. It'd be great to go with the archaeologist aspiration, and maybe could come with perks that gave you discounts on rentals and purchasing supplies, like a way to buy supplies through the computer wholesale instead of just through the marketplace.

Vampire lore. I mentioned somewhere that I really wish there was a vampire aspiration that didn't involve becoming a vampire, like vmpire hunter or friend of the vampires, and I was told the former was actually planned for but never implemented, which is a shame. Maybe it could be reborn as a career: vampire hunting! This is another one that could be a rabbit hole or work from home, and would be a cool way to explore the vampire lore skill for sims that don't feel like becoming a vampire.

Parenting! I feel like the parenting skill is pretty integrated as is, but on the other hand, maybe some sims could pursue a career in childhood development? Could go hand in hand with the teacher career many keep asking for.

Herbalism. We have a naturalist aspiration--why not a career? You could make a living brewing ointments and such. In fact, if they didn't need to keep packs so separate, an herbalist/wellness aspiration and career addition could go really well together!

Handiness. Okay okay, handiness gets used A LOT in this game, and there's the whole nerd brain aspiration, but how much to you really appreciate those statues and furniture you make on the woodworking table? And how cool would it be if you could have a playable sculptor/furniture maker career? A part time playable handyman job wouldn't be amiss either.

Fishing. Why not a professional fisherman/woman/person? A rabbit hole where you actually "go out to sea" to catch stuff. I'll admit, part of the appeal of this one for me would just be the clothes, lol. Think of all the cute maritime outfits you could unlock!

Gardening. I think gardening has been improved a lot since Seasons, tho I haven't gotten that pack yet I can't speak to that much, but a professional gardener/landscaping career of some sort would be nice I think. I mean, there's that teen part time job that builds gardening skill--I'd be happy if that was made available for adults.

Actually, all the teen jobs could be part time adult jobs as well. I also think it's weird that we ca't play adults with part time jobs, but pretty much the only NPCs we see with those jobs are adults and not teens. Teens have the "job" of babysitter, but we can never hire a teen to be a nanny. And the gardener is never a teen, even tho that's basically what the "laborer" job turns out to be. I think it'd be cool if those jobs were available to everyone, and we also had the option of hiring an NPC teen to do that job for less money, with the understanding that they might be worse at their job ;-P

Whoof, that is the longest and most complete post I've ever made on this subject! Sorry for the long windedness. But basically, my first priority is taking advantage of, working with, and "completing" aspects that are already in the game, before introducing whole new things. I would not be as interested in a bunch of new careers that introduced a bunch of new skills, or were more logic or charisma or creative based professions before expanding on the skills that already exist and haven't had their full potential unlocked.
  • Options
    DerellaDerella Posts: 765 Member
    I'd love a career pack, even if they were just rabbit hole jobs. We need more everyday jobs(teachers, lawyers), and I'd love part-time jobs as well(retail, barista, cashier, etc...).