Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disappearing items?

So I had this problem with tombstones. I placed one down on the ground from my sims personal inventory and it made a little sound like it had been placed but it completely disappeared. I just ignored it for a while thinking it was gone forever but when night time came the ghost appeared where I had put the tombstone and he wandered through my house. Is it possible for me to get the tombstone back?

Comments

• Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    Do you use mods? If so, nraas MasterController will let you move an object back into your inventory, where it will presumably be visible. Then you can try to place it again and see whether it disappears. Click anywhere on the lot, nraas>object add to inventory>not inventory and then a list of objects on the lot will appear. If you're having repeated troubles with this particular tombstone, MC also has an option to reset an object, but that might not be a great idea while the ghost is roaming around. (Or it might be fine. I'm just speculating.)

If you don't have any mods, the only thing I can think of is to move within the town and then see if the tombstone either shows up in your family inventory or becomes visible where it was placed once your family is living somewhere else.
  • Options
    Macaire13Macaire13 Posts: 39 Member
    @puzzlezaddict Thanks, I used Master Controller to put it back in my inventory then put it back on the ground and everything worked perfectly.
  • Options
    Jcsawyer207Jcsawyer207 Posts: 1 New Member
    My car disappeared. It was one I unlocked with challenge points then I bought it in buy mode. It wasn't anywhere around town or in my inventory. This was very annoying. Luckly I had another save file for a pervious save only an hour before so I just had to do like 2 days over. At least I didn't have to buy the car again. Also all my books and everything my Sims had on person disappeared from my book shelf and their where a whole bunch of police cars their instead. When I went to the book store it says I still had them. So I ended up just sell them all and buying them back. When I went home everything had changed back and nothing was missing. So weird. On another Sim file the town wouldn't load anymore witch ment I couldn't collect anything or stay at events. The save file ended up freezing every time I tried to save. I was on week 20 day 5. Then it started freezing the second I loaded the game. This happened many times on different files. So I did the move in house hold and haven't had many issues. I picked the Landdgrab lot witch has the biggest fire meter. I love this game after all these years. Just wish it wasn't so glitchy. I have many more story's to tell about that but will just leave it at that.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2018
    @Jcsawyer207 - Fire meter? Which version of the game are you playing? This section of the forum is for TS3, the computer game on PCs and Macs. Some of what you have described makes it sound like you are playing a different game, maybe a console version?
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    *blows dust off of thread*

Ok, so I wasn't sure where to put this (looked all over for a similar topic), but I guess this is the closest to the issue (without reposting the same thing as someone before). So here we go -

I've noticed that my items are starting to vanish from my games.

Originally, it started with my Katy Perry items (Showtime - Katy Perry edition). The Ultimate Venue, Katy's electric guitar, hair, (fruit) dress - normal dress is still there.

Most recently to disappear, was my "It's Not Gross Showers" from my asylum (just put in regular showers for now) though I'm not happy about it.

What was the point of using my Sim points for the shower (for example), if it's going to be removed from my game later on? I'm sure if I search more, I will find more missing.

What was the point of the Katy Perry edition of Showtime if all of the Katy related items are removed? Was there legal issues between EA and Katy?

Sorry, didn't mean for this to be a rant, but I'm sure you can understand my frustrations with losing my stuff.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2018
    @5782341b77vl - (sneezes and blows dust back atcha) :p

Most players do not find that installed store items or items from EPs suddenly vanish from their games. Some players on digital installs have reportedly had trouble installing or re-installing the special KP version of Showtime and end up with the standard version of the EP instead. Not finding that on an existing install, the EP has somehow reverted itself.

On the missing showers, I would suggest re-installing that item or seeing if you have a ccmerged file isse. The ccmerged file in DCBackup is what makes premium store items work and it can be replaced without too much fuss.
    https://nonasims.wordpress.com/2012/05/17/dcbackup-ccmerged-package-and-your-premium-content-items

Or the store items can be either individually reinstalled or the entire DCCache dumped and rebuilt from scratch, hopefully to include the missing items. None of this stuff is reliant upon what EA does once it is installed and in the DCCache.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    My car disappeared. It was one I unlocked with challenge points then I bought it in buy mode. It wasn't anywhere around town or in my inventory. This was very annoying. Luckly I had another save file for a pervious save only an hour before so I just had to do like 2 days over. At least I didn't have to buy the car again. Also all my books and everything my Sims had on person disappeared from my book shelf and their where a whole bunch of police cars their instead. When I went to the book store it says I still had them. So I ended up just sell them all and buying them back. When I went home everything had changed back and nothing was missing. So weird. On another Sim file the town wouldn't load anymore witch ment I couldn't collect anything or stay at events. The save file ended up freezing every time I tried to save. I was on week 20 day 5. Then it started freezing the second I loaded the game. This happened many times on different files. So I did the move in house hold and haven't had many issues. I picked the Landdgrab lot witch has the biggest fire meter. I love this game after all these years. Just wish it wasn't so glitchy. I have many more story's to tell about that but will just leave it at that.

Aren't you talking about the Wii version of the game? Or PS3? Wii is bugged beyond redemption an to my knowledge nothing can be done about it.
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    @5782341b77vl There is an issue with the PC version of sims 3, where the .ebc files become to large, that store items can disappear. Here is a thread about resolving this issue: forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/866577/how-to-install-store-items/p1

Basically "files in the dccache folder should stay under 200MB, which is 204,800 kb!"

This is the original version of this thread that has been archived: https://web.archive.org/web/20170430232315/forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/807788/reinstall-store-stuff-no-repeats-or-disappearing